Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 899 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Boz
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Happier” is not eligible; it was entered last year. And Benny Blanco is almost certainly ineligible for Best New Artist as a previous 8x nominee.

Also, “Party Rock Anthem” was never nominated. “Sexy and I Know It” was nominated the following year, but not in the general field.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally, “Dancing With A Stranger” has a better chance getting into ROTY than SOTY but to be honest and seeing it the GF categories wouldn’t surprise me

Top Ten (could likely finish at the top 5)

#1 in Overall, HAC and Pop

Eligible for Platinum

4th biggest selling single of 2019 (Pure)

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

As of now, I can see Billie Eilish winning Best Music Video and Best New Artist. She could also win Best Pop Vocal Album and AOTY.

Ariana is winning Best pop vocal album I bet voters will fall asleep when they listen to WWFAWDWG

Ariana’s win last year strengthens her chances for a repeat this year since she has less competition than last year

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Arianator.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Arianator.
    ReplyCopy URL
    queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my early predictions: Let me know if anything I choose is not eligible. ROTY: Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande Without Me- Halsey Sucker- Jonas Brothers Old Town Road- Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus Happier- Marshmello & Bastille Sunflower- Post Malone & Swae Lee If I Can’t Have You- Shawn Mendes ME!- Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie SOTY: Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande Without Me- Halsey Middle Child- J. Cole Sucker- Jonas Brothers Happier- Marshmello & Bastille Dancing With A Stranger- Sam Smith & Normani If I Can’t Have You- Shawn Mendes ME!- Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie BNA: Alec Benjamin Ava Max Bazzi Benny Blanco Billie Eilish Dean Lewis Lil Nas X Lizzo AOTY: (I don’t really know this year…) A Star Is Born- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go- Billie Eilish Hurts 2B Human- Pink Pop Solo Performance: Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande Bad Guy- Billie Eilish Without Me- Halsey Wow- Post Malone If I Can’t Have You- Shawn Mendes Pop Duo/Group Performance: Sucker- Jonas Brothers Old Town Road- Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus Happier- Marshmello & Bastille Sunflower- Post Malone & Swae Lee Dancing With A Stranger- Sam Smith & Normani ME!- Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie I am honestly not too content with these predictions. I feel like we have not got a lot of Grammy worthy music this year. I was very torn about Old Town Road…it is a huge smash hit so I would think it would be nominated just like God’s Plan, Despacito, Blurred Lines, and Party Rock Anthem, but I just don’t know. I will also be interesting to see how Grammy voters handle Taylor Swift this year, as well as the Jonas Brothers. Chances are we are getting more Ed Sheeran and new Rihanna and Camila Cabello this year so that could shake things up as well. What do you guys think?

You’re gonna have like a 20% success rate lmao. Taylor, Shawn and Jonas Bros are going nowhere near the GF

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Shawn Mendes could get into SOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Shawn Mendes could get into SOTY

Not with that crappy song

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If I Can’t Have You is too generic to get in the GF. In My Blood was a decent song at least.

ReplyCopy URL
    cheyenne lee
    Participant
    Topics:

Out of curiosity, how many veteran artists/legends apart from Mariah have released/ are releasing an album within the submissions deadline? I know they usually reserve a spot in AOTY nominations for such artists!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  cheyenne lee.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  cheyenne lee.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Not with that crappy song

I think the song’s decent, but it’s not a slam dunk for the GF or anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t rule out Shawn after his two surprise nominations last December. However his new single doesn’t sound anywhere near as mature as ‘In My Blood’. It also doesn’t seem like it’s going to have any longevity.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Madonna’s “crave” is actually a decent song. If she’s submitting anything this year, she should submit that one rather than the lead single or whatever that trash song she performed on Eurovision.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Since Tyler the Creator’s EARFQUAKE is projected to debut in the top ten on the Hot 100, I think it’s a high possibility that the song is nominated for Best Rap Song. It’s wild because I never thought that Tyler would have as big of a pop hit as this, but here we are.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

Madonna’s “crave” is actually a decent song. If she’s submitting anything this year, she should submit that one rather than the lead single or whatever that trash song she performed on Eurovision.

Journalists, critics and connected mega fans were all invited to Madame X listening sessions earlier this week. Reviews are embargoed until sometime in early June but the social media consensus is that the Mirwais tracks on the album are far superior to anything released thus far. Of course, it’s unknown if any of them will be released and will obtain enough awareness to be nominated in the General or Pop fields. Then again, the reactions of super fans need to be tempered until the official reviews are released in a few weeks. Still, if reviews align with the reactions from those fans, the album will certainly be a contender for a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler the Creator’s album defies the Rap genre IMO. Sonically, it’s all over the place. There is a lot more singing than rapping. It would be interesting if he submits to Urban Contemporary.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyler the Creator’s album defies the Rap genre IMO. Sonically, it’s all over the place. There is a lot more singing than rapping. It would be interesting if he submits to Urban Contemporary.

That’s an interesting thought. On IGOR, Tyler is mainly rapping through sounds instead of words.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 899 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.