Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 922 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Boz
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

In this weak year, if she releases anything on 1989 quality or even goes back to country (I doubt it) I could see her winning one or two Grammys. Ariana is being seriously overestimated. She’s gonna be The Drake of this year. If Taylor releases 1989-quality she could easily beat Ariana and songs like 7 Rings. Even the generic Me! is better than 7 Rings

Y’all really haven’t been the same ever since Sweetener beat Reputation omfg.

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

the delusion saying the biggest artist of the year can go empty handed
    keep dreaming she’ll win many grammy’s this year it’s HER year
    not only thank u next is the best selling album but it’s the most acclaimed

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

the delusion saying the biggest artist of the year can go empty handed
    keep dreaming she’ll win many grammy’s this year it’s HER year
    not only thank u next is the best selling album but it’s the most acclaimed

Nope, she will not win many Grammys. Watch out for Taylor Swift.

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Nope, she will not win many Grammys. Watch out for Taylor Swift.

It’s unreasonable to act so certain when we haven’t even seen all that Taylor has to offer so far. I can understand having gut feelings (for instance I just don’t think Ariana’s winning in the GF, but still think she’ll get into all 3 categories), but you’re making a comparison to a work that hasn’t even been released yet.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now, both Billie and Ariana can easily score some nominations even in the GF. As for Taylor right now, she can possibly score a Pop/Duo nomination for Me. Let’s just hope more music is dropped before the deadline so things can finally get interesting.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

So apparently Me will jump to #2 and be blocked by Old Town Road. That bitch THOUGHT!

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

So apparently Me will jump to #2 and be blocked by Old Town Road. That bitch THOUGHT!

At this point, I’d accept a Logan Paul track debuting at number one if it meant it could dethrone Old Town Road. We need sister Rihanna to drop her album ASAP.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Duo:

• ME!, Taylor Swift ft. Brendan Urie
    • Dancing With A Stranger, Sam Smith and Normani
    • Sucker, The Jonas Brothers
    • Sunflower, Post Malone and Swae Lee
    • Nothing Breaks Like A Heart, Miley Cyrus and Mark Ronson
    • ALT: Close To Me, Ellie Goulding, Diplo, and Swae Lee
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Khalid is continuing to be a beast when it comes to commercial success and radio play. Talk just had a big jump on the Hot 100 to reach number 8, matching Better. It also hit number one on the R&B charts, knocking out Better after months at number one. It will likely climb a bit higher on the Hot 100. We all know his album isn’t so well received critically, but people like him and his singles have longevity. I wouldn’t be surprised if his singles (Better & Talk) got some Grammy love next year. Was Eastside eligible last year? I assume it was and there’s no weird loophole where it was released in the summer but could be eligible this cycle.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

Anderson .Paak was on Ellen with Make it Better. I think with the Smokey Robinson feature, this will be his push for R&B categories. He’s another well-loved artist in the industry (hence the surprise win last year and previous surprise nominations). It could even sneak into SOTY.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Khalid is continuing to be a beast when it comes to commercial success and radio play. Talk just had a big jump on the Hot 100 to reach number 8, matching Better. It also hit number one on the R&B charts, knocking out Better after months at number one. It will likely climb a bit higher on the Hot 100. We all know his album isn’t so well received critically, but people like him and his singles have longevity. I wouldn’t be surprised if his singles (Better & Talk) got some Grammy love next year. Was Eastside eligible last year? I assume it was and there’s no weird loophole where it was released in the summer but could be eligible this cycle.

Eastside would be eligible had it not been submitted last year, since Benny’s album was released in December of last year. However I believe it was submitted last year.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

the delusion saying the biggest artist of the year can go empty handed keep dreaming she’ll win many grammy’s this year it’s HER year not only thank u next is the best selling album but it’s the most acclaimed

It’s not the most acclaimed is #9 on metacritic. She can win but is not a lock, if Taylor Swift steps up her game and comes with a song like Blank Space as her second single Ariana Grande can kiss her Grammys in pop genre goodbye. As of general field she probably be nominated but her only strong categories are RoTY and AoTY and if RoTY is packed like last year she won’t win, AoTY is probably not hers since I think two or three pop albums will be nominated and the rest are other genres (like R&B) she won’t win. She is in probably but not a lock. Saying she will win may Grammys is a reach and a half.

MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

If it gets better at streaming it can jump at #1 nothing is certain. It has the radio play, the sales and the unpaid streaming numbers but since billboard relies heavily in spotify and apple music it just needs more exposure there so it can become #1

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

I keep trying to tell people this on the R&B thread. But no one seems to listen. I guess they’ll learn the hard way.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

if Taylor Swift steps up her game and comes with a song like Blank Space as her second single Ariana Grande can kiss her Grammys in pop genre goodbye.

You Taylor stans are doing the most. First of all, a reminder that Blank Space (or any of her pop singles, for that matter) did not win a Grammy.

Secondly, Taylor had the bestselling album of last year and a #1 hit attached to it, which Ariana did not have. Why was Ariana able to beat her? Also, why was Ariana able to get a nomination in Pop Solo with a song that was significantly less popular than Swift’s Delicate?

Taylor has only ever been a factor at the Grammys when she’s been mega-successful, and she’s been on a downward trend for awhile. And even when she was in favor with voters, she never swept. No wins in the general field aside from AOTY. No wins in Pop Solo or Duo/Group Performance. An Adele or Bruno she is not.

So PLEASE, you and the other Taylor stans, spare us with the essays about how we need to watch out for her if the rest of her album is good (doubtful given her recent output) like she’s some kind of Grammy boogeyman. It’s getting annoying real quick.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 922 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.