Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 976 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Oz
  • Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Carly Rae is not getting a nom, and I don’t see DWAS being a threat anywhere but in Pop Duo. I could see a ROTY nom at best.

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Carly Rae is not getting a nom, and I don’t see DWAS being a threat anywhere but in Pop Duo. I could see a ROTY nom at best.

SOTY does seems like a reach but a ROTY does  sound plausible, even Billboard list the track as possible contender for it, as for Carly.. I’m not saying she will but I wouldn’t be surprised if she snatched a nod in the pop category

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  OneAndOnly.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey’s new video for “Nightmare” is amazing and definitely the best video of the year so far.
    I hope it can earn her a Best Music Video nomination. It has a feminist narrative going for it.

MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road” is now a safe bet for 2 Grammy nominations:

Record of the Year

Pop Duo/Group or Collaboration

If his label chooses to submit the song to the Rap Field it stands a chance of being nominated for Rap/Sung Collaboration and Rap Song, however, the judging panel in Rap might not go for it, where as the song would easily get nominated in Pop due to that category being based on a popular vote.

The song itself might score a Best Remixed Recording nomination as well (which would only go to Diplo).

Lil Nas X could get in Best New Artist … depending on the release of his debut album. With the exception of Julia Michaels, the Grammys don’t like to nominate artists without an album.

As of now, I don’t see Old Town Road winning in ROTY. The Grammys committee will completely ignore it. They will only nominate songs with chart success like God’s Plan and Despacito. Also, I heard that Taylor Swift is almost done filming for her next music video that could be for her upcoming 2nd single which could be released by next month.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Just listen to Tyler the Creator’s IGOR. Honestly it’s the front runner for Rap Album at the moment.

Barnacles Bro

liveinfinity
    Participant
    Topics:

Halseys new single video for Nightmare is amazing

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

FKA Twigs and Halsey should have Best Music Video noms tbh

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Babygirl.
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I just listened to IGOR, and it’s amazing. I don’t know if it’ll win Rap Album, but it definitely deserves to be nominated at the very least. I also saw Halsey’s music video for Nightmare. I think most will agree in time that it’s one of the best videos of the year thus far.

Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey Sam Smith times up! If he couldn’t get no nominations for his last album, why would he get multiple yet alone in the general field. The songs chart position is on decline, we don’t need him this year.

Barnacles Bro

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Halsey’s new album is as good as those two songs, she’ll have Best Pop Album in the bag and Best Pop Solo for Without Me as well.

She definitely has the advantage of being fresher in the voters mind if she releases it later this year.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Really great music video from Halsey. As of right now, I could see her in SOTY & Pop Solo (Without Me), Rock Song (Nightmare), and BMV.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

SoTY is more difficult for Halsey than RoTY. RoTY is a safe bet. SoTY she sampled cry me a river, but I think they may ignore it too.

Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like The Jonas Brothers have had a successful comeback and that there is goodwill for them in the industry. I would not even be mentioning them in terms of the GF if I could realistically think of 5 more likely contenders. I’m not buying that Halsey will be anywhere besides Pop Solo, and even then… I like “Dancing with A Stranger,” but that song isn’t big enough at the moment.

I’m hoping one of Lizzo’s songs blows up this summer. Otherwise, summer releases from Childish Gambino, Chance the Rapper, Cardi B, Drake and/or Rihanna could easily get in.

Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if the lion king single is going to be Beyoncé X Childish Gambino .

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay with that music video, Old Town Road officially became a RoTY contender.

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.