Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,006 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Oz
M
  • Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

not AOTY? she’s a top contender

She’s not winning AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not winning AOTY.

ohhhhhhh…. I thought you meant nominated lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

ohhhhhhh…. I thought you meant nominated lol

I meant winning.

She’ll surely get AOTY, BNA, Pop Vocal, Pop Solo, and BMV noms. I could see When the Party’s Over getting SOTY + ROTY noms but she probably won’t submit it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I meant winning. She’ll surely get AOTY, BNA, Pop Vocal, Pop Solo, and BMV noms. I could see When the Party’s Over getting SOTY + ROTY noms but she probably won’t submit it.

I predict BNA, Pop vocal album. and Best music video for Bury A Friend…. still not ever that video omggggg.

if she won aoty that’ll be such a plot twist loll

ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X releasing a thousand shitty remixes is the height of insanity. I hope he gets completely snubbed for this foolishness. This shit’s getting old. He’s blocked the entire music industry from the number 1 spot for half the year.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Chubby706.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Chubby706.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad Guy has never been the big contender some of y’all want it to be. I wouldn’t be surprised if it only gets into Pop Solo. Billie’s best chances have been and will be Pop Vocal and BNA. Anything other than that is a reach.

It’s absolutely in for Record of the Year (the closest thing to a lock there this year) and likely Song of the Year as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s absolutely in for Record of the Year (the closest thing to a lock there this year) and likely Song of the Year as well.

I know you’re very passionate about this topic so I’ll leave it at “I disagree”.

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone who saw the clips knew it was gonna be a hot mess. The hive were delusional to think otherwise. Like I said before, this was never even a lock for a nomination let alone a win.

I will say it’s funny seeing swifties dragging this when we all know cats will get the same type of reaction lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone who saw the clips knew it was gonna be a hot mess. The hive were delusional to think otherwise. Like I said before, this was never even a lock for a nomination let alone a win. I will say it’s funny seeing swifties dragging this when we all know cats will get the same type of reaction lmao

ugh I thought we were past this lol. Like I’ve said, the reception to the movie has nothing to do with the song or peoples opinions of the song.

i’m over this discussion tho hehehe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I was talking about this with a friend just now.

we both agree that Billie is 100% getting Best New Artist, but do y’all think shell fall into the curse? in simpler terms do yall think Billie could have lasting power in this industry?

if anyone care about what I have to say lol…. I think she has a lot to learn still. Good things she’s 17 and will have plenty of time to learn and adjust. If her debut album was this good (yes, I thought it was really good, drag me) imagine her albums when she’s 20.

anyways..lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

“Spirit” is much better than the Elton John song… The movie ain’t getting good reviews, but I’m hoping Bey can break through on her own.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

“Spirit” is much better than the Elton John song… The movie ain’t getting good reviews, but I’m hoping Bey can break through on her own.

you’re in for it. lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Radiogagahead
    Participant
    Topics:

I expect Billie to be nominated in nearly every category she is eligible for. That being said, she will not sweep.

Right now I’d bet on “Thank U, Next” over “Bad Guy” in Pop Solo.

And I think Gaga’s main challenge will be getting the nomination for AOTY. If she does, I think she could have it in the bag… seriously, who else exists?

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

A Star Is Born is getting the nomination for Album of the Year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

I was talking about this with a friend just now.

we both agree that Billie is 100% getting Best New Artist, but do y’all think shell fall into the curse? in simpler terms do yall think Billie could have lasting power in this industry?

if anyone care about what I have to say lol…. I think she has a lot to learn still. Good things she’s 17 and will have plenty of time to learn and adjust. If her debut album was this good (yes, I thought it was really good, drag me) imagine her albums when she’s 20.

anyways..lol

I think Billie Eilish’s career could go one of three ways:

1) She pulls a Lorde, steps back for a few years, just to come back with massive acclaim but less sales.

2) She pulls a Halsey and sells out while exploiting her personal life in the process and becoming even bigger.

3) or she pulls an Alessia Cara and flops despite making good music.

I’m betting on number 1.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 1,006 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.