Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 945 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Oz
DC95
dOminiK13_
  • Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Post Malone didn’t belong in the pop category either, like Old Town Road.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Post Malone didn’t belong in the pop category either, like Old Town Road.

So, there’s a chance that OTR will contend there. Cool. Less crap in the rap field.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Agree to disagree.

But I think Post Malone is a different situation because his album consisted heavily of pop songs like “Blame It On Me,” “Otherside,” “Better Now,” “Stay,” and “Paranoid.” There were also more hip-hop songs like “Rockstar,” but those were the minority. I actually think they made the right call with that album.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone is a different case for obvious reasons that had nothing to do with the sound of the album or the singles.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Post Malone is a different case for obvious reasons that had nothing to do with the sound of the album or the singles.

Not really considering the same thing has happened to OutKast, Nicki Minaj, and Kanye West.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Not really considering the same thing has happened to OutKast, Nicki Minaj, and Kanye West.

Those were obviously pop cases (those would be comparable to the OTR debate anyway). Post Malone’s B&B was NOT and will never be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

So, there’s a chance that OTR will contend there. Cool. Less crap in the rap field.

Judging by your posts I thought the discussion was about whether it should be nominated in pop or not.
    I agree it will probably be submitted in pop, if it’s up to his label.If it’s up to him he will definitelt submitt in country.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Those were obviously pop cases. Post Malone’s B&B was NOT and will never be.

Again, disagree.

The notion that the decision was racially motivated is silly considering Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Iggy Azalea, and Eminem have been nominated for Best Rap Album, a song from the album was nominated in the rap field, and his debut was slotted in Urban Contemporary Album (also in a traditionally black genre field).

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Judging by your posts I thought the discussion was about whether it should be nominated in pop or not.
    I agree it will probably be submitted in pop, if it’s up to his label.If it’s up to him he will definitelt submitt in country.

Hopefully, his label does it.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t think OTR will be nominated in Pop if it’s submitted there.

It doesn’t sound as Pop as Better Now. Better Now is simply put a Pop Song. And if the voters don’t think something sounds Pop enough they’ll pass it over. Examples of that are Pray For Me (in Best Pop Duo/GP) and B&B (in Best Pop Album).

His RoTY may be his sole nomination if he submits in Pop. He’d have a much better chance in Rap.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Trap beats and mumble-rap style didn’t stop Post Malone from submitting “Pyscho” or his entire album (and no, his album was not “pop”) being moved there.

So, I stand by what I said. “Old Town Road” should be placed in the pop field.

Psycho was submitted to Pop cuz Rockstar did better on Urban radio. It was strategic.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t think OTR will be nominated in Pop if it’s submitted there.

It doesn’t sound as Pop as Better Now. Better Now is simply put a Pop Song. And if the voters don’t think something sounds Pop enough they’ll pass it over. Examples of that are Pray For Me (in Best Pop Duo/GP) and B&B (in Best Pop Album).

His RoTY may be his sole nomination if he submits in Pop. He’d have a much better chance in Rap.

No matter which category it’s submitted to, I think ROTY will be its sole nomination. Actually, I’m thinking it’s the biggest lock for a ROTY nomination than any other contender this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

No matter which category it’s submitted to, I think ROTY will be its sole nomination. Actually, I’m thinking it’s the biggest lock for a ROTY nomination than any other contender this year.

I agree with the first part. But no I don’t think it’s the biggest lock. I won’t be surprised in the slightest if it is passed over in RoTY. If the committee had the audacity to completely shut out Ed Sheeran in 2017, they can definitely do to any artist. Heck they’d find it much easier to do it to Lil Nas since he’s memey.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

If submitted to Pop Duo/Group, Old Town Road will easily get in. This is a sensation and the Grammys will for sure want to include it and the opening performance of Old Town Road will be fire.

Also, you are ALL severely over-estimating Halsey and Sam Smith/Normani. They will be NON-FACTORS next January, so don’t get hopes up. Normani isn’t getting shit. It’s Love Lies 2.0!

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh yeah I completely forgot about ASIB tbh.

fortunately the rest of america continues to love the soundtrack that went up 5 places going to # 16, in addition to returning to 2nd from iTunes.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 945 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.