Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 945 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Oz
DC95
dOminiK13_
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed should submit “Cross Me” for Music Video. That video is dope.

ReplyCopy URL
    RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

The Red Dead Redemption 2 Soundtrack is releasing July 12. I think it may have a shot at an AOTY nomination. It’s produced by Daniel Lanois (an 11-time Grammy winner and 3-time AOTY winner) and it’s from one of the biggest games released last year. It features performances from previous Grammy winners like D’Angelo, Rhiannon Giddens and Willie Nelson.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see any soundtrack by “Various Artists” in AoTY. They academy rarely nominated those (I think twice or so in history?). It’d have to be really good to make it.

If you can’t put a name on it, it’s probably not getting in. The reason why BP was nominated it’s because it’s tied to 14 time grammy winner Kendrick Lamar. The reason why we’re talking about ASIB, it’s because it’s tied to Gaga.

The second likely soundtrack to be in AoTY this year would be The Lion King if it has a lot of original material, for the same reason, that it can be tied to Beyoncé and Childish Gambino.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see any soundtrack by “Various Artists” in AoTY. They academy rarely nominated those (I think twice or so in history?). It’d have to be really good to make it. If you can’t put a name on it, it’s probably not getting in. The reason why BP was nominated it’s because it’s tied to 14 time grammy winner Kendrick Lamar. The reason why we’re talking about ASIB, it’s because it’s tied to Gaga. The second likely soundtrack to be in AoTY this year would be The Lion King if it has a lot of original material, for the same reason, that it can be tied to Beyoncé and Childish Gambino.

even if Lion King is a big success in sales I do not think I get an nom to AOTY.  if any soundtrack goes into 2020 it will be ASIB

they should bet their chances on ROTY, if the songs have big sales.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk if Truth Hurts is even eligible despite its second release with the album. Juice is a better track.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

And honestly Ava Max shouldn’t herself Into best New Artist this year until she releases her album. If she waits till next year she will win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

You are severely over-estimating Dancing With A Stranger. Sam Smith has NOT been on the Grammys’ radar for a few years now. Dancing With A Stranger has no narrative or buzz- it’s mainly pushed by radio. I see it as last year’s Love Lies but Khalid is way more relevant than Sam Smith. I could see it getting a nomination in Best Pop Duo/Group but it’s for sure not winning or getting in the GF.

Also, Sam Smith’s new single won’t do much- believe me. The Grammys have moved on from him- he would have to get his “ASIB” moment to save his career or if he wants to win another Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re underestimating Sam smith has because he was snubbed last go around but DWAS is perfectly a strong contender for Dou/Group.

The song is a step out the box for Sam and I think he’ll be recognized for it. Love Lies should’ve been nominated I’m sure it just missed out last year but I think DWAS is a stronger single and it certainty out charted Love Lies.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS is a contender for an nomination, the song has buzz theirs was literally a viral video of a baby singing it on social media and good morning America talking about it and celebrities have been stanning it throughout the summer , so that’s obviously buzz right there and not to mention being a Top ten hit despite little to no tv promo, Sam still got a hit after coming back from a rather underwhelming era, he still has relevance and has the potential to win back voters.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you’re underestimating Sam smith has because he was snubbed last go around but DWAS is perfectly a strong contender for Dou/Group. The song is a step out the box for Sam and I think he’ll be recognized for it. Love Lies should’ve been nominated I’m sure it just missed out last year but I think DWAS is a stronger single and it certainty out charted Love Lies.

Sucker, I Don’t Care and Sunflower all have a bigger shot at winning than Dancing With A Stranger. Señorita too (it’s doing great as of now), also we have Me!, Nothing Breake Like A Heart, Old Town Road (if submitted), Beyonce and Donald Glover, Lady Gaga and Bradly Cooper. Normani is basically irrelevant while Sam Smith has been “snubbed” quite a lot of times recently, wirh Way Too Good At Goodbyes (which is superior to DWAS and had way less competition), his recent album sold well but wasn’t nomnated while Camila and Shawn got nominations. In addition, his Oscar-winning song wasn’t even nominated in Best Song for Visual Media. I predict that DWAS will get no nominations this year- it’s not even a big hit- it’s heavily pushed by radios like Delicate was last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS is literally halfway 2XPLATINUM with its Spotify numbers 384M and youtube At 346M, it’s obviously a big hit… and just because they snubbed him doesn’t they won’t nominate him again, DWAS is easily one of the biggest duets of this year and the sheer underestimating because of a bad year is quite laughable considering this very weak year.. I’m very confident this is getting nominated at least:

