Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 907 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga won’t be nominated this year she’s been embroiled in scandals (rumor has it she’s the reason whyBradley and Irina break up) and has been getting very negative press I don’t think voters will want to nominate her

This is ridiculous. You’re just saying anything at this point to try to “validate” Ariana being a front runner when she isn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m also beginning to question Sam Smith’s chances of getting nominated. He hasnt been nominated for a grammy since 2014. Even his bigger songs like TGAG was snubbed in a weak year.

That was not a weak year and to be honest, I feel they snubbed Sam for the entire era just because of fear of him winning could cause problems.. but not this year, considering DWAS deserves a nomination because it is a genuinely liked and successful pop song, where TGAG was a smash hit felt pretty Grammy baity tbh

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

That was not a weak year and to be honest, I feel they snubbed Sam for the entire era just because of fear of him winning could cause problems.. but not this year, considering DWAS deserves a nomination because it is a genuinely liked and successful pop song, where TGAG was a smash hit felt pretty Grammy baity tbh

Delusion at its finest!

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Delusion at its finest!

Coming from you, that’s an understatement!

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga won’t be nominated this year she’s been embroiled in scandals (rumor has it she’s the reason whyBradley and Irina break up) and has been getting very negative press I don’t think voters will want to nominate her

Girl.. the more scandals, the more nominations.She was everywhere in 2009-2011 and got AOTY thrice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think that natters. I mean, Chris Brown won a Grammy after beating the shit out of Rihanna.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, that’s just one of the most ridiculous reasoning I’ve ever read on these forums.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all really out here pretending that Sucker is not gonna win Pop Duo/Group

It is not at all a locked winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

The industry is trying so hard to push Normani so I wouldn’t be surprised if Dancing With a Stranger gets nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. What makes you think “Sucker” is this frontrunner for Pop Group?

I REALLY don’t understand why you’re overhyping a group who hasn’t been nominated since 2009.

ReplyCopy URL
    Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

New solo Beyoncé song was just confirmed from the lion king director.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

You are severely over-estimating Dancing With A Stranger. Sam Smith has NOT been on the Grammys’ radar for a few years now. Dancing With A Stranger has no narrative or buzz- it’s mainly pushed by radio. I see it as last year’s Love Lies but Khalid is way more relevant than Sam Smith. I could see it getting a nomination in Best Pop Duo/Group but it’s for sure not winning or getting in the GF.

Also, Sam Smith’s new single won’t do much- believe me. The Grammys have moved on from him- he would have to get his “ASIB” moment to save his career or if he wants to win another Grammy.

Love lies wasn’t nominated for many reasons. One being that it wasn’t big enough to get into the gf in a year with strong contenders. Then it had two other shots at being nominated. for Best Song Written For Visual Media and best pop duo. And the nominees from last years oscars had to wait until this year to get nominated along with shallow and all the stars so the category was too packed for love lies to get into. And then it was submitted to r&b instead of pop duo which was a huge mistake. Because r&b voters consider Khalid and Normani pop stars. The song went #1 on Pop not r&b. Christina Aguilera and the Backstreet Boys got pop duo noms last year so they could’ve easily been nominated there if submitted there. Dancing with a stranger is a different story. It’s a bigger song than love lies and more grammy friendly especially in the pop duo category. It has one of the highest units sold out of songs released this year. It has sold the same units as sucker. I think the only songs to sell more units this year was old town road and 7 rings. It went #1 on radio and pop. And has managed to still be in the top ten despite being released in The winter and without a tv performance. Say what you will but I guarantee it’ll be nominated in pop duo (if not win).

ReplyCopy URL
    Bunni 33
    Participant
    Topics:

The industry is trying so hard to push Normani so I wouldn’t be surprised if Dancing With a Stranger gets nominated.

Lol Normani is just talented and has good management. RCA isn’t pushing anyone but Khalid. If anything they’ll try to push for a huge Grammy year for him. Their the worst label to be signed to. Dancing with a stranger will be nominated because it feels more like a success than sams last era. Also because Normani is gaining a lot of industry friends and supporters. Not because it looks good on paper(That would be sucker)

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

gossip magazines that are not relevant. please Gaga was already indicated even in AOTY when her albums had songs like Alejendro and Judas, this is not going to harm her in any way.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I can easily see DWAS gaining Pop Duo. It really does not seem impossible to me how they’re trying to make it look like. all Twitter talks about the win of the song, although Gaga, Beyoncé and Jonas Brothers can get the prize for themselves.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.