Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 933 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +43 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Oz
  • Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Truth Hurts eligible? Or is it too old?

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

RAP/SUNG PERFORMANCE
    1. Tints by Anderson .Paak & Kendrick Lamar
    2. Wow by Post Malone
    3. Please Me by Cardi B & Bruno Mars
    4. Rule the World by 2 Chainz featuring Ariana Grande
    5. Old Town Road by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus

Rule the world cant win they need to submit 7 rings (feat 2 Chainz)

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Rule the world cant win they need to submit 7 rings (feat 2 Chainz)

Stop it

M
    Participant
    Topics:

7 Rings won’t be nominated with or without 2 Chainz.

If “I Like It” by a major rap artist wasn’t deemed rap enough by the committee, what makes you think 7 Rings will?

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think he’d sweep anyway 7 rings is a strong best rap/sung performance contender #1 for 8 weeks i know y’all hate ariana but i have a strong feeling she’ll win that

Lol do you hear yourself?

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is getting no where near the Rap Field! Ya’ll are really overestimating her potential nominations.

AOTY, Pop Solo, & Pop Album are a given. But Best Rap/Sung? The committee won’t let that happen. And neither should we.

Also, OTR is POP asf! No way that’s getting a RAP nod. “WOW.” is a Pop Solo contender.

Some of these predictions…. :/

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Rule the World is doing well on Urban and Rhythm radio.

Also, Wow is definitely Rap Sung, and I’d argue Old Town Road will be slotted there. That’s not a pop song.

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone is getting no where near the Rap Field anytime soon. He, himself, has disassociated himself from being labeled a “Hip-Hop” artist. Look it up. “Wow.” Is going Pop. It’s where it belongs.

Also, plenty of Rap songs with Pop hooks have been placed in Pop Duo/Group. “Fancy”, “See You Again”, “I”m the One”.

There’s no way the RAP panel will accept OTR in their field. It has a better shot of getting into Pop….where it belongs.

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

either way with 7 rings or rule the world ari is getting nominated for best rap sung performance anyway

i hope they’ll submit imagine to r&b and she could get 7-8 nominations this year

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference between Ariana & JT/Xtina is that she has no credibility within the Urban/R&B World. Yes, she’s got a little bit of soul. But for the most part her music is primarily POP.

Xtina/JT have done countless collaborations with Black artists, performed tributes, and recorded albums with R&B leanings. They’ve put in the work. Ariana isn’t there yet. Maybe in a few years she will reinvent herself like Bruno Mars did.

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Mark my word.

On April 26, the world will witness the TS7 lead single outsold all of the songs in the music charts such as iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, etc. This could be a frontrunner for ROTY/SOTY if it’s a bop and dominant. She could also be nominated for AOTY given that her next era is already bright.

This is not a spoiler.

This is not a prediction.

This will end Old Town Road and everything that made 2019 in music worse.

PERIOD.

It’s a good job this wasn’t a prediction.

In any case, I don’t think we’ll be seeing Me! nominated for the general field (if anywhere). There were no nominations for the #1 “Look What You Made Me Do” and I can’t see this one doing any better.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

either way with 7 rings or rule the world ari is getting nominated for best rap sung performance anyway i hope they’ll submit imagine to r&b and she could get 7-8 nominations this year

That’s enough.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone is getting no where near the Rap Field anytime soon. He, himself, has disassociated himself from being labeled a “Hip-Hop” artist. Look it up. “Wow.” Is going Pop. It’s where it belongs.

He literally got in last year, a few months after the whole interview where he said rap was a joke or something. They don’t care if he’s in Rap.

The difference between Ariana & JT/Xtina is that she has no credibility within the Urban/R&B World. Yes, she’s got a little bit of soul. But for the most part her music is primarily POP.

Xtina/JT have done countless collaborations with Black artists, performed tributes, and recorded albums with R&B leanings. They’ve put in the work. Ariana isn’t there yet. Maybe in a few years she will reinvent herself like Bruno Mars did.

She has done all those things tho.

I still think 7 rings is Pop and RTW Rap/Sung

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s not true ariana is very loved in the urban/rap community many singers made duets with her

JSA
    Participant
    Topics:

Well so Justin and Ed are releasing this friday. It seems like is going to be Ed’s single, since Justin has a proyect for next year.

It has not any numbers (obviusly) but I think that is impossible to debut at one. OTR is very very strong, and has points from 2 versions combined.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.