Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 959 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +27 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
M
  • MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I and many others predicted Golden Hour winning/nominated from early in the year. Was Morning Phase and The Suburbs a popular prediction from the beginning? I can’t remember if those were out of the blue or not.

The Suburbs I believe not. Morning Phase was always considered a contender in here because it was acclaimed and Beck had previous AOTY noms; I’ve seen a few old threads about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl…. People thought I was obsessed with Ariana, but you’re totally on another level. It almost sounds like you have a personal feud with her. Do you know her in real life? Did she do something to you?

I’m just defending my girl.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Golden Hour was predicted by everyone, not a surprise.

Hopefully it’s her last AoTY nomination and win.

She’s boring.

Here, here! (burying my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Honest question: what’s up with all the hype around Titanic Rising? I listened to it and found it incredibly underwhelming.

ReplyCopy URL
    bena
    Participant
    Topics:

no idea. it has pretty strong numbers on metacritic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I just listened to No. 6 Collaborations Project or whatever and…..*sigh* why, Edward?

He will get two usual Pop nominations. Maybe 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam & Normani coming for SOTY/ROTY  

At this point, I feel like they will be shut out at this point. The song charted well, but my faith in them have been lost especially with Love Lies, a song that personally is better than the Sam Smith track and was even shut out of the R&B catagories. So my faith is them is very low.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I feel like they will be shut out at this point. The song charted well, but my faith in them have been lost especially with Love Lies, a song that personally is better than the Sam Smith track and was even shut out of the R&B catagories. So my faith is them is very low.

and for a song released in January, it’s still in the top 20, it’s still charting well plus eligible 2xPlatinum, i Don’t see them completely getting shut out, Pop Duo is very likely in the cards but i can understand you’re reasoning but like I said before, this is different compared to that.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

On critical acclaim, Beyoncé has one of the best Live Albums of the decade hands down. But I don’t think it’s Grammy worthy this year. It’s basically a greatest hits record, but with a huge catalogue and large acclaim. I feel like the band pulled of why I loved the record so much and the regal sound towards the project. Preferably I would have it in AOTY than ASIB Soundtrack but to say Beyonce has the same track record this year as Gaga is ubsurd. Gaga sold millions of records, went number one when many were questioning her comback.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

Here, here! (burying my head) God bless you always!!! Holly

Ain’t you a shady bitch!

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

and for a song released in January, it’s still in the top 20, it’s still charting well plus eligible 2xPlatinum, i Don’t see them completely getting shut out, Pop Duo is very likely in the cards but i can understand you’re reasoning but like I said before, this is different compared to that.

Personally, I can understand and it’s widely agreed and known that Sam’s track is commercially successful. But I feel like Sam won for different reasons in 2015 than with DWAS now. This songs is definitely out of his wheelhouse coming from a Male Adele to a dance pop sound. I like this sound right now, but I am not sure the recording academy will. Still a great listen.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally, I can understand and it’s widely agreed and known that Sam’s track is commercially successful. But I feel like Sam won for different reasons in 2015 than with DWAS now. This songs is definitely out of his wheelhouse coming from a Male Adele to a dance pop sound. I like this sound right now, but I am not sure the recording academy will. Still a great listen.

But, he’s always done dance/EDM on occasion since the start of his career, so him going full Pop really isn’t shocking as it seems, since the GP has been lowkey kind of his slow ballad route, the new evolution of his music has brought some attention back to him, I still see DWAS get at least one nomination, Sam & Normani deserves it…

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  OneAndOnly.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  OneAndOnly.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Honest question: what’s up with all the hype around Titanic Rising? I listened to it and found it incredibly underwhelming.

Titanic Rising is probably if not the best albums of this year. I know it’s hard to get through the first time because when I was listening to the album for the first time I was paying attention more to the production and distinction from each track. But hands down has the best songwriting. This album harkens back to the old baroque pop sound of the 1970s or has a pet sounds vibe by The Beach Boys. Girl if you don’t like Everyday, the cherry production that sounds like it would have chart in 1972. Or the best song of the album, Movies, in which has this weird synth arpeggio. I feel like this album is the baroque pop version of golden hour. Again don’t expect to fall in love with this album at first glance. It’s a grower. But give it days to listen to the album. That helped drastically.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

If you guys are looking for the best critical albums of the year, look at Album of the Year’s User Score. It takes reviews from Random People who withhold the same viewpoints as you. Unlike Pitchfork, critics wont rate Cardi B’s Invasion as critically acclaimed.

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/user-highest-rated/2019/

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 959 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.