Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,006 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
DC95
  • ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

While we have to see the nominations before predicting a winner but I can assure you Thank You Next is not winning just based off history. Commercial pop artist don’t win unless they are a respected singer/songwriter. Ariana is more similar to Rihanna and Katy Perry than Adele.

Rihanna has 9 Grammys out of 33 nominations. How is she not respected?

ReplyCopy URL
    Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is more respected than katy and rihanna right now she’s had an incredible year #1 album 2 #1 songs and Coachella I dont see why some posters insist that she wont win (like the voters hate her or some shit when she just won a grammy a couple of months ago)

you couldn’t even name one album that can beat thank u next

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

No disrespect to Ariana Grande. She’s one of the few talented vocalists of this era. But in NO way is she more respected than Rihanna!

Ariana just got her first #1’s this year and now her fans are doing the most.

As stated before, Rihanna is almost at 10 Grammys in her career. Ariana just won 1. There’s no comparison.

Ariana has been releasing music ad nauseam. Rihanna’s been on a 3 year hiatus.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if it’s just an instinctive feeling or what but I don’t see Ariana taking AOTY. I just can’t bring myself to see it. Not because I hate the album or anything but it just feels off. Same with Billie Eilish.

ReplyCopy URL
    tobey1
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lizzo is gonna have a good night on the grammy nomination morning ngl, the attention she is getting is amazing and I’m hoping it happens for her. Thoughts?

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is more respected than katy and rihanna right now she’s had an incredible year #1 album 2 #1 songs and Coachella I dont see why some posters insist that she wont win (like the voters hate her or some shit when she just won a grammy a couple of months ago) you couldn’t even name one album that can beat thank u next

Now what kinda logic is that… just because Rihanna isn’t realizing music at the moment doesn’t mean she isn’t respected anymore! And she won a Grammys in a genre category that doesn’t even have a panel so you can sit down! One gramny does not make someone respected by the Academy especially when she bashed them a few months ago! Stop being delusional please

ReplyCopy URL
    Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

No disrespect to Ariana Grande. She’s one of the few talented vocalists of this era.

Um, what? She is a horrible vocalist. Her enunciation is pathetic. I need to consult an Ariana-to-English dictionary every time she releases a new song even though we’re both native English speakers. She can put out a catchy tune but that’s it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

Now what kinda logic is that… just because Rihanna isn’t realizing music at the moment doesn’t mean she isn’t respected anymore! And she won a Grammys in a genre category that doesn’t even have a panel so you can sit down! One gramny does not make someone respected by the Academy especially when she bashed them a few months ago! Stop being delusional please

rihanna didn’t have a #1 song since 2013 until she needed drake Gaga needed bradley cooper and Beyoncé needed ed sheeran

Ariana didn’t need anyone to have 2 in a row no disrespect to any of them but ari is more relevant and successful now facts

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao!!

Little girl, you do realize that Rihanna, Beyoncé, Katy, and Gaga had MULTIPLE #1 solo singles before Miss Grande even had a full grown ponytail.

This either shows how fickle young listeners are or how trolling can go terribly wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Um, what? She is a horrible vocalist. Her enunciation is pathetic. I need to consult an Ariana-to-English dictionary every time she releases a new song even though we’re both native English speakers. She can put out a catchy tune but that’s it.

Welp, I was trying to be nice. :/ #theshade

ReplyCopy URL
    liveinfinity
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys what are your predictions on Megan the stallion? She has a single that’s taking off in the US slowly climbing billboard and radio charts. She’s highly buzzed in the hip hop community.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

FKA Twigs in AOTY for LP2? Any possibilities. I think she can get in as an acclaimed act.

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

FKA twigs – “Cellophane”
    This has to be a contender for Best Music Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkLjqFpBh84

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

FKA Twigs in AOTY for LP2? Any possibilities. I think she can get in as an acclaimed act.

Perhaps, where is she likely to chart and when is the expected release date?

LP1 was #30 on the BB200 and #16 in the UK. Even for acclaimed artists, it’s difficult if you don’t at least have some reasonable sales and/or public recognition too.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana winning AOTY is a stretch. Come on now.

For me, I don’t think Ariana Grande is winning AOTY. I think she will be snubbed in ROTY/SOTY if she submits 7 Rings because this song was really bad. Also, there’s a real chance that Taylor Swift might win AOTY for the third time if she will pull a 1989 2.0 on her forthcoming seventh album and we do not know how the lead single will sound like tomorrow. I hope it sounds like a summer bop anthem which would be disco pop funk song or power pop.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,006 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.