Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 959 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
M
Oz
  • Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Billie is being severely overestimated here. I can see her with 5 noms max (AOTY, Pop Vocal, Pop Solo, ROTY and BMV). Bad Guy is not a SOTY type of song.

I feel like Lizzo or Gaga might surprise and take the lead noms. Lizzo might easily get 6 noms if her teams keeps it up (AOTY, ROTY and SOTY Truth Hurts, Urban Contemporary, Rap Sung Performance, and Rap Song). Gaga might surprise with 6 (Pop Solo, AOTY, Pop Duo/Group, Song for Visual Media – where she could get 2 noms, Compilation Soundtrack), and that’s ignoring any country submission. Other than that, Ariana could get 6 (ROTY, SOTY, AOTY, Pop Solo and Pop Vocal, Rap Sung for RTW).

The males are weak this year. JoBros might get the most (?) with 4 (Song, Record, Pop Duo, Pop Vocal), or maybe Mendes or Sheeran if they like them enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a strange feeling that AOTY votes are gonna conflict over Thank U Next and Billie Ellish’s albums (in the case that they are nominated), paving the way for someone like Vampire Weekend to win (with the support of the Indie / Rock voters)

If it gets nominated. But rock has been shut out three years in a row.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Joanne” winning Pop Solo was a random win. The reason it won was because Gaga was riding the ASIB wave and the category was all over the place. Otherwise, it was a pretty atypical win. NOBODY predicted it. M was the only one who suggested it, and I felt that was because he is continuously on the Gaga wave.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see Billie Eilish getting 7 nominations. She’s already secured ROTY, AOTY, SOTY, & BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Billie Eillish audience will have that much effect. Ariana’s fanbase is young teenage girls and so was Taylor Swift in the beginning. She’s not a kiddie act like One Direction or early Justin Bieber.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

“Joanne” winning Pop Solo was a random win. The reason it won was because Gaga was riding the ASIB wave and the category was all over the place. Otherwise, it was a pretty atypical win. NOBODY predicted it. M was the only one who suggested it, and I felt that was because he is continuously on the Gaga wave.

if Joanne got votes to be nominated, it would not be a big surprise if she did.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now, I see Billie Eillish leading the pack with 7 nominations:

AoTY – When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go
    SoTY – Bad Guy
    RoTY – Bad Guy
    BNA
    Best Pop Album – When We Fall Asleep Where Do We Go
    Best Pop Solo Performance – Bad Guy
    Best Music Video – Bad Guy

She will easily win Best Music Video if she submits bury a friend, and Best Pop Album and Best New Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

if Joanne got votes to be nominated, it would not be a big surprise if she did.

Yeah, it’s easy to say that in hindsight, but no one predicted it to win. And based on past trends, it had things going against it.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are really out here trynna come up with weak-ass arguments so that Billie or Ariana can’t win. It’s as pathetic as the stans last year who swore that they were going to award P!nk or Kelly. Pop Vocal is, and probably will be, between Billie Eilish and Ariana Grande.

Mark my words.

Billie Eilish is winning in Best Pop Album. Ariana won’t win again. Chart success doesn’t equal to good music.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s also an argument that Ariana Grande might be the biggest snub in the 62nd Grammys because the Grammys had big disrespect over her during the 61st Grammys for not letting her perform 7 rings. I mark my words. 7 rings is not going to be nominated in the GF if submitted because this song had lot of plagiarism accusations for copying Soulja Boy, Princess Nokia, seven Chainz. 7 rings looks worse like Look What You Made Me Do. So, Billie Eilish should be a Grammy darling in the 62nd Grammys this January 2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana isn’t going to submit 7 Rings anywhere anyways. 7 Rings is just going to help her secure the AOTY nomination since it’s one of the biggest hits of the year.

She’ll get 4 or 5 nods this year.

AOTY
    SOTY/ROTY – thank u, next
    Pop Solo
    Pop Album

At this point I don’t see her winning anything other than Pop Solo. I feel as though Billie might beat her in Pop Album or someone else that is seen as “overdue”. Maybe P!nk?

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

M was the only one who suggested it, and I felt that was because he is continuously on the Gaga wave.

Not true though, I didn’t predict Shallow in RoTY unlike most members. However, I did predict Gaga to sweep in the GF which didn’t happen.

But the reason I predicted Joanne is because I just couldn’t see someone who’s that popular and prominent at the time losing to the likes of Camila Cabello. Regardless of how weak her submission may be, she was just bound to win regardless in that shitty lineup.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s most-likely nomination in the GF is AoTY.

I’m really not sure about RoTY/SoTY. There are many other songs the committee can choose from. And considering her past with the committee, it is possible that she scores neither. However AoTY should be pretty safe, unless AoTY gets more crowded.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana isn’t going to submit 7 Rings anywhere anyways. 7 Rings is just going to help her secure the AOTY nomination since it’s one of the biggest hits of the year.

She’ll get 4 or 5 nods this year.

AOTY
    SOTY/ROTY – thank u, next
    Pop Solo
    Pop Album

At this point I don’t see her winning anything other than Pop Solo. I feel as though Billie might beat her in Pop Album or someone else that is seen as “overdue”. Maybe P!nk?

True, she’s not winning in the GF as well for Old Town Road which could get Despacito treatment,

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Please reveal your secrets, master

How was ‘Joanne’ winning “not random”? It’s one of the most bizarre wins in recent years.

It coasted to a win based on how much voters liked A Star Is Born, Gaga, and “Shallow”. It was also boosted by Gaga’s Netflix documentary from the year before (where the song is heard in its entirety during an emotional scene) and the fact that she performed the song at the previous year’s telecast.

Those are very easily explainable reasons why it won which is why I wouldn’t call it random, even though I didn’t predict it. Now, if “Colors” had won, that’d be different.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 959 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.