Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 945 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Oz
DC95
dOminiK13_
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Let’s keep the conversation going in this thread.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s with new threads being created when the last ones aren’t full?

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ I admit that the previous chat ended kind of early in my opinion too, but each one has been closed up after different numbers of pages. Maybe there are not to be as many anymore.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift’s album is being released just before the deadline (August 23).

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, Taylor Swift, Lover- August 23rd

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ll see how it does. As for now Thank U, Next is still my front runner for Best Pop Vocal Album based on its commercial and highly critical success.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ll see how it does. As for now Thank U, Next is still my front runner for Best Pop Vocal Album based on its commercial and highly critical success.

Thank you, next is winning and if not Ariana it’ll be Billie not Taylor. Her biggest mistake is releasing at the end of the eligibility period. Her album will probably need time to grow considering me! Basically flopped for her standards. So even if she gets a huge hit with the new single coming out. It still doesn’t compare to Ariana having 2 #1s 1 #2 and multiple other top 10s from TUN. To be fair Ariana’s narrative has died down a bit and the Grammys could figure them giving her the award for sweetener was enough for now. But even then Billie is having a huge year and she’s having a bigger moment than Taylor.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish are way more competitive in Best Pop Vocal Album, and this year proved that name recognition and big sales don’t make Taylor Swift the favorite to win by default. Lover is probably getting nominated there, but I am not convinced that it is competitive for the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you, next is winning and if not Ariana it’ll be Billie not Taylor. Her biggest mistake is releasing at the end of the eligibility period. Her album will probably need time to grow considering me! Basically flopped for her standards. So even if she gets a huge hit with the new single coming out. It still doesn’t compare to Ariana having 2 #1s 1 #2 and multiple other top 10s from TUN. To be fair Ariana’s narrative has died down a bit and the Grammys could figure them giving her the award for sweetener was enough for now. But even then Billie is having a huge year and she’s having a bigger moment than Taylor.

I disagree. I think that Taylor releasing Lover before the deadline helps her. It could remind Grammy voters of why they fell in love with Taylor in the first place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish are way more competitive in Best Pop Vocal Album, and this year proved that name recognition and big sales don’t make Taylor Swift the favorite to win by default. Lover is probably getting nominated there, but I am not convinced that it is competitive for the win.

It all depends on how Lover sells. Taylor is (arguably) a legendary artist who has set such high standards for herself.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

It all depends on how Lover sells. Taylor is (arguably) a legendary artist who has set such high standards for herself.

Reputation outsold all of its fellow nominees combined and still lost to Ariana Grande, who is back in the running this year with an even more popular album than Sweetener.

Taylor is at a disadvantage until proven otherwise. The frosty reception to “Me!” is not helping her case.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

It all depends on how Lover sells. Taylor is (arguably) a legendary artist who has set such high standards for herself.

Lol, if she only gets a pop album nomination again, will y’all still use this same argument for her? If this has the same reception for Reputation, or worse, Lover won’t be competitive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift’s release date is a bit of a risk. I say it was wise for her to release material this eligibility season rather than the next. Especially considering that Adele, Gaga, Beyoncé and Kendrick are Rumoured to release their material next season. She knows that there aren’t a lot of competition and that she could easily get in for the 2020 Grammys. Now winning is another story. It all depends in the production, lyrical and commercial aspect in my opinion, especially for AOTY. I’m pretty sure she’ll get a Pop Vocal and Possibly a Pop Duo or Pop Solo. We’ll also have to hear Taylor’s new single tonight to determine that too and hopefully it’ll help her, cause Me! kinda didn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY is probably not happening for Taylor. Acts that wim multiple times have a hard time getting in afterwards, and she’s not selling or performing as good as before in terms overall.

I still have Ariana in the lead, though it’s pretty much neck to neck between her and Billie.

Pop Vocal Album
    1. thank u, next
    2. WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
    3. Hurts 2B Human
    4. Happiness Begins
    5. Lover
    6. No 6 Collaborations Project

All of these sold well except for P!nk (I’m just gonna assume Taylor and Ed will move a bunch of units per usual). It’ll definitely be a more star-studded lineup than last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is not winning anything. Even with her nomination. This is for Ariana or Billie to win

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Chubby706.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Chubby706.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 945 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.