Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 922 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Boz
  • Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

Using everyone else’s train of thought (I.E. thinking sales / chart performances matter to the Grammys)… looks like Lil Nas X is going to sweep winning the Big 4: Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist and especially Album of the Year, which will be a self-titled EP consisting of all 3 versions of “Old Town Road” (Original, Billy Ray version, Diplo version).

Nope, I don’t see Old Town Road winning in the GF. It will be snubbed.

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Homecoming actually has a chance

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

gaga and mad continue as the only women with best dance album in the century??

Yeah right. Flume and Daft Punk are better than Gaga anyday.

Barnacles Bro

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi just debuted on the Bubbling Under at #8, and considering his album comes out Friday, I expect it to chart properly on the Hot 100. Sounds like the SOTY contender we’ve been missing.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi just debuted on the Bubbling Under at #8, and considering his album comes out Friday, I expect it to chart properly on the Hot 100. Sounds like the SOTY contender we’ve been missing.

Lol great another lofi pop artist.

Barnacles Bro

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Homecoming actually has a chance

Homecoming does not stand a chance in AOTY, probably a nomination at best.

Barnacles Bro

M
    Participant
    Topics:

No the voters were not sleeping on Halsey. She simply didn’t have a good contender since closer.

Bad At Love was so old when it was eligible (I don’t even know how they allowed it to be entered since it was released in July), and it wasn’t nearly as successful as Without Me. So that’s a moot argument.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah right. Flume and Daft Punk are better than Gaga anyday.

Hmmm kisses

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

No the voters were not sleeping on Halsey. She simply didn’t have a good contender since closer.

Bad At Love was so old when it was eligible (I don’t even know how they allowed it to be entered since it was released in July), and it wasn’t nearly as successful as Without Me. So that’s a moot argument.

She was passed over a very weak BNA line-up, as well as ignored despite having a #1 album and top 20 single, in favor of a Coldplay EP and Lana Del Rey. She’s not that liked. Not saying she won’t get in, but Ariana’s definitely more liked by NARAS.

queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you bitches are the reason why I loathe Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga. I’m sick and tired of discussing those hoes.

Girl why you lying. Their fans are not the reason you loathe them. You hate every female that surpassed Xtina…. so like 90% of female artists.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Cher can win a Grammy for best electronic album by Dancing Queen??

Who do we have on the electronic ??

Was it submitted last year?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m seriously considering adding Lil Nas X somewhere in my predictions, I feel like that song is too big to ignore. At least a BNA or Rap Sung (Pop Duo) nom as a consolation prize.

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Homecoming does not stand a chance in AOTY, probably a nomination at best.

I was talking about nomination.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

She was passed over a very weak BNA line-up, as well as ignored despite having a #1 album and top 20 single, in favor of a Coldplay EP and Lana Del Rey. She’s not that liked. Not saying she won’t get in, but Ariana’s definitely more liked by NARAS.

There are dozens of #1 albums every year. Not all of them get nominated. TOP20 is nothing exceptional either. So she was absolutely not snubbed or looked over.

Even Lana Del Rey’s album was more memorable.

Long story short, she simply didn’t deserve a nomination in those years outside of Closer. Now she does. Just like a #1 song propelled Ariana to win a grammy for the first time. The same could happen for Halsey. Without Me is definitely her most grammy-worthy work. So the fact that she didn’t win before doesn’t have bear any weight. Also Gaga and Ariana wins last year prove that voting comes down to a namecheck. Because Gaga was having a great year they voted for Joanne anyway. Because Ariana was having the #1 song at the time, they voted for her over TS. So we’ll see how things are looking later this year. If Halsey is more prominent, she could easily win that.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m seriously considering adding Lil Nas X somewhere in my predictions, I feel like that song is too big to ignore. At least a BNA or Rap Sung (Pop Duo) nom as a consolation prize.

He needs a second hit to be in the BNA conversation. One-hit wonders almost always get shut out nowadays.

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 922 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.