Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 907 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +19 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Darren
dOminiK13_
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Miley has a #1 single and Grammy nomination. Can Selena Gomez say the same? Nope.

Not a Selena Gomez fan, but she’ll definitely have a longer career. Miley already reached her peak.

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to drag Miley, but she’s been making music for 10 years, and doesn’t even have 10 top 10 hits. If you take out Disney sales, she’s barely sold much. Ariana already outsold her SPS worldwide, and Selena Gomez will probably follow suit soon.

Honestly though. I feel like Miley and even Demi had a bigger advantage over Ariana and Selena because of Hannah Montana and Camp Rock. Camp Rock may not have given her the same success as Miley got but it defenitley put her into the music industry whereas Ariana and Selena never had a movie or TV show that gave them the ability to release music. Of course Ariana had Victorious but she never had a song to herself , she was always with Victoria and Liz. Miley had tours as Hannah Montana which really helped her when she became just Miley Cyrus.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you crazy?? Lol

Ariana Grande was on Victorious on Nickelodeon and she recorded songs for the soundtrack.

Selena Gomez has released plenty of singles for Disney Channel series and movies she starred in. All four girls already had some kind of experience in music before they broke out.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

He might get into Rock Album, but not AOTY. Western Stars is a very good album, but the AOTY category is simply too crowded.

Is it really? Someone please remind me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Todd Simpson
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a Selena Gomez fan, but she’ll definitely have a longer career. Miley already reached her peak.

Selena also reached her peak with Revival and it’s not comparable to Miley’s peak(Bangerz and Hannah Montana). Even Party in the USA is much bigger than anything by Selena.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you crazy?? Lol

Ariana Grande was on Victorious on Nickelodeon and she recorded songs for the soundtrack.

Selena Gomez has released plenty of singles for Disney Channel series and movies she starred in. All four girls already had some kind of experience in music before they broke out.

I think what Jared means is that Victorious and WOWP didn’t serve as promotion for any of their music (of course, their real music). Miley Cyrus was building a musical career while on Hannah Montana and was releasing songs and albums as Miley; same with Demi.

Though, to be fair, Selena had The Scene back when she was in Wizards. That said, she wasn’t a singer or anything really in the show, so the show itself wasn’t directly promoting her music.

Ariana’s case is more obvious because she released her debut album after she exited Victorious, and left Sam and Cat to pursue her music carreer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Selena also reached her peak with Revival and it’s not comparable to Miley’s peak(Bangerz and Hannah Montana). Even Party in the USA is much bigger than anything by Selena.

Revival was probably her Dangerous Woman. She’ll eventually peak higher most likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Todd Simpson
    Participant
    Topics:

Revival was probably her Dangerous Woman. She’ll eventually peak higher most likely.

I respect your opinion but I disagree considering how bad everything she released after It Ain’t Me(and she released A LOT of singles) did commercially. She killed her own buzz, apparently.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

My god Selena wishes she had a tenth of Miley’s talent.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

They only show I ever heard about was Hanna Montana. Never heard of the other girl’s shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe because revival was her last album… That’s like saying Ariana’s peak was Dangerous woman because those singles she released with cashmere cat didn’t do to well.

ReplyCopy URL
    HDSings
    Participant
    Topics:

Any news on new Kendrick Lamar? Also what do you guys feel IGOR’s chances are?

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

IGOR in my opinion should keep going and it would really help it’s chances being nominated in AOTY. Personally, that and Billie Eilish’s are my favorite of the bunch this year, so I want to see it’s success rather than the others like Ariana and Lady Gaga.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Black Panther 2020 lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8515935/billie-eilish-finneas-siblings-grammy-nominations-2019

Should we suspect that Billie is a front runner for Album of the Year already. I mean there could be good material dropping in the next 2 months, but I doubt that there would be an array to drop a contestable album.

Honestly, the only ones that could be nominated this year that hasn’t released an album is Taylor Swift or Chance the Rapper maybe Tame Impala, but personally I think this are the best we gonna get.

My Predictions:

Album of the Year:

1. WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?- Billie Eilish
    2. Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande

Record of the Year:

1. Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande
    2. Old Town Road (REMIX) – Lil Nas X feat. Billie Ray Cyrus

Song of the Year:

1. Thank U, Next- Ariana Grande
    2. Without Me- Halsey

Best New Artist

1. Billie Eilish
    2. Lizzo

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 907 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.