Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 945 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Oz
DC95
dOminiK13_
  • Dishaa13
    Participant
    Topics:

The disrespect towards Pop in these threads is reflecting.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Post Malone didn’t belong in the pop category either, like Old Town Road.

Lil will also lose everything.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

What happened to your taste?

Couldn’t stand listening to the song more than twice. Shawn’s vocal delivery is good, but the song gets annoyingly repetitive especially with Camila’s autotune.

I’m not saying it’s a good song. I’m just saying that some of the other contenders are so bad that it makes Señorita look good.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t think OTR will be nominated in Pop if it’s submitted there. It doesn’t sound as Pop as Better Now. Better Now is simply put a Pop Song. And if the voters don’t think something sounds Pop enough they’ll pass it over. Examples of that are Pray For Me (in Best Pop Duo/GP) and B&B (in Best Pop Album). His RoTY may be his sole nomination if he submits in Pop. He’d have a much better chance in Rap.

OTR, has more chances in the country than in pop, the chances in the country are already minimal, their only chances of having something real are in rap

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

OTR, has more chances in the country than in pop, the chances in the country are already minimal, their only chances of having something real are in rap

The country field will reject it easily.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

the popularity of Lizzo grows more every minute, and I only hear good things about her, I wonder if she will become a problem for Billie in BNA
    And I really like Billie but I’m not convinced by this big hype train on her.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with the first part. But no I don’t think it’s the biggest lock. I won’t be surprised in the slightest if it is passed over in RoTY. If the committee had the audacity to completely shut out Ed Sheeran in 2017, they can definitely do to any artist. Heck they’d find it much easier to do it to Lil Nas since he’s memey.

Unless they can find 8 other songs that has the impact or that is by far superior to it, I don’t see how it misses. People need to stop using it and/or Lil Nas X being a “meme” against it. It’s 2019. Memes are what’s popular right now. And OTR has far exceeded just being a meme. People truly love the song. It’s cross genre appeal is huge right now (which is why people dismissing it going Pop is funny). It’s a hit across the board in streaming, sales and radio airplay.

With that being said, if Ed Sheeran can be snubbed, then anything’s possible. But I’m sure they didn’t want another Brit sweeping so soon and that’s why he was possibly left out, so that’s unrelated to OTR. I would say that OTR is bigger here stateside and is going up against smaller competition.

Name me bigger “locks” for nominations. I bet they’re more vulnerable than OTR.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

the popularity of Lizzo grows more every minute, and I only hear good things about her, I wonder if she will become a problem for Billie in BNA
    And I really like Billie but I’m not convinced by this big hype train on her.

Lizzo is most definitely a threat for BNA. She’s going to definitely have the urban field backing her after her much buzzed about performance at the BET Awards, and she’s crossing over to pop. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she wins BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Name me bigger “locks” for nominations. I bet they’re more vulnerable than OTR.

Well there aren’t locks this year. Sucker, Thank U Next, Without Me, Sunflower, Bad Guy are all vulnerable. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them misses out.

The Committee hasn’t been kind to pop stars recently. So that’s why a snub is possible. As for OTR, it is likely it’ll be nominated. So I agree with that, I was saying it wouldn’t shock me if they exclude it though. But yeah it’s a very weak year. Last year I Like It, God’s Plan and This Is America were virtual locks in RoTY. This year I can name none that’s truly a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

The country field will reject it easily.

exactly! rap is the only chance

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo is most definitely a threat for BNA. She’s going to definitely have the urban field backing her after her much buzzed about performance at the BET Awards, and she’s crossing over to pop. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she wins BNA.

Lizzo may have a nom in the BNA, she works since 2014. Will the rules be changed for her ??

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The rules don’t need to change for Lizzo. The current rules should work for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank U, Next is the biggest lock we have in SOTY/ROTY, Old Town Road is next, then we have Sucker, Sunflower, Bad Guy. Ed Sheeran already won in GF, they will NOT snub Old Town Road like they did with Shape Of You.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

TUN is not the biggest lock. It might not even be submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

It might not even be submitted.

Yep. Knowing her team… they can do anything.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 945 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.