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Sucker, I Don’t Care and Sunflower all have a bigger shot at winning than Dancing With A Stranger. Señorita too (it’s doing great as of now), also we have Me!, Nothing Breake Like A Heart, Old Town Road (if submitted), Beyonce and Donald Glover, Lady Gaga and Bradly Cooper. Normani is basically irrelevant while Sam Smith has been “snubbed” quite a lot of times recently, wirh Way Too Good At Goodbyes (which is superior to DWAS and had way less competition), his recent album sold well but wasn’t nomnated while Camila and Shawn got nominations. In addition, his Oscar-winning song wasn’t even nominated in Best Song for Visual Media. I predict that DWAS will get no nominations this year- it’s not even a big hit- it’s heavily pushed by radios like Delicate was last year.

it would be funny if INLA or Music to My Eyes would take that prize in the middle of all those top 10 hits

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS is a contender for an nomination, the song has buzz theirs was literally a viral video of a baby singing it on social and good morning America talking about it and celebrities have been stanning it throughout the summer , so that’s obviously buzz right there and not to mention being a Top ten hit despite little to no tv promo, Sam still got a hit after coming back from a rather underwhelming era, he still has relevance and has the potential to win back voters.

Wow, the delusion!💀

Sam has no buzz at all. The artists with buzz currently are Billie Eilish, Khalid, Ariana Grande, Lizzo and a few others. It’s Top 10 mostly because of radio push, it’s not doing great on Spotify and Apple Music. This is Love Lies 2.0- it got to Top 10 because of radio, stayed there a few weeks and then left the charts. Again, a nomination in Pop Duo/Group Performance is possible but everything else is wishful thinking. I just can’t see Normani being nominated!

And TV promo doesn’t help the song performance as it used to do. Radios are pushing the singles and promoting them and DWAS gets a lot of spins on radio.

The Thrill Of It All didn’t exactly flop- it sold well and the lead single’s performance was pretty decent. DWAS is a mediocre song, nothing special about it, it’s performance is also decent, so don’t be delusional! Plus having Normani as the feature doesn’t help Sam’s situation.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m delusional..

You have literally said Me! is a great song and the GP/Radio will love it while being a front runner for Pop Duo.. and you’re saying believe me lol yeah no.

Dancing With a Stranger for Pop Duo nomination is a certain, I couldn’t care less what else you come up with… y’all really need to stop using Sam’s past snub, theirs have been plenty of people getting nods than get any more for a while than get more later on.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

DWAS is literally halfway 2XPLATINUM with its Spotify numbers 384M and youtube At 346M, it’s obviously a big hit… and just because they snubbed him doesn’t they won’t nominate him again, DWAS is easily one of the biggest duets of this year and the sheer underestimating because of a bad year is quite laughable considering this very weak year.. I’m very confident this is getting nominated at least:

Those streams are mediocre for today’s standards- it’s not a big hit. And Pop Duo/Group is very crowded this year.

We have:

-Sucker #1

-Sunflower #1

-I Don’t Care #2

-Señorita #2 (probably)

-Me! #2

-Beyonce/Gambino- Grammy darlings

-Gaga/Bradley- Grammy darlings

-Please Me (if submitted) #3

-Old Town Road (if submitted) #1

Also, live versions of Happier (#2), High Hopes (#5) and Eastside (#9) could be released and submitted since they peaked during this eligibility period.

Dancing With A Stranger- #7, Normani is irrelevant in the music industry while Sam Smith has almost no support in the Academy left as seen last year.

Again, a nomination is possible but please don’t count on it. It’s definitely not winning though. @oneandonly, you are hyping up Sam Smith all the time but at the end of the day, you end up dissapointed. Please stop!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 945 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.