Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 976 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Oz
  • LeQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

Have you thought maybe people could be making better albums ?

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Have you thought maybe people could be making better albums ?

Is that what I’m saying though? Maybe read the context.

What I’m saying is that too many albums released this eligibility year have +80 score that CRJ’s album is not going to matter anyway, unless it has something else going for it.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think there will be a rock act in AOTY like Vampire Weekend or The 1975? The last 2 years a lot of us picked these type of critically acclaimed rock acts ( Jack White, LCD Soundsystem, etc) and we were wrong. Will they shut out rock 3 yeras in a row?

I think “Old Town Road” is a pretty safe bet in ROTY. It feels like this year’s “Despacito”. It does have a narrative and some cultural relevance which is what the BRP likes. I agree with Power that it may be it’s only nomination.

I know it’s hard to come up with 8 nominees but I still don’t see “Sucker” in the GF. If Maroon 5 couldn’t get in, I don’t see why the Jonas Brothers would. One could argue they are worst considering they have the “boy band” label.

So far I have Ariana Grande, Billie Eillish, Lizzo, and 21 Savage in AOTY. The first 2 are near locks imo. Still need 4 more picks. I’m thinking about including Khalid as well.

Is BTS a longshot in AOTY? They introduced themselves at the Grammys last year, have been at a few other award shows, opened at #1 and are huge internationally. Their music has decent reviews. It’s only an EP though but seems like something the BRP could go for in a filler slot.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

in the e•mo•tion she had the image of one of One hit wonder. with Dedicated she consolidates as a niche pop singer who has 2 of the best pop albums of the century

Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Carly Rae Jepsen will NOT receive any nominations.  She would need another “Call Me Maybe”-sized hit to be in contention.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Tempted to add Boy With Luv to my Pop Duo/Group Performance lineup.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Tempted to add Boy With Luv to my Pop Duo/Group Performance lineup.

I can see that. If the Recording Academy wants to get higher ratings, having arguably the most popular band in the world right now in BTS could help immensely.

Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think there will be a rock act in AOTY like Vampire Weekend or The 1975? The last 2 years a lot of us picked these type of critically acclaimed rock acts ( Jack White, LCD Soundsystem, etc) and we were wrong. Will they shut out rock 3 yeras in a row? I think “Old Town Road” is a pretty safe bet in ROTY. It feels like this year’s “Despacito”. It does have a narrative and some cultural relevance which is what the BRP likes. I agree with Power that it may be it’s only nomination. I know it’s hard to come up with 8 nominees but I still don’t see “Sucker” in the GF. If Maroon 5 couldn’t get in, I don’t see why the Jonas Brothers would. One could argue they are worst considering they have the “boy band” label. So far I have Ariana Grande, Billie Eillish, Lizzo, and 21 Savage in AOTY. The first 2 are near locks imo. Still need 4 more picks. I’m thinking about including Khalid as well. Is BTS a longshot in AOTY? They introduced themselves at the Grammys last year, have been at a few other award shows, opened at #1 and are huge internationally. Their music has decent reviews. It’s only an EP though but seems like something the BRP could go for in a filler slot.

BTS is definitely not getting an AOTY nomination, their album is not that good. At best, they could have a Best Pop Duo nomination for Boy With Luv but they wouldn’t obviously win it

On the other hand, who do you think are going to be nominated for Best Rap Album? I personally think Tyler the Creator and 21 Savage are near locks

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Homecoming or A Star is Born from Album Of The Year???

Hopefully neither.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think there will be a rock act in AOTY like Vampire Weekend or The 1975? The last 2 years a lot of us picked these type of critically acclaimed rock acts ( Jack White, LCD Soundsystem, etc) and we were wrong. Will they shut out rock 3 yeras in a row? I think “Old Town Road” is a pretty safe bet in ROTY. It feels like this year’s “Despacito”. It does have a narrative and some cultural relevance which is what the BRP likes. I agree with Power that it may be it’s only nomination. I know it’s hard to come up with 8 nominees but I still don’t see “Sucker” in the GF. If Maroon 5 couldn’t get in, I don’t see why the Jonas Brothers would. One could argue they are worst considering they have the “boy band” label. So far I have Ariana Grande, Billie Eillish, Lizzo, and 21 Savage in AOTY. The first 2 are near locks imo. Still need 4 more picks. I’m thinking about including Khalid as well. Is BTS a longshot in AOTY? They introduced themselves at the Grammys last year, have been at a few other award shows, opened at #1 and are huge internationally. Their music has decent reviews. It’s only an EP though but seems like something the BRP could go for in a filler slot.

you can explain to me why the most successful, acclaimed and award-winning deadline album is not among your bets. you greatly underestimate Lady Gaga. 🙄

6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

BTS is never getting a Grammy nomination in the pop field. End of story.

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully neither.

I hope so too A star is born is forgotten and homecoming flopped (live album anyway) if a main pop girl is winning Album of the year this year it’s Ariana

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana is not winning AOTY

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe the grammys get it wrong sometimes, but still the winners have quality.Ariana´s latest album doesn´t have that, she´s NOT winning.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe the grammys get it wrong sometimes, but still the winners have quality.Ariana´s latest album doesn´t have that, she´s NOT winning.

Quality is not the problem. She’s simply not your typical AOTY winner.

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.