Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 899 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Boz
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Pop Voters still like Gaga as much as last year, you can bet ARUTW/INLA will make the TOP20 that’ll be sent to the committee. And the committee MAY choose to nominate them. So it’s not impossible.

However, I don’t see it happening personally. They’ve already nominated her in ROTY/SOTY. They’re more likely to nominate her in AoTY than those categories.

If they really don’t like their options in SoTY, they could nominate INLA because that song is such a lyrical masterpiece. But I wouldn’t bet on it. There isn’t really a precedent for a big artist being nominated in SoTY with a non-hit, unless I’m mistaken.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

The songs that I feel may be nominated in SoTY:

Sunflower (close to a lock)
    Without Me (safe bet, I don’t think the minor sampling will be an issue)
    Dancing With A Stranger (possible)
    Thank U Next (possible)
    Bad Guy (possible)
    Earfquake (possible)

But honestly, I feel none of them is really worthy of the title “Song Of The Year”. If I were a voter, I’d vote for Without Me. At the very least it has the best lyrics among these.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga got 4 nominations for Shallow, not the Soundtrack, it’s not her best work. If cohesively you can tell me you can listen to the whole soundtrack and say that it’s better than the whole Billie Eilish or Ariana Grande albums, be my guest. Lady Gaga is not getting ROTY and SOTY nominations again. The only place I see her nominated is Pop Solo and Pop Duo, maybe AOTY. But to be the top 8-10 songs of ROTY or SOTY, I think not. The only standout song in my opinion that could get it is I’ll Never Love Again, but I doubt that would be in the general field.

Star Is Born is better than anything in the career of Ariana and Billie

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande’s thank U, Next & Billie Eilish’s WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? > Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s A Star is Born Soundtrack

You’re out of the ordinary for saying this.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

If Pop Voters still like Gaga as much as last year, you can bet ARUTW/INLA will make the TOP20 that’ll be sent to the committee. And the committee MAY choose to nominate them. So it’s not impossible. However, I don’t see it happening personally. They’ve already nominated her in ROTY/SOTY. They’re more likely to nominate her in AoTY than those categories. If they really don’t like their options in SoTY, they could nominate INLA because that song is such a lyrical masterpiece. But I wouldn’t bet on it. There isn’t really a precedent for a big artist being nominated in SoTY with a non-hit, unless I’m mistaken.

the most likely it is to release a new single for ROTY and SOTY by the end of the deadline, leaving the new album for the 2021 grammy

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Sunflower” is far from a lock in SOTY.

And I doubt Gaga repeats in R/SOTY, but stranger things have happened.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

M, DWAS seems  more ROTY than to be honest.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If DWAS and Sunflower won’t be in SoTY then what will lol?

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

If DWAS and Sunflower won’t be in SoTY then what will lol?

A lot of other songs came out this year and there are still three months left.

Not everything that is a top 40 radio hit makes it into the general field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing With A Stranger doesn’t have more chances than Sunflower though.I’d be surprised if the latter doesn’t make it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen anyone mention “Hard Place” by H.E.R. as a R/SOTY contender. Why not? It was a highlight of this year’s Grammy telecast and voters clearly like her for her to have gotten in AOTY with a lower-key project.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga got 4 nominations for Shallow, not the Soundtrack, it’s not her best work. If cohesively you can tell me you can listen to the whole soundtrack and say that it’s better than the whole Billie Eilish or Ariana Grande albums, be my guest. Lady Gaga is not getting ROTY and SOTY nominations again. The only place I see her nominated is Pop Solo and Pop Duo, maybe AOTY. But to be the top 8-10 songs of ROTY or SOTY, I think not. The only standout song in my opinion that could get it is I’ll Never Love Again, but I doubt that would be in the general field.

The only reason that ASIB most likely will not get a song indicated in the GF with the ST it’s only because she has not bothered herself to promote another one besides Shallow. But I can assure you that if ARUTW, or even INLA, had been officially released and worked as a oficial single, it would easily be a stronger bet than TUN and especially 7R or Bad Guy
    As for the personal taste each one has its own, but if we are going for the work itself and which fits better for the Grammy then ASIB is yes better than Ariana and Billie’s albuns. It is no wonder that the only reason that most people in here only don’t bet on ASIB it’s because was released long before the others, but if we are talking about the albun that goes more to the taste of the voters than it’s 100% ASIB, not to mention that this is by far her best work since BTW and the most friendly Grammy on her carrer

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS is being severely overestimated.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

I still believe that the future winner of SOTY and ROTY it’s not released yet

But DWAS and Sunflower seens two very good options too

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS is being severely overestimated.

Seriously. As of right now I think it’s getting in Pop Duo/Group, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of summer releases ended up knocking it out. And I definitely don’t see it as a general field contender.

They ignored Sam’s Oscar-winning Bond theme in Visual Media Song, they ignored “Too Good at Goodbyes” in Pop Solo in favor of “Love So Soft” (which came out the same day and was significantly less popular), and Shawn Mendes got a nomination for Pop Album over him last year. Voters clearly aren’t that into him anymore.

Not to mention, Normani had another hit duet last year that was completely ignored.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 899 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.