Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 959 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +27 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
M
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve already told you a lot of things around here that you basically prefer to close your eyes about And call you Blind as a bat it’s not really a insult lol

because its really not fair to count Beyonce out for anything like everything she released wasn’t highly praised by the GP and top contenders for major awards. Mentioning TLK is irrelevant because its literally not her fault the movie isn’t doing good review wise.

im not blind, I see what you’re saying and I disagree, not because im a Stan… but because its not true.

im apologize for doing too much here but its honestly annoying when people who don’t understand the work Beyonce is doing is being pushed off to the side like it never happened.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

And? So did most of goldderby for months. Plus, failing in one prediction doesnt mean I’m wrong everytime. What the fuck is this weak shade? Get a life

We got your back, girl!

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

because its really not fair to count Beyonce out for anything like everything she released wasn’t highly praised by the GP and top contenders for major awards. Mentioning TLK is irrelevant because its literally not her fault the movie isn’t doing good review wise. im not blind, I see what you’re saying and I disagree, not because im a Stan… but because its not true. im apologize for doing too much here but its honestly annoying when people who don’t understand the work Beyonce is doing is being pushed off to the side like it never happened.

EIL was also very praised and didnt garantend any indication in the Big 4 for Bey or Jay Z

Do you really think that when Beyoncé releases “The Gift” and has to choose between submitting on aoty her latest album with original songs vs. the album without hype with re-recordings that although acclaimed only the fans remember, which one she will choose?

The Gift will need to be a very terrible and weak album on the charts so she chooses to put HC in its place

And besides the best musical film, what else can HC be indicated in the Grammy?

As for LK’s ST, it is not right to say that the bad reception of the film has only to do with Beyoncé but we can not deny that she is part responsible for this, and in this case I am talking about the two songs of her in the film. CYFTLT has been heavily criticized which will completely alienate voters from the Grammy and Spirit has a mix reception but nothing that currently guarantees a total victory over anyone, especially with the great competition yet to come and Sunflower existing

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

And? So did most of goldderby for months. Plus, failing in one prediction doesnt mean I’m wrong everytime. What the fuck is this weak shade? Get a life

omg.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

EIL was also very praised and didnt garantend any indication in the Big 4 for Bey or Jay Z Do you really think that when Beyoncé releases “The Gift” and has to choose between submitting on aoty her latest album with original songs vs. the album without hype with re-recordings that although acclaimed only the fans remember, which one she will choose? The Gift will need to be a very terrible and weak album on the charts so she chooses to put HC in its place And besides the best musical film, what else can HC be indicated in the Grammy? As for LK’s ST, it is not right to say that the bad reception of the film has only to do with Beyoncé but we can not deny that she is part responsible for this, and in this case I am talking about the two songs of her in the film. CYFTLT has been heavily criticized which will completely alienate voters from the Grammy and Spirit has a mix reception but nothing that currently guarantees a total victory over anyone, especially with the great competition yet to come and Sunflower existing

HC will obviously only be for AOTY. HC is the most critically acclaimed project of the year. Many Live albums have been nominated and won AOTY. For as forgotten as it has become, being a 40- track live album, its still included on Best albums of mid year 2019 on multiple music publications. Just because most of this thread has forgot about it which isn’t surprising* considering their picks for winners, including yours. I would say much more than her fans remember it. Obviously studio albums are easier to listen than Live which is why it can be “forgotten” but with the great reactions it got the Academy can’t look past it. If you forgot about it you most likely didn’t understand the cultural impact what it meant to people which from judging by most of the peoples in this threads music taste is might be the case.

Beyonce is still not responsible for the songs getting the reaction they got. Spirit got good reviews and CYF wasted reviews because of Beyonce over powering Donald, still not her fault that Donald has no range. and The Gift is only gonna have Spirit and the song she wrote with Hans Zimmer. The rest is gonna be a collaborative effort similar to Kendricks for the Black Panther. I also still don’t know why were talking about TLK…. but ok.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways,

Ed’s album is number one on Itunes with most of the singles charting

Bad Guy remix is #6 but #1 trending on YT

Bad Guy solo is #10

OTR remix part. 122324 is nowhere to be found..?!?!

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed serving more talent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkxLRuSteI

I’m living for the music videos of this era

ReplyCopy URL
    FierceJersey
    Participant
    Topics:
    • I repeat, Beyonce’s name will be all over this award season, the way Gaga was.
    • That was how 4:44 and 24K magic seemed forgettable and they got massive nominations that year.
    • Beyonce should not be underestimated. She has come a long way to be entirely snubbed for the 3 projects she has been involved in.
    • I don’t know about her winning. But she will rake in massive nominations.
    • Also, the video for Spirit would further push the song. The song doesn’t need massive chart success.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317141

Lol even HDD couldn’t come up with 8 AoTY nominees. For now they have Billie, Ariana, Khalid, Gaga and Tyler.

I don’t see Khalid getting in though. I’d replace him with Lizzo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed serving more talent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkxLRuSteI I’m living for the music videos of this era

that video was cute. He’s showing us his quirky side!

South of the border is rumored to be the next and last single

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317141 Lol even HDD couldn’t come up with 8 AoTY nominees. For now they have Billie, Ariana, Khalid, Gaga and Tyler. I don’t see Khalid getting in though. I’d replace him with Lizzo.

According to Billboard Khalid was a top contender for AOTY too. idk why but…

*its probably gonna be 8 noms again, but this time with a lot of fillers

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:
    • I repeat, Beyonce’s name will be all over this award season, the way Gaga was.
    • That was how 4:44 and 24K magic seemed forgettable and they got massive nominations that year.
    • Beyonce should not be underestimated. She has come a long way to be entirely snubbed for the 3 projects she has been involved in.
    • I don’t know about her winning. But she will rake in massive nominations.
    • Also, the video for Spirit would further push the song. The song doesn’t need massive chart success.

Point #1. Beyoncé’s name couldn’t be all over the awards season like Gaga’s last year unless her performance as Nala gets Best Actress buzz at the Oscars, lol.

Point #2. Neither 4:44 or 24K Magic seemed forgettable. It was def a surprise to see 4:44 nominated so much, but 24K Magic was widely predicted to get most of the noms it received.

Points #3 & #4. Beyonce has a total of 23 Grammy Award wins and 66 nominations. The Recording Academy has come to the point where they have realized they do not owe Beyonce anything. They no longer just name check her noms… she has to earn them. Which is why in recent years she’s been snubbed from some categories. In no way shape or form has Homecoming or The Lion King earned Beyonce the right to sweep the Grammys this year with noms or wins. She still has her other Lion King project yet to be released, so we’ll see in term of that.

Point #5. Spirit is D.O.A. The most you could hope for is a Grammy nom for Best Written Song for a Visual Media. A music video won’t do anything and yes, the song would need to be a hit in order to get Grammy attention (not necessarily film awards attention).

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317141

Lol even HDD couldn’t come up with 8 AoTY nominees. For now they have Billie, Ariana, Khalid, Gaga and Tyler.

I don’t see Khalid getting in though. I’d replace him with Lizzo.

I have both Lizzo and Khalid in AOTY. I see Tyler missing tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s crazy how the eligibility period ends in just over a month and we’re still lacking strong contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 959 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.