Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 907 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

It might not even be submitted.

Yep. Knowing her team… they can do anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hiroshi899
    Participant
    Topics:

If submitted to Pop Duo/Group, Old Town Road will easily get in. This is a sensation and the Grammys will for sure want to include it and the opening performance of Old Town Road will be fire. Also, you are ALL severely over-estimating Halsey and Sam Smith/Normani. They will be NON-FACTORS next January, so don’t get hopes up. Normani isn’t getting shit. It’s Love Lies 2.0!

we get it you’re a Camila Stan but just because you dislike Normani doesn’t mean that DWAS is a non-factor. TBH DWAS reasoning for getting in would probably be the exact reasoning why Señorita will probably be overlooked. DWAS was released at the top of the year and is still in the top 20 with no heavy promo or radio deals like I’m guessing Señorita is going to get and is already getting. TBH I bet you Señorita becomes another ME! And get pushed out the top 10 in a couple weeks. Especially with all the heavy releasing that’s going to be going on from Early July to the end of eligibility period. So instead of trying to discredit someone else just keep streaming Señorita and pray it doesn’t fall into obscurity.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo may have a nom in the BNA, she works since 2014. Will the rules be changed for her ??

It worked for Alessia Cara

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank U, Next is the biggest lock we have in SOTY/ROTY, Old Town Road is next, then we have Sucker, Sunflower, Bad Guy. Ed Sheeran already won in GF, they will NOT snub Old Town Road like they did with Shape Of You.

Lizzo may have a nom in the BNA, she works since 2014. Will the rules be changed for her ??

A song that even most of ariana own fans forgot it’s not a lock

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Thomas Rhett’s ablum Center Point Road should definitely be considered for Best Country Album and I honestly think it’d be a great country pick for AOTY. It’s such an easy album to listen to and enjoy, even if you aren’t into country music. He blends genres so easily and its his most personal record yet. “Remember You Young” should easily be in contention for SOTY. Give it a listen!

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still not buying the Billie Eilish hype.

Honestly, Lizzo could surprise in BNA. She’s fun, she’s popular, she’s lightweight and not that deep, and she’ll get votes from Rap, R&B, and even Pop.

Billie Eilish just seems to classy for the Grammy’s. To me, she’ll end up like H.E.R this year: a singer-songwriter that lost BNA to a flashy pop star (Not to discredit Lizzo, I love her).

I still think she’ll win something (most likely Pop Vocal or BMV), and I still have her as my pick in BNA, but things are getting shaky. She isn’t even promoting, meanwhile Lizzo is going everywhere she can.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

The 62nd #GRAMMYs nominations will be announced November 20th.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

The 62nd #GRAMMYs nominations will be announced November 20th.

Yass Lord! I’m glad we won’t have to wait until December.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Robyn’s “Honey” finally get in anywhere. I’m hoping for Best Dance Album and Recording for “Honey”. She’s long overdue.

Honey would even be a solid General field contender. Both song and album

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

the popularity of Lizzo grows more every minute, and I only hear good things about her, I wonder if she will become a problem for Billie in BNA
    And I really like Billie but I’m not convinced by this big hype train on her.

Lizzo will lose to Billie. BNA, as of recent, goes to the safe, predictable, Pop choice (I.e. Alessia Cara, Meghan Trainor).

Billie has the hit single, good reviews, and “it” girl status. Lizzo’s best shot could be in Urban Contemporary Album.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo will lose to Billie. BNA, as of recent, goes to the safe, predictable, Pop choice (I.e. Alessia Cara, Meghan Trainor).

Billie has the hit single, good reviews, and “it” girl status. Lizzo’s best shot could be in Urban Contemporary Album.

Lizzo has a better chance at winning Best New Artist though than Urban Contemporary Album. (Which she’ll probably wont even be nominated for).

Lizzo’s only lock right now is a BNA nod. And she’s 2nd in line to win. Thats her best shot at a Grammy next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are hyping up Lizzo too much. She could end up like SZA with a lot of nominations that she doesn’t win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

First-round voting (for nominations) will take place from September 25 to October 10.

Final-round voting (for winners) is from December 9 to January 3.

Nominations day TBD.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Nominations day is November 20th.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Nominations day is November 20th.

Thanks. For some reason, the source I got that from said it hadn’t been announced yet.

Is DaBaby the likely rap pick for Best New Artist?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.