Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 907 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

^I wouldn’t count them out yet. The academy seems to be warming up to Shawn Mendes. He got into SOTY last year and got into Pop vocal album along with Camila. They still have a chance if the song smashes this summer!

They have a chance of getting nominated. They do not have a chance of winning.

Just as a reminder, while Shawn Mendes did get into Song of the Year, he did not get in Best Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jowgbruno
    Topics:

We still have ME! from Taylor which I think it’s not a good option at all, and with all the backslash it’s almost sure that it will be snubbed

Ed it’s certainly getting nominated with Something from his album, also the snub with Perfect Duo this year might help him like will probably help Beyoncé too

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

’t count them out yet. The academy seems to be warming up to Shawn Mendes. He got into SOTY last year and got into Pop vocal album along with Camila. They still have a chance if the song smas

But which one is more lucrative? He most likely was the 6th person in line for the Pop Solo nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

But which one is more lucrative? He most likely was the 6th person in line for the Pop Solo nod.

And he could have been 20th in the initial votes for SOTY. So the fact that he didn’t make the top 5 for his genre is concerning.

I don’t think he was 6th when there was also “Delicate.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Shawn Mendes still got into Pop Vocal over previous nominees/winners (Florence + the Machine, Sam Smith, Maroon 5, Panic! at the Disco, Charlie Puth, Christina Aguilera), and even more accalimed projects. And before y’all come up with the “he had no competition” bs, no one was predicting him. Like, almost no one in Gold Derby predicted Shawn Mendes in Pop Vocal, and only a select few predicted In My Blood anywhere. So it’s not like it was a super easy ride for him there. Plus, he got into SOTY, which means that he was among the top 20 songs selected there. He was most likely 6th on Pop Solo.

And Camila got in too, though she was more predictable (there’s usually a debut album nominated there) and she had a smash hit.

Not saying Señorita will win (too early too tell) or even get a nom, but there’s definitely some kind of support.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Nobody said there was no competition. The fact that he got in Pop Vocal Album is indeed impressive, especially after he had been ignored on several earlier attempts. But he’s not all of a sudden a Grammy darling because he got two nominations (one of which was a committee put), and “Señorita” is not the kind of song that would win a Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Correction: Gucci said Billie Eilish could NOT would win 3/4 in general field.

Oh girl…

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Shawn Mendes still got into Pop Vocal over previous nominees/winners (Florence + the Machine, Sam Smith, Maroon 5, Panic! at the Disco, Charlie Puth, Christina Aguilera), and even more accalimed projects. And before y’all come up with the “he had no competition” bs, no one was predicting him. Like, almost no one in Gold Derby predicted Shawn Mendes in Pop Vocal, and only a select few predicted In My Blood anywhere. So it’s not like it was a super easy ride for him there. Plus, he got into SOTY, which means that he was among the top 20 songs selected there. He was most likely 6th on Pop Solo.

And Camila got in too, though she was more predictable (there’s usually a debut album nominated there) and she had a smash hit.

Not saying Señorita will win (too early too tell) or even get a nom, but there’s definitely some kind of support.

I guess I count in the “almost nobody” since I had him in Pop Vocal Album. His last album was good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

And for what it’s worth, I did predict “In My Blood” getting into SOTY at the last minute.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Anyways, Lizzo’s Truth Hurts continues to rise. It’s at #14 right now.

This is what I got in Rap/Sung ATM.

1. Truth Hurts by Lizzo
    2. Wow. by Post Malone
    3. Tints by Anderson .Paak & Kendrick Lamar
    4. Higher by DJ Khaled featuring Nipsey Hussle and John Legend

I don’t know who to put in 5th. While I do think Old Town Road will get in Record, I don’t see Rap voters nominating him. They seem to be very picky most of the times.

Rule the World peaked too early on radio to contend. It might get in if enough voters remember it but I’m not really sure.

Am I missing anyone?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I guess I count in the “almost nobody” since I had him in Pop Vocal Album. His last album was good.

You actually predicted 3/4 GF winners (by January, idk if you changed your predictions). So good job.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Sucker got snubbed; it’s not an undeniable smash and it’s from a group that the Grammys don’t take seriously. The Jonas Brothers aren’t N’Sync or even the Backstreet Boys. It’s much too teenboppy. Justin Bieber is an anomaly where his success skyrockets through the roof to the point where they have to consider him as an inclusive nominee. But there is also a snobby factor when it comes to boybands that cater to teen boppers.

Señorita will for sure be a hit but not sure how it would win unless the category is abysmal. And even then, once again, snob factor comes and they could give it to someone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

1. Truth Hurts by Lizzo
    2. Wow. by Post Malone

I don’t know who to put in 5th. While I do think Old Town Road will get in Record, I don’t see Rap voters nominating him. They seem to be very picky most of the times.

Rule the World peaked too early on radio to contend. It might get in if enough voters remember it but I’m not really sure.

Am I missing anyone?

I dont think Post Malone and Lizzo are getting in Rap/Sung. Those 2 songs are a bit TOO Pop. Lizzo will get in if she submits “Tempo” though I feel.

Rap/Sung:

24/7 – Meek Mill & Ella Mai
    Higher – DJ Khaled, Nipsey Hussle and John Legend
    Please Me – Cardi B & Bruno Mars
    Old Town Road – Lil Nas X f/ Billy Ray Cyrus
    EARFQUAKE – Tyler, the Creator
    NUNYA – Kehlani f/ DOM KENNEDY

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Deemy.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Deemy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

1. Truth Hurts by Lizzo
    2. Wow. by Post Malone

Am I missing anyone?

You forgot “Earfquake.”

“Wow.” could be in Rap Performance instead of Rap/Sung.

“Rule the World” isn’t going to happen; it peaked early, wasn’t that big, and 2 Chainz isn’t really someone they care about that much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Senorita is a bad song? I played it once and found it forgettable. I think Shawn has a better shot at getting nominated in Pop Solo with “If I cant Have You” than getting in the super competitive Pop/Duo category with Camila. I mean .. she feels so last year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.