Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 899 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Boz
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol Ed has never released a great album but Divide was especially bad. And after that I Don’t Care and Cross Me songs, prepare for more mediocrity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion, not to undercut Carly Rae Jepsen’s success, but’s its not the best album of the year so far, the most agreed upon album that’s the best is either Grey Area or Titanic Rising or IGOR. Even though these are my favorite albums, here is who I think would be nominated for AOTY.

1. Ariana Grande- Thank U, Next: Ariana’s most consistent album to date. She has popular #1 songs filled with pop bangers. She is considered one of the most thriving pop stars out there. Even though her nomination is most probable, It’s unclear if she wins considering that she has an explicit album and it’s not necessarily the “safe choice”. She would be a definite nomination in both ROTY and SOTY as well. Expect a Pop Vocal Album or Record of the Year win.

2. Billie Eilish- WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?: Billie’s debut has become someone to watch in the next coming years. Her album is very distinct and edgy from such a young mind. I can’t imagine someone snubbing big album from someone who written, produced and sung this with her brother, which has been the catalyst for many to be nominated last year (look at H.E.R. and Brandi Carlisle). I think she relatively smaller in scope for this award, but this didn’t stop Kacey Musgraves this year, so who knows. Expect some pop nominations, and either a BNA and/or Pop Vocal win.

3. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper- A Star Is Born Soundtrack: I know many are rooting for this album, but currently we are talking about hurdles to get the nomination, not the win. Shockingly Lady Gaga is the “safe choice” currently out the general field possible lineup with a great selling overall and a massive song. I think there are many hurdles that this thing will happen to jump (although this hurdle is able to jump). One, this is a soundtrack, not an album, which stop many before in the tracks of not winning, and in my opinion, I wouldn’t vote for a soundtrack, even if it’s Black Panther. Two I don’t think awarding this album over Gaga’s previous work is deserved. The Fame Monster and The Fame were 2 forward thinking pop albums that I wish at least one did win, but its okay. My real issue is that I wouldn’t be satisfied if Gaga won for a soundtrack when they have came out with amazing material over the years (sort of like a Kendrick Lamar situation I see this year). Expect some pop nominations.

4. Tyler, The Creator- IGOR: There’s always that one album that is loved by critics circles, and I think this album could be it. It has widespread appeal, probably one of, if not, my favorite album of the year due to its cohesive narrative and fire songs. IGOR see a new part of Tyler that many might dismiss at first, but afterwards will fall in love with. Except at least rap nominations, maybe even a win for rap album.

5. Vampire Weekend- Father of the Bride: even though i think this album is a little scattered, it’s probably their most accessible since their first self-titled album. Harmony Hall is one of the best songs of the year. It will probably will fill the alternative album spot this year. Expect a alternative and rock nominations, even a win.

6. Solange- When I Get Home: Maybe not the most consistent album, but the one I think that toke the most risks. Her album was, in my opinion, her most ambitions album yet, where she explored new territory rather than expand her craft on projects like A Seat at the Table. I mean she Beyoncé sister, what else is there to her. Expect some R&B nominations.

7. Khalid- Free Spirit or Lizzo- Cuz I Love You: Big hits in the R&B field whether you liked them or not, they are great at accomplishing some modern r&b elements with some pop bangers sprinkled on the track listing.

8. Long Shots: Little Simz- Grey Area or Weyes Blood- Titanic Rising: Overall a Great Album in general. I hope the academy honors introspective hits like they did with Kacey Musgraves. Y’all should check them out.

Again, Ariana Grande is not going to win ROTY for this super trash 7 Rings song and Best Pop Vocal Album and AOTY for thank u, next. Billie Eilish will win either AOTY or BPV even though her album might end up in Best Alternative Msuic Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana could easily win Pop Vocal Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana could easily win Pop Vocal Album.

Not happening sorry.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, Ariana Grande is not going to win ROTY for this super trash 7 Rings song and Best Pop Vocal Album and AOTY for thank u, next. Billie Eilish will win either AOTY or BPV even though her album might end up in Best Alternative Msuic Album.

I never said 7 rings would be the song nominated lol. Thank U, Next is the song that would best fit in both ROTY and SOTY since everybody was singing that song when somebody would say “thank you” or on someone’s Instagram caption. Billie Eilish is Ariana’s only real competition atm for Pop Vocal Album. I don’t think Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran can knock down Ariana Grande with their mediocre singles they keep hashing out. Thank U, Next, Without Me, or Old Town Road are the only true songs I would nominated in those 2 song catagories.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

And realistically who is going to win against Ariana in BPVA? Billie probably won’t, she going to be the Lorde of the year. Taylor is being funky and Ed Sheeran is being mediocre. Maybe Halsey, but other than that, I don’t see another argument for anyone else that could release an album better than Thank U, Next.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

And realistically who is going to win against Ariana in BPVA? Billie probably won’t, she going to be the Lorde of the year. Taylor is being funky and Ed Sheeran is being mediocre. Maybe Halsey, but other than that, I don’t see another argument for anyone else that could release an album better than Thank U, Next.

ASIB could but I doubt it’s submitted in there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran should and will be ignored by the grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean if Billie is going to win “Lorde” of the year then she’s surely winning in both Pop Categories and GF?

So I don’t see why she can’t beat Ariana lol?

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see another argument for anyone else that could release an album better worse than Thank U, Next.

Fixed for you again

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Please forgive me for pointing out how ignorant it is to cite a completely irrelevant user poll as to justify someone’s chances in a Grammy thread, especially when far more compelling evidence to the contrary exists a few pixels away from the information cited. If you want to promote such a statistic in a general music thread or a thread about that artist or album, go for it. However, if you do the same thing in a thread pertaining the Grammy chances of that work, then prepare to be roundly mocked for such idiocy.

The thing is that they weren’t saying that she has a good chance at getting nominated she simply was stating something. No where in that comment did she say anything about Grammy chances so I don’t understand why you were so pressed by that

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran + Releasing an album = Game Over for those who tried to win Best Pop Vocal Album

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean if Billie is going to win “Lorde” of the year then she’s surely winning in both Pop Categories and GF? So I don’t see why she can’t beat Ariana lol?

I’m speaking towards Melodrama Lorde, where it’s innovative in her own retrospect, but doesn’t get any love in her own genre catagory.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

I never said 7 rings would be the song nominated lol. Thank U, Next is the song that would best fit in both ROTY and SOTY since everybody was singing that song when somebody would say “thank you” or on someone’s Instagram caption. Billie Eilish is Ariana’s only real competition atm for Pop Vocal Album. I don’t think Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran can knock down Ariana Grande with their mediocre singles they keep hashing out. Thank U, Next, Without Me, or Old Town Road are the only true songs I would nominated in those 2 song catagories.

Old Town Road should be getting a Despacito treatment. OTR will not win ROTY and SOTY like what happened to Despacito last year when Despacito lost to Bruno Mars.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t the Grammys would not try and capitalize on the success of Old Town Road, which helps connect both sides of this divided country much more than let’s say a Halsey, Ariana or Taylor song would ever. Anyone that would like to discuss why it wouldn’t work fill freee to disagree like always.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 899 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.