Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 933 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +43 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Boz
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

With P!nk probably in, these are the Pop Vocal contenders so far:

LOCKS/NEAR-LOCKS
    1. thank u, next by Ariana Grande
    2. WHEN WE ALL FAL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? by Billie Eilish

SAFE BETS
    3. Hurts 2B Human by P!nk

DARK HORSES
    -MAP OF THE SOUL: Persona by BTS
    -Heard it In A Past Life by Maggie Rogers
    -DNA by Backstreet Boys
    -The Pains of Growing by Alessia Cara
    -Sing to Me Instead by Ben Platt
    -Amidst the Chaos by Sara Bareilles
    -Origins by Imagine Dragons

COULD BE SUBMITTED HERE
    -Free Spirit by Khalid
    -Cuz I Love You by Lizzo
    -HOMECOMING by Beyoncé

FUTURE RELEASES
    -Happiness Begins by Jonas Brothers
    -TBA by Taylor Swift
    -TBA by Justin Bieber

D
    Participant
    Topics:

Backstreet Boys aren’t that crazy of an idea after the surprise Pop Duo/Group nomination this year. Their album has also sold a decent amount.

And isn’t Justin Bieber on a semi-hiatus?

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Backstreet Boys aren’t that crazy of an idea after the surprise Pop Duo/Group nomination this year. Their album has also sold a decent amount. And isn’t Justin Bieber on a semi-hiatus?

Bieber announced a new album during his appearance at Coachella

Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

FUTURE RELEASES
    -Happiness Begins by Jonas Brothers
    -TBA by Taylor Swift
    -TBA by Justin Bieber

You should probably add Madame X to this list. She’s won this category in the past and if the album receives some critical praise, her legacy could carry her to a nomination.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

You should probably add Madame X to this list. She’s won this category in the past and if the album receives some critical praise, her legacy could carry her to a nomination.

Y’all still got hopes?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Biggest Hot 100 hits of 2019 (first quarter 2019):
    1. 7 rings
    2. Without Me
    3. Sunflower
    4. Happier
    5. SICKO MODE
    6. thank u, next
    7. High Hopes
    8. Wow.
    9. Eastside
    10. Shallow

AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all still got hopes?

I’m not necessarily predicting Madonna, but she’s more likely than Ben Platt, BTS, and Maggie Rogers.

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Just heard the “I Don’t Care” song by JB and Ed Sheeran, and yikes….

But it might get in for name recognition…

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not necessarily predicting Madonna, but she’s more likely than Ben Platt, BTS, and Maggie Rogers.

Platt won and performed in the main show a couple of years ago, BTS has been selling very well, and Maggie Rogers is an indie pick with tons of buzz. Madonna’s last nom was in 2009.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

And her last nomination in that specific category was in 2001. Her last three albums and American Life (unless it was entered in Dance/Electronic Album and I’m not aware) were all shut out of Pop Vocal Album. Maggie Rogers is definitely more likely.

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Madonna is a polarizing figure. I personally love her. But there are a lot of people who don’t get why a 60 year old woman continues to shock and awe.

She’s definitely respected as an icon. But for some reason, the Grammys have fallen out of favor with her. It tends to happen a lot with legacy acts (Mariah, Janet, Prince, etc).

If anything, her next win will be a Lifetime Achievement Award. That would be a deserving win! She’s the most influential Pop female in history.

Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

And her last nomination in that specific category was in 2001. Her last three albums and American Life (unless it was entered in Dance/Electronic Album and I’m not aware) were all shut out of Pop Vocal Album. Maggie Rogers is definitely more likely.

Did anyone think her last three albums were worthy of Grammy recognition? I think the Dance category rules were changed a few years ago so she might not qualify for it; but I doubt she would receive much push back if she entered that category. If the album is well-received critically, I think she has a chance at a Pop Album nomination. Not a great chance but still a chance. If she goes Dance, even a mediocre album from her could be nominated.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

pop categories should be dominated by P! nk and Taylor, they will not give two straight victories to Ari

AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

pop categories should be dominated by P! nk and Taylor, they will not give two straight victories to Ari

Why wouldn’t they give her another win when thank u, next is more successful in every regard than the album she already won for? P!nk will likely get her usual nomination but she’s for sure not winning, and we’ve heard a single song off of Taylor’s new album, and it was widely considered a disappointment in terms of quality and doesn’t look to have the chart success of her previous lead singles. I won’t say definitively whether or not Taylor can win until she releases her album, but as of now the only person who could challenge Ari is Billie Eilish if she competes in Pop Vocal Album.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now, Billie is the most likely to win Pop Vocal Album. Ariana is 2nd. I really don’t see it for P!nk especially when she didn’t win last year.

If Taylor’s album is good, she’ll become the natural frontrunner obviously.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.