Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 980 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
20 hours ago
( +38 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Os
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY: Father Of The Bride VS A Star Is Born. Can we say that this will be the duel?

For the last slot in the category?

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah but wasn’t the committee created as a response to a live album winning album of the year?

Probably moreso Tony Bennett specifically winning when hip-hop, R&B, and alt-rock were more culturally dominant than the fact that it was a live record.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably moreso Tony Bennett specifically winning when hip-hop, R&B, and alt-rock were more culturally dominant than the fact that it was a live record.

That, but I think a MTV Unplugged Live album winning two out of three years definitely played a major part at the time. The nominees at the time was definitely not a representation of what was popular or most critically acclaimed at the time either. I think Beyoncé winning for a live album would be just as much of a cop out as giving Kendrick Lamar AOTY for a soundtrack album. However, Beyoncé is way more culturally relevant now than Tony Bennett was in 1994.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Americana Honors & Awards nominations:

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    To the Sunset, Amanda Shires, Produced by Dave Cobb
    The Tree, Lori McKenna, Produced by Dave Cobb
    The Tree of Forgiveness, John Prine, Produced by Dave Cobb
    Walk Through Fire, Yola, Produced by Dan Auerbach

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
    Brandi Carlile
    Rhiannon Giddens
    Kacey Musgraves
    Mavis Staples

DUO/GROUP OF THE YEAR
    I’m With Her
    Our Native Daughters
    Tedeschi Trucks Band
    The War and Treaty

EMERGING ACT OF THE YEAR
    Jade Bird
    J.S. Ondara
    Erin Rae
    The War and Treaty
    Yola

INSTRUMENTALIST OF THE YEAR
    Chris Eldridge
    Eamon McLoughlin
    Chris Powell
    Michael Rinne

SONG OF THE YEAR
    “By Degrees,” Mark Erelli, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Lori McKenna, Anais Mitchell & Josh Ritter, Written by Mark Erelli
    “Mockingbird,” Ruston Kelly, Written by Ruston Kelly
    “People Get Old,” Lori McKenna, Written by Lori McKenna
    “Summer’s End,” John Prine, Written by Pat McLaughlin and John Prine

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

If only Truth Hurts by Lizzo was eligible because it is on its way to big time summer hit.

As for Old Time Road… it has now blocked Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber/Ed Sheeran and Shawn Mendes from hitting number one. It has the kind of buzz of a Despacito. It will likely get nominations within categories like ROTY or Rap/Sung, but probably will have the buzz die off by February too much to actually win, but it’s hard to ignore what a massive hit it is. AND… dare I say, it’s not actually horrible for a viral hit.

ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love to see Carly Rae climb up as a critical darling and get some Grammy love. She VERY likely won’t as there’s no committee for pop and I don’t see her touching the general field, but one can dream.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love to see Carly Rae climb up as a critical darling and get some Grammy love. She VERY likely won’t as there’s no committee for pop and I don’t see her touching the general field, but one can dream.

they are more concerned not to allow more cases like Queen.  E•MO•TION drew his esteem from One hit wonder.

The new album will permanently place her as a pop singer wanted by critics, maybe her high notes might give her a pop album nomination

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

If only Truth Hurts by Lizzo was eligible because it is on its way to big time summer hit.

It actually might be eligible as a track from her album, as long as they didn’t enter the song two years ago.

DuBoisBlanche
    Participant
    Topics:

For the last slot in the category?

Dumbass, stop being a hater.You look like a fucking loser!
    ———-
    If Beyonce couldn´t happen with a duet album with Jay-Z what the hell makes y´all think she´ll get in with a live album that was hyped only the first week?.

MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

As for Old Time Road… it has now blocked Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber/Ed Sheeran and Shawn Mendes from hitting number one. It has the kind of buzz of a Despacito. It will likely get nominations within categories like ROTY or Rap/Sung, but probably will have the buzz die off by February too much to actually win, but it’s hard to ignore what a massive hit it is. AND… dare I say, it’s not actually horrible for a viral hit.

Old Town Road won’t win any Grammys this January. Period.

MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

For now, who is the frontrunner for Best Pop Duo and Best Pop Solo?

Os
    Participant
    Topics:

For now, who is the frontrunner for Best Pop Duo and Best Pop Solo?

Sucker and Thank U Next/Without Me

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Dumbass, stop being a hater.You look like a fucking loser!
    ———-
    If Beyonce couldn´t happen with a duet album with Jay-Z what the hell makes y´all think she´ll get in with a live album that was hyped only the first week?.

Bitch you pressed for what? Over the inevitable of Gaga not winning AOTY for this? Shut the entire fuck up and play your role by disappearing with the rest of the Little Monstrosities.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Bitch you pressed for what? Over the inevitable of Gaga not winning AOTY for this? Shut the entire fuck up and play your role by disappearing with the rest of the Little Monstrosities.

Do everyone a favor and take a break from these forums. It’s obviously taking a toll on your mental health.

LeQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m actually quite happy that Old Town Road is blocking some of these songs.
    Let the (probably eventual) one hit wonder thrive with his above average song and let the “real” popstars work harder to give us good quality music.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 980 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.