Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 922 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Boz
  • Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone is getting no where near the Rap Field anytime soon. He, himself, has disassociated himself from being labeled a “Hip-Hop” artist. Look it up. “Wow.” Is going Pop. It’s where it belongs.

Also, plenty of Rap songs with Pop hooks have been placed in Pop Duo/Group. “Fancy”, “See You Again”, “I”m the One”.

There’s no way the RAP panel will accept OTR in their field. It has a better shot of getting into Pop….where it belongs.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

either way with 7 rings or rule the world ari is getting nominated for best rap sung performance anyway

i hope they’ll submit imagine to r&b and she could get 7-8 nominations this year

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference between Ariana & JT/Xtina is that she has no credibility within the Urban/R&B World. Yes, she’s got a little bit of soul. But for the most part her music is primarily POP.

Xtina/JT have done countless collaborations with Black artists, performed tributes, and recorded albums with R&B leanings. They’ve put in the work. Ariana isn’t there yet. Maybe in a few years she will reinvent herself like Bruno Mars did.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Mark my word.

On April 26, the world will witness the TS7 lead single outsold all of the songs in the music charts such as iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, etc. This could be a frontrunner for ROTY/SOTY if it’s a bop and dominant. She could also be nominated for AOTY given that her next era is already bright.

This is not a spoiler.

This is not a prediction.

This will end Old Town Road and everything that made 2019 in music worse.

PERIOD.

It’s a good job this wasn’t a prediction.

In any case, I don’t think we’ll be seeing Me! nominated for the general field (if anywhere). There were no nominations for the #1 “Look What You Made Me Do” and I can’t see this one doing any better.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

either way with 7 rings or rule the world ari is getting nominated for best rap sung performance anyway i hope they’ll submit imagine to r&b and she could get 7-8 nominations this year

That’s enough.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone is getting no where near the Rap Field anytime soon. He, himself, has disassociated himself from being labeled a “Hip-Hop” artist. Look it up. “Wow.” Is going Pop. It’s where it belongs.

He literally got in last year, a few months after the whole interview where he said rap was a joke or something. They don’t care if he’s in Rap.

The difference between Ariana & JT/Xtina is that she has no credibility within the Urban/R&B World. Yes, she’s got a little bit of soul. But for the most part her music is primarily POP.

Xtina/JT have done countless collaborations with Black artists, performed tributes, and recorded albums with R&B leanings. They’ve put in the work. Ariana isn’t there yet. Maybe in a few years she will reinvent herself like Bruno Mars did.

She has done all those things tho.

I still think 7 rings is Pop and RTW Rap/Sung

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s not true ariana is very loved in the urban/rap community many singers made duets with her

JSA
    Participant
    Topics:

Well so Justin and Ed are releasing this friday. It seems like is going to be Ed’s single, since Justin has a proyect for next year.

It has not any numbers (obviusly) but I think that is impossible to debut at one. OTR is very very strong, and has points from 2 versions combined.

daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

With the competition this year, I would love to see Beyoncé’s HOMECOMING getting AOTY. Way above the rest.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Daniel Lopes.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Daniel Lopes.
    cL94
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope J. Cole wins something next year. He’s long overdue a win.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande getting in Rap/Sung performance isn’t out of the question. Last year there was so many contenders in this catagory, yet fucking Xtina got in, so your points are invalid of her not being here.

Anyways who is excited for rap in the next few months. Tyler the Creator is releasing on the 17th. Chance the Rapper is releasing this summer. Hopefully Childish Gambino releases this year. But my favorite rap album of this year currently is Grey Area by Little Simz, hopefully it gets the nomination.

Barnacles Bro

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande getting in Rap/Sung performance isn’t out of the question. Last year there was so many contenders in this catagory, yet fucking Xtina got in, so your points are invalid of her not being here.

Anyways who is excited for rap in the next few months. Tyler the Creator is releasing on the 17th. Chance the Rapper is releasing this summer. Hopefully Childish Gambino releases this year. But my favorite rap album of this year currently is Grey Area by Little Simz, hopefully it gets the nomination.

7 rings is the biggest hit of the year if they submit it it’ll be nominated
    but they can submit rule the world either way she’s getting in rap sung

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ariana wants to play smart she should submit her album to Best Urban Contemporary Album (it’s about as Pop as Unapologetic). if she doesn’t get in Urban Contemporary they’ll likely move her to the Pop field where she’ll be a strong contender as well. It’s a win-win situation for her.

This also opens up the possibility for Imagine being a R&B performance submission and 7 Rings being in Rap/Sung.

If she doesn’t get those urban pickups at least she can still bet on “thank u, next” being in Pop Solo and hopefully Album of the Year.

This is how I’d submit:

Album of the Year – thank u, next
    Record of the Year – thank u, next
    Song of the Year – thank u, next
    Pop Solo – thank u, next
    R&B Performance – imagine, needy
    R&B Song – “needy”
    Rap/Sung Performance – 7 Rings
    Urban Contemporary Album – thank u, next
    Music Video – thank u, next

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar should definitely release something this season. He could easily sweep the rap field again and move closer to being the most awarded rap artist. He’s just two away from tying and one away from surpassing Eminem.

Or they might get Kendrick fatigue and snub him.

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

This is how I’d submit:

Album of the Year – thank u, next
    Record of the Year – thank u, next
    Song of the Year – thank u, next
    Pop Solo – thank u, next
    R&B Performance – imagine, needy
    R&B Song – “needy”
    Rap/Sung Performance – 7 Rings
    Urban Contemporary Album – thank u, next
    Music Video – thank u, next

if she is nominated for all of those which is very possible she’ll break the record of most nominations for an artist in year

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 922 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.