Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 948 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
Darren
  • Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

Overhyping Taylor Swift? Predicting Queen Bey in AOTY? Trying to make Sam Smith happen? It’s 2018 all over again.

My current thoughts on AOTY:

Safest Bet
    Thank U, Next– Ariana Grande

Strong Contenders
    When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go– Billie Eilish
    A Star is Born– Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper

Sleeper Contenders
    Amidst the Chaos– Sara Bareilles
    When I Get Home– Solange
    Assume Form– James Blake
    Ventura– Anderson .Paak
    This Land– Gary Clarke, Jr.
    A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships– The 1975
    Heard It In A Past Life – Maggie Rogers

Upcoming Releases to Watch
    TBA- Childish Gambino
    Father of the Bride– Vampire Weekend
    I Am Easy to Find– The National
    Late Night Feelings– Mark Ronson

Here’s hoping Rihanna, Cardi B, Adele, and Gaga release new music before the deadline!

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Overhyping Taylor Swift? Predicting Queen Bey in AOTY? Trying to make Sam Smith happen? It’s 2018 all over again. My current thoughts on AOTY: Safest Bet Thank U, Next– Ariana Grande Strong Contenders When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go– Billie Eilish A Star is Born– Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Sleeper Contenders Amidst the Chaos– Sara Bareilles When I Get Home– Solange Assume Form– James Blake Ventura– Anderson .Paak This Land– Gary Clarke, Jr. A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships– The 1975 Heard It In A Past Life – Maggie Rogers Upcoming Releases to Watch TBA- Childish Gambino Father of the Bride– Vampire Weekend I Am Easy to Find– The National Late Night Feelings– Mark Ronson Here’s hoping Rihanna, Cardi B, Adele, and Gaga release new music before the deadline!

Don’t forget Pink’s album Hurts 2B Human, releasing April.26.

Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

I like P!nk a lot! But we do this every year with her. She’d need to reach new levels of critical acclaim tbh And this first single was a flop.

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

If “Earth” does get nominated, that means that all of the people featured on it could potentially win all at once. I can see how that *might* be appealing to voters, but I highly doubt it even gets nominated. The snippet doesn’t sound all that great, but at least the money’s going to a worthy cause. That makes it commendable.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Skies.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Skies.
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

People already considering that upcoming meme song… I heard this “earth” Snippet and it’s already the most stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

do you have a link to the snippet?

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

do you have a link to the snippet?

https://twitter.com/jumboariana/status/1118891948457250816?s=21

I will always love you

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo’s reviews are coming through. With 5 reported on Metacritic it’s at 86 with a 100 from NME and a 60 from Guardian as a high and low. I really hope she breaks through and is eligible for BNA and gets in some R&B/Pop field categories.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

If “Earth” does get nominated, that means that all of the people featured on it could potentially win all at once. I can see how that *might* be appealing to voters, but I highly doubt it even gets nominated. The snippet doesn’t sound all that great, but at least the money’s going to a worthy cause. That makes it commendable.

Not necessarily. More than likely the song will be credited something like “Lil Dickey & Various Artists” and only Lil Dickey would actually win. But without having heard the song yet, it is highly unlikely this song becomes a contender.

JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not going to make predictions about Taylor until she releases something and even then the lead single isn’t a good indication of the quality of the album, so for the moment I will say only this.

Of course the lead single is not everything, but when she released LWYMMD I knew that album was going to be garbage and it was indeed.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

“Earth” song will be a non-factor. It’s bad and it sucks that it shares the same name with the amazing “Earth” song by Michael Jackson.

V
    Participant
    Topics:

I just hope this year’s darkhorse is Weyes Blood’s Titanic Rising. And Lizzo needs some nods!

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/jumboariana/status/1118891948457250816?s=21

When I saw people’s comments in here I was thinking, “It really can’t be that bad”, but wow how did anyone sign off on that?

“Do They Know It’s Christmas?” released in the UK in 1984 was nominated for Best Music Video, Short Form.
    “We Are The World” from 1985 earned four Grammy Awards in 1986.

Perhaps “Earth” might get a nomination somewhere.

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is the only new artist in contention who peaks my interest. Her single “Tempo” feat. Missy Elliott is fiyah !!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think “Earth” will be a serious contender.

The voters usually go for more socially-conscious lyrics than “Hey Russia, we cool.. Germany we forgive you” and that memey shit.

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think “Earth” will be a serious contender. The voters usually go for more socially-conscious lyrics than “Hey Russia, we cool.. Germany we forgive you” and that memey shit.

Yeah, I don’t think we’ll need to worry about it being part of the discussion. I don’t see how anyone could take it seriously.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 948 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.