Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 959 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +27 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
M
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Best r&b song (spirit, before I let go)

“Before I Let Go” would only be eligible for Best R&B Performance, not Song. It’s a cover.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Whitney Houston will receive a posthumous nomination for “Higher Love”. That song/remix is amazing and it’s climbing the charts.

I can see it being nominated in Best Dance Recording.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Whitney Houston will receive a posthumous nomination for “Higher Love”. That song/remix is amazing and it’s climbing the charts.

I can see it being nominated in Best Dance Recording.

Whitney wouldn’t be credited since her vocals were recorded more than five years ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Khalid is massively popular and has had a slew of hits this year, which the Grammys tend to appreciate.

It’s like Post Malone this year or Katy Perry with Teenage Dream

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Whitney wouldn’t be credited since her vocals were recorded more than five years ago.

Shit, that thing was recorded more than 25 years ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s like Post Malone this year or Katy Perry with Teenage Dream

Not comparable. Khalid has zero #1s, Katy had 6 #1s in Teenage Dream (Firework, Teenage Dream, California Gurls, California Gurls, Last Friday Night and Part Of Me), also Wide Awake and The One That Got Away. Khalid has 1 decent hit (Better) and one big hit that’s still by far not comparable to Teenage Dream’s singles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Not comparable. Khalid has zero #1s, Katy had 6 #1s in Teenage Dream (Firework, Teenage Dream, California Gurls, California Gurls, Last Friday Night and Part Of Me), also Wide Awake and The One That Got Away. Khalid has 1 decent hit (Better) and one big hit that’s still by far not comparable to Teenage Dream’s singles.

Katy only had 2 number ones from Teenage Dream at the time it was nominated.

Khalid has had two big hits this year with “Better” and “Talk,” the residual success of “Eastside” (still in the top 40 a year later), “Beautiful People” with Ed Sheeran taking off now, and many of his album tracks have high streaming numbers. Familiarize yourself with the stats. He is very popular.

And having a #1 hit is not a prerequisite for an AOTY nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy only had 2 number ones from Teenage Dream at the time it was nominated. Khalid has had two big hits this year with “Better” and “Talk,” the residual success of “Eastside” (still in the top 40 a year later), “Beautiful People” with Ed Sheeran taking off now, and many of his album tracks have high streaming numbers. Familiarize yourself with the stats. He is very popular. And having a #1 hit is not a prerequisite for an AOTY nomination.

Wow, you think you did something here. I didn’t said Khalid is not getting in AOTY (he probably is because of 8 nominees), I just said that Katy was by far bigger in 2011/12 than Khalid is today, Post Malone is what Katy was in 2011/12, not Khalid. Khalid is on Halsey/Camila Cabello level of success, not Katy Perry in 2011/12

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

And? So did most of goldderby for months. Plus, failing in one prediction doesnt mean I’m wrong everytime. What the fuck is this weak shade? Get a life

But she didn’t win!

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Desperation irritates me. I hope Lil Nas X doesn’t break the record and Señorita never gets the #1 Shawn and Miss Havana are so desperate to get their claws into. Geez.

Rooting for Billie, at least she never had a #1 hit before, as much as I dislike the song itself.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Golden Hour was predicted by everyone, not a surprise. Hopefully it’s her last AoTY nomination and win. She’s boring.

Me thinking about Lady Gaga and her manufactured hype.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I and many others predicted Golden Hour winning/nominated from early in the year.

Was Morning Phase and The Suburbs a popular prediction from the beginning? I  can’t remember if those were out of the blue or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I and many others predicted Golden Hour winning/nominated from early in the year. Was Morning Phase and The Suburbs a popular prediction from the beginning? I can’t remember if those were out of the blue or not.

there are many “Golden Hour” type album released this year that could surprise us. we have

– Legacy! Legacy! – Jamila Woods

– Heard it in a Past Life – Maggie Rodgers.

– Titanic Rising – Weyes Blood (my personal fav)

– Psychodrama – Dave

* to answer your original question no I don’t remember either, most likely tho. I only remember The Suburbs as a child, I really liked it.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Pauly Antonio.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga is winning the AOTY. Sorry for seeming repetitive or obsessed, but I can not think of anyone else or album.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Me thinking about Lady Gaga and her manufactured hype.

Girl….

People thought I was obsessed with Ariana, but you’re totally on another level.

It almost sounds like you have a personal feud with her. Do you know her in real life? Did she do something to you?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 959 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.