Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 980 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +38 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Os
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

She was passed over a very weak BNA line-up, as well as ignored despite having a #1 album and top 20 single, in favor of a Coldplay EP and Lana Del Rey. She’s not that liked. Not saying she won’t get in, but Ariana’s definitely more liked by NARAS.

There are dozens of #1 albums every year. Not all of them get nominated. TOP20 is nothing exceptional either. So she was absolutely not snubbed or looked over.

Even Lana Del Rey’s album was more memorable.

Long story short, she simply didn’t deserve a nomination in those years outside of Closer. Now she does. Just like a #1 song propelled Ariana to win a grammy for the first time. The same could happen for Halsey. Without Me is definitely her most grammy-worthy work. So the fact that she didn’t win before doesn’t have bear any weight. Also Gaga and Ariana wins last year prove that voting comes down to a namecheck. Because Gaga was having a great year they voted for Joanne anyway. Because Ariana was having the #1 song at the time, they voted for her over TS. So we’ll see how things are looking later this year. If Halsey is more prominent, she could easily win that.

Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I’ll take Beyonce winning AOTY over the other crap this year.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m seriously considering adding Lil Nas X somewhere in my predictions, I feel like that song is too big to ignore. At least a BNA or Rap Sung (Pop Duo) nom as a consolation prize.

He needs a second hit to be in the BNA conversation. One-hit wonders almost always get shut out nowadays.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I’ll take Beyonce winning AOTY over the other crap this year.

The committee knows Beyoncé won’t win, won’t attend and it won’t nominate her.

They are done giving her nominations just because she’s Beyoncé and watching her lose. She’ll get her next AoTY with an album as good as self-titled or Lemonade with a strong chance of winning, not a live album.

Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Wrong!   This year is so awful that Beyoncé is an easy name-check.  This is the perfect time to give her a make-up award.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re not going to do it, though. Y’all didn’t learn anything from Everything Is Love last year. They don’t nominate Beyoncé at every opportunity, and the committee has never put a live album in AOTY.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Wrong! This year is so awful that Beyoncé is an easy name-check. This is the perfect time to give her a make-up award.

The Grammy’s have shown time and again that they’re not in the business of make-up awards…

Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Beck just won a make-up AOTY award a few years ago.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Beck just won a make-up AOTY award a few years ago.

Or maybe the voters simply liked his self-written and self-produced album?

I can’t remember a year where I was thinking Beck should’ve won AoTY. So no, it’s not a make-up award.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

There are dozens of #1 albums every year. Not all of them get nominated. TOP20 is nothing exceptional either. So she was absolutely not snubbed or looked over.

Even Lana Del Rey’s album was more memorable.

Long story short, she simply didn’t deserve a nomination in those years outside of Closer. Now she does. Just like a #1 song propelled Ariana to win a grammy for the first time. The same could happen for Halsey. Without Me is definitely her most grammy-worthy work. So the fact that she didn’t win before doesn’t have bear any weight. Also Gaga and Ariana wins last year prove that voting comes down to a namecheck. Because Gaga was having a great year they voted for Joanne anyway. Because Ariana was having the #1 song at the time, they voted for her over TS. So we’ll see how things are looking later this year. If Halsey is more prominent, she could easily win that.

Like you said, her third album is likely coming out before the deadline. Halsey and her work will be fresher in Grammy voters’ minds as a result. It also wouldn’t hurt if Nighmare becomes another big hit for her.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY: Father Of The Bride VS A Star Is Born. Can we say that this will be the duel?

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Gaga is smart, she should release her new album in September-November when the vote is taking place.

That way, not only she’ll let ASIB try its own AOTY run, but she’ll be even fresher in the voters in mind if her new album is as good. And she could overperform again like last year.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

If Gaga is smart, she should release her new album in September-November when the vote is taking place. That way, not only she’ll let ASIB try its own AOTY run, but she’ll be even fresher in the voters in mind if her new album is as good. And she could overperform again like last year.

with a good album on charts and criticizes it may even compete again in 2021 with the ‘LG6’

she was already named 3 years in a row in AOTY so that would not be a problem for the committee

queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re not going to do it, though. Y’all didn’t learn anything from Everything Is Love last year. They don’t nominate Beyoncé at every opportunity, and the committee has never put a live album in AOTY.

The committee also never had a live album like this. 90% of live albums are side projects for fans that probably don’t even get submitted. Plus in the past there were 5 nominees.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

The committee also never had a live album like this. 90% of live albums are side projects for fans that probably don’t even get submitted. Plus in the past there were 5 nominees.

Yeah but wasn’t the committee created as a response to a live album winning album of the year?

What they’re trying to prevent is name checks. They want the album of the year to be an album (new material) that defines the year, not old songs sung live.

As much as I like Beyoncé, I really don’t see it happenening. It’s much less likely than Everything Is Love. And it isn’t fair to Beyoncé either, to nominate her and invite when she’s going to lose yet again. It’s better that she competes in AoTY again with an album that can win.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 980 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.