Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 945 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Oz
DC95
dOminiK13_
  • DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all really out here pretending that Sucker is not gonna win Pop Duo/Group

It is not at all a locked winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

The industry is trying so hard to push Normani so I wouldn’t be surprised if Dancing With a Stranger gets nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. What makes you think “Sucker” is this frontrunner for Pop Group?

I REALLY don’t understand why you’re overhyping a group who hasn’t been nominated since 2009.

ReplyCopy URL
    Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

New solo Beyoncé song was just confirmed from the lion king director.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

You are severely over-estimating Dancing With A Stranger. Sam Smith has NOT been on the Grammys’ radar for a few years now. Dancing With A Stranger has no narrative or buzz- it’s mainly pushed by radio. I see it as last year’s Love Lies but Khalid is way more relevant than Sam Smith. I could see it getting a nomination in Best Pop Duo/Group but it’s for sure not winning or getting in the GF.

Also, Sam Smith’s new single won’t do much- believe me. The Grammys have moved on from him- he would have to get his “ASIB” moment to save his career or if he wants to win another Grammy.

Love lies wasn’t nominated for many reasons. One being that it wasn’t big enough to get into the gf in a year with strong contenders. Then it had two other shots at being nominated. for Best Song Written For Visual Media and best pop duo. And the nominees from last years oscars had to wait until this year to get nominated along with shallow and all the stars so the category was too packed for love lies to get into. And then it was submitted to r&b instead of pop duo which was a huge mistake. Because r&b voters consider Khalid and Normani pop stars. The song went #1 on Pop not r&b. Christina Aguilera and the Backstreet Boys got pop duo noms last year so they could’ve easily been nominated there if submitted there. Dancing with a stranger is a different story. It’s a bigger song than love lies and more grammy friendly especially in the pop duo category. It has one of the highest units sold out of songs released this year. It has sold the same units as sucker. I think the only songs to sell more units this year was old town road and 7 rings. It went #1 on radio and pop. And has managed to still be in the top ten despite being released in The winter and without a tv performance. Say what you will but I guarantee it’ll be nominated in pop duo (if not win).

ReplyCopy URL
    Bunni 33
    Participant
    Topics:

The industry is trying so hard to push Normani so I wouldn’t be surprised if Dancing With a Stranger gets nominated.

Lol Normani is just talented and has good management. RCA isn’t pushing anyone but Khalid. If anything they’ll try to push for a huge Grammy year for him. Their the worst label to be signed to. Dancing with a stranger will be nominated because it feels more like a success than sams last era. Also because Normani is gaining a lot of industry friends and supporters. Not because it looks good on paper(That would be sucker)

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga won’t be nominated this year she’s been embroiled in scandals (rumor has it she’s the reason whyBradley and Irina break up) and has been getting very negative press I don’t think voters will want to nominate her

gossip magazines that are not relevant. please Gaga was already indicated even in AOTY when her albums had songs like Alejendro and Judas, this is not going to harm her in any way.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I can easily see DWAS gaining Pop Duo. It really does not seem impossible to me how they’re trying to make it look like. all Twitter talks about the win of the song, although Gaga, Beyoncé and Jonas Brothers can get the prize for themselves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. What makes you think “Sucker” is this frontrunner for Pop Group?

I REALLY don’t understand why you’re overhyping a group who hasn’t been nominated since 2009.

They haven’t been nominated since 2009 because their last album was in 2009…

And it’s the most similar. Pop songs with real instruments and catchy hooks prevail here, and Sucker’s predecessor (Feel It Still) won here as well.

They won’t award a rapper, given how bad of a track record rappers have in the pop field, so Post is out.

I’m not convinced they’ll give Sam Smith the Grammy. The song really isn’t breaking any records, and they snubbed his last era. Plus if they didn’t award Camila then they’ll probably pass on Normani.

That basically leaves the failed Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift singles – which are not winning just based on how badly they’ve been received – and Gaga and the JoBros, both of which are frontrunners.

Sucker is one of the biggest hits of the year, had an amazing run at Radio, is still selling and streaming well, and will likely end up in the top 10 of the YE. Add the amazing album sales, and the comeback narrative (as well as the great reviews), it seems like a clear path to win.

However, Gaga is still, well, Gaga, and last year proved that she’s a force to be reckoned with in the Pop field. Plus, she’ll be riding the ASIB hype.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

gossip magazines that are not relevant. please Gaga was already indicated even in AOTY when her albums had songs like Alejendro and Judas, this is not going to harm her in any way.

Honestly though. But shouldn’t  that drama help out her case, not bring her down. I mean it’s helping Ariana right now and her album and she’s succeeding. Honestly let’s keep the drama on another forum. We are here to predict the best albums and songs of this year, not another edition of Extra or TMZ. Music as an art form should be about the music not about the artist. If you don’t know what’s going on in a person’s life, don’t comment.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

^And all of that is coming from someone who hates their new album

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

“Sucker” is no “Feel It Still” (even though it sounds like a cheap copy). Portugal. The Man has a huge alternative following. Jonas Brothers are a pop boyband.

Jonas Brothers’ Grammy history is not strong at all. Their only nomination was BNA in 2009. It doesn’t matter if they haven’t released an album since then. I don’t see what you’re going on. The ROTY talk is questionable as well. And their sales took a huge tumble this week, btw. It was propelled by bundles.

The pop field is going to see so many upsets come Grammy nomination day. I cannot wait.

ReplyCopy URL
    Grammy
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there any word yet on what the new Grammy categories and regulations for 2020 are? If not, does anyone know when they’ll be released?

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Best music video?

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there any word yet on what the new Grammy categories and regulations for 2020 are? If not, does anyone know when they’ll be released?

Look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/62nd_Annual_Grammy_Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 945 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.