Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 907 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Ariana wins the song catagories and Billie wins the Album Catagories. I could see Billie taking AOTY, BNA, BPVA, and Best Music Video. I could also see Ariana taking ROTY, SOTY and Best Pop Solo Performance.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie doesn’t sound as the typical winner in Pop Solo. And they won’t give Gaga the award again ACCEPT IT

Oh my only doubt is that Gaga may not be nominated again with a non-single.

But if the Grammy’s actually nominate her again with a non-single. You better bet she’s winning.

So for me, I’m not sure whether she’s going to be nominated again, but if she ends up in the list with a non-single again, then I’ll predict a win, just because it’ll reinforce the idea that pop voters love her now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still not buying all this Billie hype. She’s a slam dunk for BNA at the moment but other than that, I don’t see her winning anything besides Pop Vocal – and even there she could lose. A Pop Solo win is specially not happening with a previous winner, a 2x nominee with a bigger hit, and baity submissions from Halsey and Mendes. I also don’t know where this “you’re predicting Ariana for everything” comment comes from since I said she’ll only win 2 max. She’s not winning in the GF.

That said, Billie’s team should submit WTPO to SOTY and Pop Solo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

“Bad Guy” may NOT even be Billie Eilish’s Best Pop Solo Performance submission.

Most likely it will. When the Party’s Over would make more sense as a winner, but it wouldn’t be a lock for a nom to begin with. It wasn’t that big.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

bad guy doesnt sound like a BEST POP SOLO winner. I think Ariana has the edge.

But honestly, I would be open to someone else winning. Here’s hoping Rihanna’s lead single can get nominated and shake things up. That way that category can get interesting.

So far I’m predicting:

Pop Solo:

bad guy – Billie Eilish
    thank u, next – Ariana Grande
    Truth Hurts – Lizzo
    You Need to Calm Down – Taylor Swift
    Without Me – Halsey

Truth Hurts would be an odd Pop nominee. Rap/Sung feels more likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Maya Strauss
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh my only doubt is that Gaga may not be nominated again with a non-single. But if the Grammy’s actually nominate her again with a non-single. You better bet she’s winning. So for me, I’m not sure whether she’s going to be nominated again, but if she ends up in the list with a non-single again, then I’ll predict a win, just because it’ll reinforce the idea that pop voters love her now.

Gaga can get a nomination but a win is NOT happening. I don’t get your logic. Gaga has a big chance of being nominated and a small chance of winning, not the other way around. Get real, you are only saying this because you are a huge fan.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop solo had two giant smash hits on the noms, so for a song like joanne to win, it was definitly not a weak or easy category

Smash hits by Camila Cabello and Post Malone are not competition, they’re not taken seriously. I always said none of them was going to win and I was right. Her only competition was another flop(Colours) and an okay hit by Ariana(who was probably going to take it with No Tears Left to Cry if submitted). Joanne also was the only ballad nominated, which is another bonus in a Performance category.

This is America was much more than Just a “rap song” and everybody knows that, not to mention, shallow at that time didnt have the power that it has now, after the Oscars the song reached another level in charts and love from the GP, if it was now duas, Shallow would’ve won

Shallow was hands down the favorite to win SOTY, it didn’t. Rap songs never win SOTY regardless of their messages, many political songs like TIA were nominated before, they all lost. Besides, he had a much bigger chance to split his genre votes, while Gaga had all Pop voters for her.  She would’ve won if they loved her so much with all the Oscar buzz,  and the song was already very successful without a #1 peak.

Your giant hate for Gaga makes you Blind like a bat

Honey, P!nk is always nominated when eligible on the Pop Field, Gaga isn’t. That’s why Joanne’s nomination was surprising, it was an anomaly. If this was about “hating on Gaga”, I wouldn’t have predicted her to win for Joanne before Havana and Better Now months ago. P!nk has always been a perennial nominee, Gaga might become now, but she never was. She was nominated at her peak for very successful singles/albums, then she struggled to get nominations(Born This Way had only 3, ARTPOP none and Joanne 2 after a Superbowl, Coachella and lots of exposure in a weak year).

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

P!nk has always been a perennial nominee, Gaga might become now, but she never was. She was nominated at her peak for very successful singles/albums, then she struggled to get nominations(Born This Way had only 3, ARTPOP none and Joanne 2 after a Superbowl, Coachella and lots of exposure in a weak year).

Patently untrue. P!nk was ignored for both Try This and I’m Not Dead, which were underperformances (although the latter ultimately went on to be a sleeper hit).

