Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 5)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 531 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +20 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oz
M
Blanche
  • 24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t sleep on Lewis Capaldi! He’s the biggest new artist in the U.K. and his single “Someone You Loved” is starting to take off here in the U.S. I could easily see him getting into Song of the Year, New Artist and Pop Solo off the strength of that song alone.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Shaed’s “Trampoline” is a song to watch, assuming it wasn’t submitted last year. It recently hit #1 on alternative radio and is building on pop radio with amazing callouts. It’s probably going to be a major hit in the second half of the year.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been saying since February Someone You Loved has a strong chance at SoTY and you guys have been writing it off. It’s already 55 on BB100 and will likely enter the TOP40.

It could get in from the british vote alone. Don’t underestimate it. Look at Jorja Smith.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  M.
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been saying since February Someone You Loved has a strong chance at SoTY and you guys have been writing it off. It’s already 55 on BB100 and will likely enter the TOP40.

It could get in from the british vote alone. Don’t underestimate it. Look at Jorja Smith.

We finally agree on something.

I remember posting about Lewis’ “Grace” and “Someone You Loved” back in December. I love being influential.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Finneas is the #1 songwriter and producer on Billboard’s new charts. Is he a lock for Producer or is Louis Bell still on the run?

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s the type of song that the Grammys go nuts for! Singer-songwriter single that can be played on Adult Contemporary radio stations as well as Top 40.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Capaldi and Lizzo are becoming BNA threats, specially the former. He could easily follow Adele’s and Sam Smith’s lane if that song takes off.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Way too early to make a judgment call on Lewis Capaldi, especially after James Arthur was completely shut out a few years ago. He’s probably in for a Best New Artist nomination but everything else? Wait and see.

And literally no one is winning Best New Artist whose name isn’t Billie Eilish, that much is obvious.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Way too early to make a judgment call on Lewis Capaldi, especially after James Arthur was completely shut out a few years ago. He’s probably in for a Best New Artist nomination but everything else? Wait and see.

And literally no one is winning Best New Artist whose name isn’t Billie Eilish, that much is obvious.

Arthur was never a BNA contender, his name was surrounded with controversy and he wasn’t even new in the slightest.

I could see Billie losing (if Capaldi takes off, as I said). She’s not a Grammy type artist. Lorde, Lana, Avril, all lost the award. She’s the frontrunner (and the best quality-wise) as of now, but we all thought Ella Mai and Cardi B were BNA locks last year, as we thought Khalid or SZA were winning BNA before Alessia was allowed to compete. It’s way too early to call her a locked win.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Neither Lana nor Lorde was nominated for BNA. I suspect Lorde would have been formidable competition for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis had they not snubbed her right out.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Lorde and Lana Del Rey were not nominated for Best New Artist. Avril Lavigne lost to Norah Jones. Cardi B was not eligible last year, and the Ella Mai comparison is laughable.

Billie Eilish has the biggest album of the year. There is no way she’s going to lose to some random one-hit wonder just because he has a hit piano ballad.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Neither Lana nor Lorde was nominated for BNA. I suspect Lorde would have been formidable competition for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis had they not snubbed her right out.

She beat Macklemore for Song of the Year, so logically, she likely would have won Best New Artist had she been nominated.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Those solo AC male acts do not fare well in BNA. Sam Smith was just an undeniable situation.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish has the biggest album of the year. There is no way she’s going to lose to some random one-hit wonder just because he has a hit piano ballad.

Capaldi is closer to the past BNA winners. Alessia, Sam Smith, Adele, Bon Iver, etc. The Grammy’s love ballads and they definitely have a thing for Brits. No one is saying Billie is losing, I’m just saying Capaldi is definitely in the running. That award is not locked.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Plus, having an AOTY nom doesn’t even help that much. HER still lost to Dua Lipa despite having more nominations, an AOTY nod, and being more talented.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.