Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 945 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
dOminiK13_
  • Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello or Lady gaga and Bradley Cooper are winning Pop Duo

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Chubby706.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Shawn and Camila are not winning anything, and that song literally just came out. Calm down.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga won’t be nominated this year she’s been embroiled in scandals (rumor has it she’s the reason whyBradley and Irina break up) and has been getting very negative press I don’t think voters will want to nominate her

Now this is Just stupidity

ReplyCopy URL
    LOVC
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a question:

The new rules for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album say that it has been expanded to accept “contemporary pop songs performed in traditional pop style – the term “traditional” being a reference to the style of the composition, vocal styling and the instrumental arrangement without regard to the age of the material”

So does that mean that albums like 21 now go to traditional?

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a question:

The new rules for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album say that it has been expanded to accept “contemporary pop songs performed in traditional pop style – the term “traditional” being a reference to the style of the composition, vocal styling and the instrumental arrangement without regard to the age of the material”

So does that mean that albums like 21 now go to traditional?

Definitely not albums like 21.

Think Barbra Streisand, Michael Bublé. If artists like them release albums that mostly consist of newer songs (vs. Great American Songbook standards), they would be eligible. Streisand will likely be an immediate beneficiary of this rule with her new album consisting mostly of originals.

An example from the past few years would be Johnny Mathis Sings the Great New American Songbook, which was placed in Pop Vocal Album (instead of Traditional) because it consisted entirely of contemporary songs like “Hello,” “Happy,” and “Just the Way You Are.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Ben Platt can get into Traditional. His songs are very Broadway-ish in terms of delivery and musical mottiffs.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see NBLAH winning the duo category but I think it’s chances are probably very lil with all the competition with big hits or/and big names, still hopes for a nomimation

Personally I believe that Sunflower can take the award, stills a hit today although how old it’s and it’s Just so good

DWAS also got many chances, coming from two likeable artists and being a very stable hit until today

Sucker dosent seen right too me, Jonas Brothers Grammy winners sounds so strange, maybe they will be the GLY type next year

I dont know why but I think that Nas Maraj will go for the country duo Just to provoke the country conservative people, not to mention, it’s fits more in the trap or country category than the pop ones

I dont believe that Gaga and Bradley will get nominated again, if this was a weak year in this category maybe so, but it’s not, INLA dosen’t work as a duet, and I dont Know Whats Love Is its good but not good enough like Shallow was. Can you feel the love tonight seens a better option

Señorita is going to became a hit, so it might have a chance, the academy kinda like both shawn and camila, specially shawn.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Señorita sounds like a possibility but we have to see how it does first.

NasMaraj will go Rap/Sung, but given that they allowed Meant to Be to compete there…

It’ll all depend on whether country associations like it. If it doesn’t get any noms at the CMAs or CMTs then don’t expect it to pop up in country.

ReplyCopy URL
    na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello or Lady gaga and Bradley Cooper are winning Pop Duo

Lmaoooooo!!! Shawn Mendes and Camila got a couple of nods last year and you think they’re grammy favorites?? Like cmon they aren’t winning. They will replace I don’t care for a nomination in pop duo. but a win? Not a chance!! And lady Gaga will only get album nods. Like I said dancing with a stranger or even panic at the disco – hey look ma are the current front runners for pop duo. sucker is a “wait and see how they respond to it” situation, Either they’ll heavily reward it or it’ll be like girls like you. But regardless Shawn isnt winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

^I wouldn’t count them out yet. The academy seems to be warming up to Shawn Mendes. He got into SOTY last year and got into Pop vocal album along with Camila. They still have a chance if the song smashes this summer!

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

^I wouldn’t count them out yet. The academy seems to be warming up to Shawn Mendes. He got into SOTY last year and got into Pop vocal album along with Camila. They still have a chance if the song smashes this summer!

They have a chance of getting nominated. They do not have a chance of winning.

Just as a reminder, while Shawn Mendes did get into Song of the Year, he did not get in Best Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

We still have ME! from Taylor which I think it’s not a good option at all, and with all the backslash it’s almost sure that it will be snubbed

Ed it’s certainly getting nominated with Something from his album, also the snub with Perfect Duo this year might help him like will probably help Beyoncé too

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

’t count them out yet. The academy seems to be warming up to Shawn Mendes. He got into SOTY last year and got into Pop vocal album along with Camila. They still have a chance if the song smas

But which one is more lucrative? He most likely was the 6th person in line for the Pop Solo nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Correction: Gucci said Billie Eilish could NOT would win 3/4 in general field.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

But which one is more lucrative? He most likely was the 6th person in line for the Pop Solo nod.

And he could have been 20th in the initial votes for SOTY. So the fact that he didn’t make the top 5 for his genre is concerning.

I don’t think he was 6th when there was also “Delicate.”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 945 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.