Gaga has always had more credibility with the Grammys than P!nk, which is why she matched P!nk’s total career wins in 2010 and then passed her in 2011. As of this year, Gaga has 3x as many wins as P!nk.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop solo had two giant smash hits on the noms, so for a song like joanne to win, it was definitly not a weak or easy category Smash hits by Camila Cabello and Post Malone are not competition, they’re not taken seriously. I always said none of them was going to win and I was right. Her only competition was another flop(Colours) and an okay hit by Ariana(who was probably going to take it with No Tears Left to Cry if submitted). Joanne also was the only ballad nominated, which is another bonus in a Performance category. This is America was much more than Just a “rap song” and everybody knows that, not to mention, shallow at that time didnt have the power that it has now, after the Oscars the song reached another level in charts and love from the GP, if it was now duas, Shallow would’ve won Shallow was hands down the favorite to win SOTY, it didn’t. Rap songs never win SOTY regardless of their messages, many political songs like TIA were nominated before, they all lost. Besides, he had a much bigger chance to split his genre votes, while Gaga had all Pop voters for her. She would’ve won if they loved her so much with all the Oscar buzz, and the song was already very successful without a #1 peak. Honey, P!nk is always nominated when eligible on the Pop Field, Gaga isn’t. That’s why Joanne’s nomination was surprising, it was an anomaly. If this was about “hating on Gaga”, I wouldn’t have predicted her to win for Joanne before Havana and Better Now months ago. P!nk has always been a perennial nominee, Gaga might become now, but she never was. She was nominated at her peak for very successful singles/albums, then she struggled to get nominations(Born This Way had only 3, ARTPOP none and Joanne 2 after a Superbowl, Coachella and lots of exposure in a weak year).

Again, the song (shallow) wasn’t half of what it is today, after the Oscars. If shallow were to compete in the next year’s edition, it would take it all without any doubts. TIA is a rap song but it was extremely discussed in its time, all year round, and came from an artist who has a great respect from critics.

And sure, you’re really right, P!nk, who in her nearly 20-years of career which has garnered her 3 victories out of 19 Grammy nominations, has a much greater chance of being indicated with an extremely warm received album against Gaga, who in her 10 years of career got 9 victories of 24 nominations, with her album that was loved by both the public and critics

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Patently untrue. P!nk was ignored for both Try This and I’m Not Dead, which were underperformances (although the latter ultimately went on to be a sleeper hit).

Gaga has always had more credibility with the Grammys than P!nk, which is why she matched P!nk’s total career wins in 2010 and then passed her in 2011. As of this year, Gaga has 3x as many wins as P!nk.

Unless you’re talking about albums and Pop field… P!nk was nominated and won a Rock Grammy (which was essentially a pop Grammy at the time) for “Trouble,” which is on the Try This album and “Stupid Girls” was nominated for a Grammy and that’s on I’m Not Dead. So, P!nk has been nominated for every album/era, except her debut.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop solo had two giant smash hits on the noms, so for a song like joanne to win, it was definitly not a weak or easy category Smash hits by Camila Cabello and Post Malone are not competition, they’re not taken seriously. I always said none of them was going to win and I was right. Her only competition was another flop(Colours) and an okay hit by Ariana(who was probably going to take it with No Tears Left to Cry if submitted). Joanne also was the only ballad nominated, which is another bonus in a Performance category. This is America was much more than Just a “rap song” and everybody knows that, not to mention, shallow at that time didnt have the power that it has now, after the Oscars the song reached another level in charts and love from the GP, if it was now duas, Shallow would’ve won Shallow was hands down the favorite to win SOTY, it didn’t. Rap songs never win SOTY regardless of their messages, many political songs like TIA were nominated before, they all lost. Besides, he had a much bigger chance to split his genre votes, while Gaga had all Pop voters for her. She would’ve won if they loved her so much with all the Oscar buzz, and the song was already very successful without a #1 peak. Honey, P!nk is always nominated when eligible on the Pop Field, Gaga isn’t. That’s why Joanne’s nomination was surprising, it was an anomaly. If this was about “hating on Gaga”, I wouldn’t have predicted her to win for Joanne before Havana and Better Now months ago. P!nk has always been a perennial nominee, Gaga might become now, but she never was. She was nominated at her peak for very successful singles/albums, then she struggled to get nominations(Born This Way had only 3, ARTPOP none and Joanne 2 after a Superbowl, Coachella and lots of exposure in a weak year).

in any case, the situation is totally different now. Star Born made 6 million in 8 months. TF and TFM needed a full year to reach the same numbers. Shallow is on another level after the Oscars, two other songs are readable platinum, and another three are close to gold. Gaga had all this success and has an album that is totally Grammy. She has real chances of winning anything that is named.

let’s be honest INLA and ARUTW are better than any of the pop hits that will be competing in the pop categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still not buying all this Billie hype.

We know. You said it about ten times already.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

The Mother’s Daughter music video seems like a good pick for a Best Music Video nom. They love videos with political stances.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Boz.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Boz.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone start a new thread?

Voila

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga can get a nomination but a win is NOT happening. I don’t get your logic. Gaga has a big chance of being nominated and a small chance of winning, not the other way around. Get real, you are only saying this because you are a huge fan.

As a huge fan of Gaga myself, but someone who is not enjoying her newer stuff, she could win against Ariana. Joanne felt relatively unknown and I really didn’t pay attention to it until it won. To say that Gaga is out of the Pop Solo Race sounds peculiar.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.