Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 977 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
M
D
  • MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift could already be heading for #1 debut for her lead single in Billboard Hot 100 in two weeks from now with Old Town Road’s overall performance is starting to decline.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift could already be heading for #1 debut for her lead single in Billboard Hot 100 in two weeks from now with Old Town Road’s overall performance is starting to decline.

Let’s be honest Old Town Road is basically a gag. Sister Taylor will have no trouble debuting number 1.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think has more chances to receive an AOTY nomination? Ariana Grande or Billie Eillish?

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think has more chances to receive an AOTY nomination? Ariana Grande or Billie Eillish?

Billie Eillish, she has that indie, artsy touch that the Grammy’s committee usually embraces.

Ariana however doesn’t have a good history with the committee (especially in a weak year like last year, SoTY should’ve been easy for her). So while a nomination is likely in this weak year, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s relegated to Pop Categories & maybe RoTY.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie but I think they’ll both get in.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

Both will probably be nominated, but Ariana is more likely because she’s overdue for general field recognition and she’s having a banner year. I think Billie will also get in AOTY, but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they just gave her Record/Song of the Year noms. Other very young breakout artists such as Avril Lavigne and Lorde were shut out of AOTY despite nominations in other marquee categories.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana however doesn’t have a good history with the committee (especially in a weak year like last year, SoTY should’ve been easy for her).

That probably helps her more than hurts her, especially since she’s having an even bigger year than last year. And especially since multiple voters said she was snubbed in some of the anonymous ballots.

Also, like I said at the time, and why I correctly predicted it wouldn’t be nominated, “No Tears Left to Cry” isn’t a typical SOTY contender.

cL94
    Participant
    Topics:

That probably helps her more than hurts her, especially since she’s having an even bigger year than last year. And especially since multiple voters said she was snubbed in some of the anonymous ballots. Also, like I said at the time, and why I correctly predicted it wouldn’t be nominated, “No Tears Left to Cry” isn’t a typical SOTY contender.

Do you think any of her singles have a shot at SOTY/ROTY? I’m sure she’ll be nominated, but imo the singles aren’t as strong as the album cuts.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

That probably helps her more than hurts her, especially since she’s having an even bigger year than last year. And especially since multiple voters said she was snubbed in some of the anonymous ballots. Also, like I said at the time, and why I correctly predicted it wouldn’t be nominated, “No Tears Left to Cry” isn’t a typical SOTY contender.

I wouldn’t read too much into that anonymous ballot. One of the three voted for Pink, the other for Ariana (and said she should’ve been nominated more), and the other for Shawn Mendes.

So it isn’t really telling. It’s not like there’s a general consensus/majority sharing his opinion, at least in this small sample.

MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel that the Grammys will snub Ariana Grande due to her 61st Grammys controversy.

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel that the Grammys will snub Ariana Grande due to her 61st Grammys controversy.

I don’t think that’ll be remembered by a significant amount of members. And if they do, it’s possible that they believe she was right in that situation (which I believe was the case, but that’s irrelevant).

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Editing the list of contenders in the first page of the forum. Anyone missing?

Critically acclaimed projects:

You should probably include the most acclaimed album on metacritic so far this year (counting albums with more than 15 reviews), which is Titanic Rising.

https://www.metacritic.com/music/titanic-rising/weyes-blood

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

You should probably include the most acclaimed album on metacritic so far this year (counting albums with more than 15 reviews), which is Titanic Rising.

https://www.metacritic.com/music/titanic-rising/weyes-blood

Look, I’m going to include it to be fair, but it’s probably not going anywhere.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a strong feeling about Ella Mai in AOTY.

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Look, I’m going to include it to be fair, but it’s probably not going anywhere.

You included albums outside the Billboard 200 Top 20, like Assume Form, Remind Me Tomorrow and Gray Area and I can’t see them getting nominated either.

In a couple of months, Metacritic will post their mid year best albums of the year so far list, which will include albums with more than 15 reviews. Right now Titanic Rising would be at the top of that list. I think it will at least be in the discussion as a possible nominee.

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 977 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.