Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 5)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 541 through 551 (of 551 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oz
M
Blanche
  • Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

I do see why people are saying that Lewis Capalidi could get BNA, but Billie Eillish is having a MASSIVE year with her debut album receiving critical and commercial success. All of her songs are topping the charts, streaming services and all. She’s practically a lock for Best New Artist.

TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

I expected the “British balladeer” thing to pan out for Calum Scott last year, and it didn’t so I wouldn’t be too confident in Capaldi at this point.

TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

As of now, there are only 10 artists that goldderby has at better than 100/1 odds for an AOTY nom, and most of them are hella unrecognized by the Grammys.

Billie Eilish: 0 nods
    Lizzo: 0 nods
    Tyler the Creator: 0/2
    Khalid: 0/5
    Solange: 1/1
    Vampire Weekend: 1/2
    Anderson Paak: 1/3
    Ariana Grande: 1/6

+ darlings Gaga and Beyoncé

It feels weird to predict so many acts with little Grammy history contending for AOTY… but I guess it’s not too different from the most recent lineup, which featured 4 acts who had 0-2 nods prior to that ceremony.

Country is the second most prevalent genre among AOTY nominees in the 2010s, but I guess we could have a lineup without a country/Americana album if there isn’t a definitive choice. I’d say Maren Morris just because she’s gotten a lot of noms in very few years, but I don’t think GIRL really fits the mold.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi is more of a James Arthur than a Sam Smith/Ed Sheeran.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Country is the second most prevalent genre among AOTY nominees in the 2010s, but I guess we could have a lineup without a country/Americana album if there isn’t a definitive choice. I’d say Maren Morris just because she’s gotten a lot of noms in very few years, but I don’t think GIRL really fits the mold.

Is it?

I counted:

R&B: 8

Rock: 9

Rap: 10

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m actually surprised people are arguing BNA. They may as well engrave Billie Eilish name on the trophy right now. The only way I can see her losing is if she is not eligible for some reason, or her label forgets to submit her for whatever reason. Or if she says something racist.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly.

I think he’s going to be nominated because of his massive success in the UK and because of the expanded lineup, but he’s not at all a threat to win.

And Lizzo ain’t winning either. Y’all know better than that. When given the choice between a pop star and an R&B/hip-hop act, they will almost always pick the pop star.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

The deafness jumped out.

Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Another weird tangent, but can Pop stars stop labeling themselves as “Alternative”? Imagine Dragons probably started the trend, but it’s so dumb seeing people like Halsey, Lana del Rey, or even Capaldi himself get labeled as Alt on iTunes. You’re pop, sis.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Another weird tangent, but can Pop stars stop labeling themselves as “Alternative”? Imagine Dragons probably started the trend, but it’s so dumb seeing people like Halsey, Lana del Rey, or even Capaldi himself get labeled as Alt on iTunes. You’re pop, sis.

Ultraviolence is an alternative album though, and Imagine Dragons at the beggining was alternative/rock.Halsey is pop, that bitch is shameless.

Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, only a moron would think Billie Eilish is NOT winning Best New Artist.  She is a fucking lock.

Viewing 11 posts - 541 through 551 (of 551 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.