Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 933 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +43 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Boz
  • OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Dedicated can be nominated for the best pop album ?!

I just heard the leak, I honestly don’t see Why not.. with this weak year especially, EMOTION was shamefully snubbed, so they need it make it up

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

D
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not popular enough. It won’t happen. They’ve been shutting out successful and/or acclaimed albums by previous major-category Grammy winners like Lorde and Sam Smith the last few years, no way an album by a niche artist is getting in.

queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do people keep predicting “Sucker” in the GF? Are they not Maroon 5 meets One Direction?

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The doubts for Old Town Road are legitimate. I wouldn’t have it in ROTY just yet but I feel like even though it’s a meme song, Lil Nas has a bit of a narrative of the country charts mistreating him so he had a rooting factor with the song to rise. Getting a ROTY nom isn’t really that far fetched.

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith needs to release a new album before August 31st. He can easily get nominations.

Its apparently dropping this year, The big question is.. When?

I will always love you

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not popular enough. It won’t happen. They’ve been shutting out successful and/or acclaimed albums by previous major-category Grammy winners like Lorde and Sam Smith the last few years, no way an album by a niche artist is getting in.

Hold Up, If I remember correctly Carly has been nominated 2 times one of them being song of the year, sure it back in 2013 but her being nominated for something wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility, especially her being a critical darling and this being very weak year in music..

I will always love you

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do people keep predicting “Sucker” in the GF? Are they not Maroon 5 meets One Direction?

It’s safe and generic pop music, and one of the few “Grammy-friendly” songs that is an actual hit with momentum.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Carly Rae is not getting a nom, and I don’t see DWAS being a threat anywhere but in Pop Duo. I could see a ROTY nom at best.

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Carly Rae is not getting a nom, and I don’t see DWAS being a threat anywhere but in Pop Duo. I could see a ROTY nom at best.

SOTY does seems like a reach but a ROTY does  sound plausible, even Billboard list the track as possible contender for it, as for Carly.. I’m not saying she will but I wouldn’t be surprised if she snatched a nod in the pop category

I will always love you

6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey’s new video for “Nightmare” is amazing and definitely the best video of the year so far.
    I hope it can earn her a Best Music Video nomination. It has a feminist narrative going for it.

MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road” is now a safe bet for 2 Grammy nominations:

Record of the Year

Pop Duo/Group or Collaboration

If his label chooses to submit the song to the Rap Field it stands a chance of being nominated for Rap/Sung Collaboration and Rap Song, however, the judging panel in Rap might not go for it, where as the song would easily get nominated in Pop due to that category being based on a popular vote.

The song itself might score a Best Remixed Recording nomination as well (which would only go to Diplo).

Lil Nas X could get in Best New Artist … depending on the release of his debut album. With the exception of Julia Michaels, the Grammys don’t like to nominate artists without an album.

As of now, I don’t see Old Town Road winning in ROTY. The Grammys committee will completely ignore it. They will only nominate songs with chart success like God’s Plan and Despacito. Also, I heard that Taylor Swift is almost done filming for her next music video that could be for her upcoming 2nd single which could be released by next month.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Just listen to Tyler the Creator’s IGOR. Honestly it’s the front runner for Rap Album at the moment.

Barnacles Bro

liveinfinity
    Participant
    Topics:

Halseys new single video for Nightmare is amazing

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

FKA Twigs and Halsey should have Best Music Video noms tbh

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Babygirl.
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I just listened to IGOR, and it’s amazing. I don’t know if it’ll win Rap Album, but it definitely deserves to be nominated at the very least. I also saw Halsey’s music video for Nightmare. I think most will agree in time that it’s one of the best videos of the year thus far.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 933 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.