Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 901 through 907 (of 907 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Again, the song (shallow) wasn’t half of what it is today, after the Oscars. If shallow were to compete in the next year’s edition, it would take it all without any doubts. TIA is a rap song but it was extremely discussed in its time, all year round, and came from an artist who has a great respect from critics.

I would agree if only for the fact is that it wasn’t discussed all year long. The song died out completely around August of last year. I feel although you are right on the standards it’s left a moment during the month of May. I think Shallow lost because the hyped died down at that time and it really didn’t leave a lasting impact until the Grammys. Although personally it probably wouldn’t have won still due the other people it was going up against others.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt any of the mainstream artist but Billie Eilish will get a Best Music Video nomination. If Adele’s Hello couldn’t get it then I doubt Ariana, JB, Miley, Cardi, or Lil Nas will. That category tends to favor something along the rap, Urban or Alternative field. Or something that has a political or Social message.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt any of the mainstream artist but Billie Eilish will get a Best Music Video nomination. If Adele’s Hello couldn’t get it then I doubt Ariana, JB, Miley, Cardi, or Lil Nas will. That category tends to favor something along the rap, Urban or Alternative field. Or something that has a political or Social message.

They just didn’t nominated Hello because it could have beat Formation. Adele was already winning everything, I guess they thought it wasn’t necessary. Beyonce losing AOTY was controversial enough, imagine her also losing BMV.

You’re right about what they tend to nominate. But about the mainstream artists there’s a clear tendency: 2 mainstream artists nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I would agree if only for the fact is that it wasn’t discussed all year long. The song died out completely around August of last year. I feel although you are right on the standards it’s left a moment during the month of May. I think Shallow lost because the hyped died down at that time and it really didn’t leave a lasting impact until the Grammys. Although personally it probably wouldn’t have won still due the other people it was going up against others.

if Shallow had been saved for the grammy 2020. Shallow would have the 4 grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

if Shallow had been saved for the grammy 2020. Shallow would have the 4 grammys.

I doubt it. There were other songs that were more radio friendly this time around then last year, where trap dominated the whole Grammy scene. It probably would have been a frontrunner if it won at least SOTY and TIA won record (which I wished happened) but it didn’t, which made me lose faith in the song losing to a political hip hop track.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Why did best music video turn into best video with a political and social message…? Before Formation the only music video I can think of that had a social message was we found love and that’s because it told Rihanna and CB’s story! Before that there was Bad Blood, Rolling in the Deep, Boom Boom Pow and most iconically Bad Romance. I wish they had a little bit of both every year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Why did best music video turn into best video with a political and social message…? Before Formation the only music video I can think of that had a social message was we found love and that’s because it told Rihanna and CB’s story! Before that there was Bad Blood, Rolling in the Deep, Boom Boom Pow and most iconically Bad Romance. I wish they had a little bit of both every year!

Mostly when I think of Best Music Video is what defines the artist at this time. I feel like I’m not Racist should have won against This is America because it just came off politically relevant as well. What I think what distinguishes This is America and Formation is how they convey the message. The look Donald Glover had probably would be a look that will define his career. Beyoncé on the Police Car going underwater is iconic and a symbol as well as when she was in formation in the parking lot with all those women. Kendrick’s use of the Last Supper including the Camera Angles. I think that’s why Billie Eilish has a strong chance because she conveys her visuals into her artwork.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 901 through 907 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.