Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 933 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +43 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Boz
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

I Like It wasn’t considered “not rap”; they just didn’t nominate it. If they thought it was too pop it would have been moved to Pop Duo/Group.

No. Screening isn’t done by the nomination committee.

While the screening experts might’ve allowed it to compete in rap, the nominations committee might’ve disagreed and simply chose to not nominate.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana stans will be disappointed once again come nominations day

Ariana will get her nominations in the Pop field (Pop Solo/Pop Vocal Album) and possibly a general field nod (she does in fact have better chances this time due to it being a pretty unusual year in music). But nothing other than that.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana will get her nominations in the Pop field (Pop Solo/Pop Vocal Album) and possibly a general field nod (she does in fact have better chances this time due to it being a pretty unusual year in music). But nothing other than that.

Now that’s a reasonable prediction. I’m talking about the other stans who are predicting nominations across several genres lol

D
    Participant
    Topics:

No. Screening isn’t done by the nomination committee.

While the screening experts might’ve allowed it to compete in rap, the nominations committee might’ve disagreed and simply chose to not nominate.

OK, but that’s pure speculation. You don’t know why the committee chose not to nominate it.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, but that’s pure speculation. You don’t know why the committee chose not to nominate it.

I know. It’s not a fact. It’s just my opinion/theory as to why the song of the summer didn’t get in despite being in RoTY and the artist being nominated in the other categories. I do think the song is kinda too pop.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Now that’s a reasonable prediction. I’m talking about the other stans who are predicting nominations across several genres lol

Now i’ve heard the arguments about her in the rap/sung category and all I gotta say about that is 7 Rings has absolutely no shot. However she does have a VERY slim chance of getting in with Rule The World.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

if Ariana does not have another # 1 hit until summer she will not get to AOTY

alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Well so Justin and Ed are releasing this friday. It seems like is going to be Ed’s single, since Justin has a proyect for next year. It has not any numbers (obviusly) but I think that is impossible to debut at one. OTR is very very strong, and has points from 2 versions combined.

There are three versions of Old Town Road charting in the US iTunes Top 20 right now.

Lil Nas X – Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus) [Remix]
    Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus & Diplo – Old Town Road (Diplo Remix)
    Lil Nas X – Old Town Road

They’ve probably finished production on the OTR video by now, but just haven’t needed it yet. This week OTR is due to get it’s 6th week at #1 and if they can hold on against Justin and Ed, they’ll probably get a 7th and 8th week.

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard charts don’t determine whether an artist will get nominated or not. Stop being biased.

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s already had two HUGE #1 singles , plus a top 2 peaking hit. Homegirl’s AOTY nomination is secure.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard charts don’t determine whether an artist will get nominated or not. Stop being biased.

if the album were really good the charts would not make a difference but sales are the only thing she has

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s already had two HUGE #1 singles , plus a top 2 peaking hit. Homegirl’s AOTY nomination is secure.

TUN is not ASIB that will be stable until the next year, if Ariana does not make more hits will be forgotten

aQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

if the album were really good the charts would not make a difference but sales are the only thing she has

Sales AND acclaim.. AND hits AND presence.. She’s headlining like 3 huge festivals this year. It’s not falling off the charts anytime soon. She’s definitely getting a nod.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank U Next should easily get in in this crappy year, unless the voters aren’t really fond of her. This is her biggest album. If Iggy Azalea got in the GF, Ariana probably will as well, unless the year gets super competitive.

But she has little to no chance of winning though in the GF.

JSA
    Participant
    Topics:

There are three versions of Old Town Road charting in the US iTunes Top 20 right now. Lil Nas X – Old Town Road (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus) [Remix] Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus & Diplo – Old Town Road (Diplo Remix) Lil Nas X – Old Town Road They’ve probably finished production on the OTR video by now, but just haven’t needed it yet. This week OTR is due to get it’s 6th week at #1 and if they can hold on against Justin and Ed, they’ll probably get a 7th and 8th week.

That’s what I’m saying. It’s impossible to stop OTR in this moment. Btw I don’t care is just a collab, not a lead single so it doesn’t matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.