Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 933 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +43 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Oz
  • circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande getting in Rap/Sung performance isn’t out of the question. Last year there was so many contenders in this catagory, yet fucking Xtina got in, so your points are invalid of her not being here.

Anyways who is excited for rap in the next few months. Tyler the Creator is releasing on the 17th. Chance the Rapper is releasing this summer. Hopefully Childish Gambino releases this year. But my favorite rap album of this year currently is Grey Area by Little Simz, hopefully it gets the nomination.

7 Rings is as Pop as you can get. Her team would be foolish to submit that to Rap/Sung. Not only because it’s category fraud but because it won’t be nominated.

Her best bet is to keep TUN as her sole submission. It’s a much better song lyrically and sonically. And was a big hit. Probably bigger than 7R.

Xtina’s RAP/SUNG song featured an Urban artist. 2 Chainz’s song features a POP artist. It’s an obvious distinction.

aQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m guessing Logic and Eminem have just entered the Rap Performance category with their random speed rap competition of a song.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

It sounds like Ed and Justin’s song could be a family-friendly summer bop. I expect it to be a hit from the clip I heard, along the lines of Can’t Stop the Feeling and Happy. Yeah… it’s for Angry Birds 2… but I feel it’ll be forgotten quickly that it was for the movie and continue on through the summer. Grammy’s tend to take a break from artists, like Ed Sheeran, after they had a big success and I feel like they did that with Divide. I think they’ll go back to feeling OK about rewarding him in the General categories and it’s an easy Visual Media / Pop Duo nomination.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t think J. Cole submitted KOD. Maybe I’m wrong. If he submits Middle Child it’s definitely a contender in Rap Song and Performance.

He did submit a few songs/his album.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Elaborating on J. Cole, the Grammys don’t really like him like that BUT they do like to play catch up with certain artists who they have snubbed in the past. Middle Child has more longevity than expected. I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow got a ROTY nomination for that. If he releases an album and has a banner year ala Childish Gambino, they can finally pay attention to him.

KOD got snubbed because of competition. It was released early in the year and was competing with Drake, Kendrick, Cardi, Post Malone, Travis Scott etc. It was not undeniable in terms of reviews so they left it off.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Elaborating on J. Cole, the Grammys don’t really like him like that BUT they do like to play catch up with certain artists who they have snubbed in the past. Middle Child has more longevity than expected. I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow got a ROTY nomination for that. If he releases an album and has a banner year ala Childish Gambino, they can finally pay attention to him.

KOD got snubbed because of competition. It was released early in the year and was competing with Drake, Kendrick, Cardi, Post Malone, Travis Scott etc. It was not undeniable in terms of reviews so they left it off.

You would think he’d squeeze in, though. He has three Top 10 hits on KOD.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

You would think he’d squeeze in, though. He has three Top 10 hits on KOD.

Drake had more and still din’t get in. Middle Child is a lock for Rap Performance. Hopefully he can win.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

7 Rings won’t be nominated with or without 2 Chainz.

If “I Like It” by a major rap artist wasn’t deemed rap enough by the committee, what makes you think 7 Rings will?

I Like It wasn’t considered “not rap”; they just didn’t nominate it. If they thought it was too pop it would have been moved to Pop Duo/Group.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will not be anywhere near the Rap category and that’s that on that

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

7 Rings isnt even rap. Its pop with some trap beats.

cL94
    Participant
    Topics:

Shawn’s new single is predicted to debut within the top 5 (top 3 is possible) so if it has legs like i think it will then i’d count him in for Best Pop Solo Performance.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ariana wants to play smart she should submit her album to Best Urban Contemporary Album (it’s about as Pop as Unapologetic). if she doesn’t get in Urban Contemporary they’ll likely move her to the Pop field where she’ll be a strong contender as well. It’s a win-win situation for her.

This also opens up the possibility for Imagine being a R&B performance submission and 7 Rings being in Rap/Sung.

If she doesn’t get those urban pickups at least she can still bet on “thank u, next” being in Pop Solo and hopefully Album of the Year.

This is how I’d submit:

Album of the Year – thank u, next
    Record of the Year – thank u, next
    Song of the Year – thank u, next
    Pop Solo – thank u, next
    R&B Performance – imagine, needy
    R&B Song – “needy”
    Rap/Sung Performance – 7 Rings
    Urban Contemporary Album – thank u, next
    Music Video – thank u, next

thank u next would fit in Urban Contemporary as much as American Teen did; pop albums with trap beats.

Wouldn’t mind a submission there, but I doubt the R&B voters like her as much as pop voters.

While I do agree on imagine and needy being eligible for R&B, 7 rings should just be submitted for Record.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Sidenote 6lack and Christina Aguilera both got Rap Sung noms for songs that barely charted (or didn’t chart at all). If they like Rule the World they’ll nominate it regardless of its peak.

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, not only is Christina Aguilera a fucking legend, she is highly respected and highly praised by the black community. That’s one of the reasons why she got into the Rap field. The bitch paid her dues. Ariana Grande has NONE of those factors in her favor. You bitches are off your rockers if you think Ariana is getting into Best Rap/Sung Performance. Cased closed!

You know you are respected by the black community when you are white and are chosen to do a Whitney Houston tribute at a major televised award show!!!!!!

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana stans will be disappointed once again come nominations day

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.