Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 907 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
dOminiK13_
M
  • Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

I don’t think Beyoncé wrote her song with Elton John. Elton John’s new original song will also be competing with his original for Rocketman so those could cancel each other out. And Beyoncé is not winning an Oscar lol, Frozen 2 is on the way.

Wake up!! King Lion is the biggest and best film in the history of Disney. is not losing to Frozen before even the material is released.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

If the song is a ballad, Beyoncé has a very good chance of winning the Oscar. Sequels don’t win the Original Song category and the last to do that was Toy Story 3, which was a Best Picture nominee and received 5 other nominations. Frozen 2 won’t be anywhere close to that.

And using common sense, she didn’t sign up for The Lion King for just “fun”. That bitch wants the Oscar, Emmy and Grammy all in the same year. She has the narrative to win all of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I highly doubt Beyoncé didn’t co-write anything. She obviously sees a chance to become an Oscar winner in this opportunity.

I hope she’s nominated and wins. But academy voters aren’t shy about snubbing big names sometimes. I still don’t understand how “Safe & Sound”, “Young & Beautiful” and “See U Again” all missed out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pupkin
    Topics:

What do you guys think about Caution? Mariah is a legend and despite of her comercial flop on this album she still have and recuperate a lot of her respect. Plus Caution is her best review record in years and gave to her your highest score in Metacritic.

I consider her to a slot in R&B album. And in a long shot to album of the year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“According to The Sun, theater legend Tim Rice, who working on the soundtrack for the animated original, has revealed that only four of the songs from the original soundtrack will be included in the “live-action” version of the film. Rice said that “Can You Feel The Love Tonight?,” “Hakuna Matata,” “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King,” and “Circle of Life” will be included and that he’s looking forward to working with collaborator Elton John and Beyonce on a new song for the end credits.”

The Sun. LOL. And that’s obviously inaccurate since those aren’t the only songs from the original movie in the new one.

And the director said Beyoncé worked on her original song with Lebo M and Hans Zimmer. I feel like if she collaborated with one of the most revered songwriters and performers in history, he might have at least hinted at that.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Who’s writing music for Frozen 2 if I may ask? Also, I don’t think Frozen 2 main song will be as big as Let It Go. At best I see it only reaching Top 20, songs for “children” are not as popular as they used to be. Happy, Can’t Stop This Feeling, Shake It Off, Let It Go were huge a few years back but nowadays, songs targeted mostly at kids and teems don’t do as good (example: Me!) and I don’t see the Frozen song smashing on charts full of trap songs. Bubblegum pop is almost dead and Disney won’t have a trap song in its film.</p>

Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez – the same Oscar-winning team behind “Let It Go” and “Remember Me.” Robert has won all of the EGOT awards multiple times. Good luck to Beyoncé if she plans to beat them at the Oscars.

And there have been plenty of non-chart hits that have won the Oscar, you sound ignorant. Especially since several of the songs you just named (“Can’t Stop the Feeling,” “Happy”) were not Oscar winners.

Wake up!! King Lion is the biggest and best film in the history of Disney. is not losing to Frozen before even the material is released.

The Lion King is the biggest and best film in the history of Disney… no thanks to Beyoncé, who wasn’t even known to the general population when it was released. Could you at least try to make your posts make a little bit of sense?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

They gotta stop with the Lopez at one point. They’re quite overrated.

I’d be disappointed if Beyoncé loses to them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

The Lion King is the biggest and best film in the history of Disney… no thanks to Beyoncé, who wasn’t even known to the general population when it was released. Could you at least try to make your posts make a little bit of sense?

did not say that Lion King had benefited from Beyoncé at the Oscars, in fact it seems to me to be the opposite if by chance Beyoncé wins will be by the weight and legacy of Lion King.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dOminiK13_
    Topics:

anyway we’re not just talking about Beyoncé, Elton should be the main songwriter here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CarlosEdu21
    Topics:

Today will be released a song with Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus and Lana del Rey for the Charlie’s Angels Soundtrack.

Ariana is also the executive producer of Charlie’s Angels Soundtrack along with Savan Kotecha (Bang Bang, Problem), Ilya Salmanzadeh (No Tears Left To Cry) and Max Martin.

Chaka Khan is also participating of the soundtrack with a song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Skies
    Topics:

I still don’t understand how “Safe & Sound”, “Young & Beautiful” and “See U Again” all missed out.

“Safe & Sound” was ineligible though I couldn’t find the exact reason why. Unfortunate, considering that it would’ve likely gotten in (given the Golden Globe nom and Visual Media Grammy win) and that it is one of the very best songs in her discography in my opinion. Probably in the top 10. She really should go in that folk/indie direction, but I digress.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Skies.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Skies.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pop Fan
    Topics:

Beyonce isn’t writing shit. She will just put her name on the list and sing the song. She is overrated as fuck!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.