Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 922 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
dOminiK13_
M
Boz
  • queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Still not predicting it.

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. But I’m just pointing out why she would be an exception. It isn’t your average live album.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The same can be said for another fanbase who hasn’t learned a thing from last year.

The Gaga fans who thought the strength of the ASIB would carry her to a sweep when the film itself had been proven to be an afterthought when it came to winning top awards? Or Hive thinking EIL was actually a frontrunner for top awards? Or both?

And I also don’t see how This Land would be a lock when nothing that is indie is a lock at the moment. Even Dirty Computer, with almost everyone predicting that to be a dark horse player, only churned out two nominations.

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

The Gaga fans who thought the strength of the ASIB would carry her to a sweep when the film itself had been proven to be an afterthought when it came to winning top awards? Or Hive thinking EIL was actually a frontrunner for top awards? Or both?

gaga fans and beyhive are still delusional

gaga fans think she can album of the year over thank u next and beyonce fans think she can beat ariana with a live album

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

gaga fans and beyhive are still delusional gaga fans think she can album of the year over thank u next and beyonce fans think she can beat ariana with a live album

Ignore time.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

gaga fans and beyhive are still delusional

gaga fans think she can album of the year over thank u next and beyonce fans think she can beat ariana with a live album

Please stop

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao I thought Arianator and the Arianswifzer or however the name is said we’re the same account😂 I didn’t realize until today that they were different!!

Maya Strauss
    Participant
    Topics:

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. But I’m just pointing out why she would be an exception. It isn’t your average live album.

IT IS. No new original songs at all. They already heard and awarded most of the songs on that album, everybody could record their songs on tour and release it in a Live album. They awarded her for those songs already so…

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga, Beyoncé, Billie & Ariana stans arguing over who’ll win AOTY when in reality none of them are gonna win it.

Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga, Beyoncé, Billie & Ariana stans arguing over who’ll win AOTY when in reality none of them are gonna win it.

ariana can this year rihanna can only dream

Maya Strauss
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila Cabello is releasing another album that will be a big contender in Pop categories (after last year’s huge snub with a smash hit Havana)

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Me! broke Vevo record and was streamed over 10M times on its first day. Its first week sales will be huge too.

It’s almost guaranteed to debut at #1. Personal opinions aside, one thing’s for sure, the song is much more likely to be in the GF than Look What You Made Me Do and Delicate. It sounds more similar to 1989 stuff, which the Grammy’s liked.

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

ariana can this year rihanna can only dream

Rihanna has a longer history with the Grammys than Ariana. In fact, she got more nominations on a single night in 2017 than Ariana has at all, and has multiple General Field nominations to her name. Not to mention 9 wins. I do think Ariana will have a banner year and could stand a chance to pick up some pop awards, but there’s really no need to bring a misguided Rihanna comparison into this. It makes you seem less credible.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Skies.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Skies.
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

the song is much more likely to be in the GF than Look What You Made Me Do and Delicate. It sounds more similar to 1989 stuff, which the Grammy’s liked.

Maybe more than LWWYMD, which I don’t think had any real chances (MV and Pop Solo were more suprising, especially the former). But if Delicate couldn’t get nominated at all I’m skeptical this will. It’s might be true that this more similar 1989 sonically and aesthetically, but it simply isn’t executed all that well. I’d say that overall Delicate is closer to 1989 in that it had a mature pop sound and smart but personal lyrics.

It’s also simply too soon to tell.

I’m probably going to keep saying this for the next few weeks, but the second the hype for this single dies down I hope she releases the (hopefully better) second one. We saw with LWYMMD that the lead greatly determines the narrative surrounding an album (since Look wasn’t good it made reputation look worse than it was).

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Delicate was not a hit. It peaked at #13. And I found that song very annoying. It’s very bland and monotonous. The entire chorus is sung on the same note.

Also Shake It Off received similar reviews to Me! The critics have never been fond of Taylor Swift anyway. I don’t think what they write about her matters to be honest.

I didn’t like Shake It Off either, but if it managed to get both RoTY and SoTY nods in a much more competitive year, I don’t see how Me! can’t in a much less competitive 8 nominee lineup, provided that the song is a hit.

6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila Cabello is releasing another album that will be a big contender in Pop categories (after last year’s huge snub with a smash hit Havana)

Camila is not happening anywhere. She has majorly lost her hype (every song since Never Be The Same has bombed) and she will forever be known as the Havana girl, even if she has other hits.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 922 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.