Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 959 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +27 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
M
  • ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

But, he’s always done dance/EDM on occasion since the start of his career, so him going full Pop really isn’t shocking as it seems, since the GP has been lowkey kind of his slow ballad route, the new evolution of his music has brought some attention back to him, I still see DWAS get at least one nomination, Sam & Normani deserves it…

Latch was a hit. But as a main artist, he really hasn’t had something like that on his two albums. It’s more mellow pop anthems, most of this stuff I haven’t cared for. I definitely think they should be in at least Pop Duo, but Pop Duo is really hard to predict in my opinion. So I would wait until the nomination comes out to rally for it. Again a shift within his singles and something I am looking forward to listening to in the future.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

If you guys are looking for the best critical albums of the year, look at Album of the Year’s User Score. It takes reviews from Random People who withhold the same viewpoints as you. Unlike Pitchfork, critics wont rate Cardi B’s Invasion as critically acclaimed. https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/user-highest-rated/2019/

Whats the difference between this and Metacritic?

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Latch was a hit. But as a main artist, he really hasn’t had something like that on his two albums. It’s more mellow pop anthems, most of this stuff I haven’t cared for. I definitely think they should be in at least Pop Duo, but Pop Duo is really hard to predict in my opinion. So I would wait until the nomination comes out to rally for it. Again a shift within his singles and something I am looking forward to listening to in the future.

The second single of his upcoming is dropping next week. “How Do You Sleep”

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I won’t be surprised if Ed shows up in AoTY. He released the best album this year honestly.

But the fact that it’s a side project hurts its chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Weyes Blood can be considered for Best New Artist. She’s on her fourth album… but technically it’s her third since her first album was self released and not even on an indie label.

As far as the 30 tracks rule… combining all 3 albums she only has released 29 songs. So one could presume that she’s eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl…. People thought I was obsessed with Ariana, but you’re totally on another level. It almost sounds like you have a personal feud with her. Do you know her in real life? Did she do something to you?

This is because you didnt see her talking about Gaga in the Oscar thread of Best actress this year

She is a sugar doll right now compared with herself back in there

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Weyes Blood can be considered for Best New Artist. She’s on her fourth album… but technically it’s her third since her first album was self released and not even on an indie label. As far as the 30 tracks rule… combining all 3 albums she only has released 29 songs. So one could presume that she’s eligible.

did you count her EPs? EPs count as albums!

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Whats the difference between this and Metacritic?

Well user scores is a unified consensus of an album rather than publications stating that this album is good when the general public thinks the album is terrible. Like for example, Pitchfork’s Album of the Year was Mitski’s Be the Cowboy, while imo was an okay record. But one of my favorite records of last year were Kids See Ghosts’ Self Titled, Daughters You Won’t Get What You Want, Rosalia’s El Mal Querer, and Denzel Curry’s TA1300 in terms of quality. Again I feel like this sight will most likely predict what albums will be talked about albums during a certain time frame. This is not for those wanting to see Ariana Grande’s Thank U, Next as the Best Album of 2019.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I won’t be surprised if Ed shows up in AoTY. He released the best album this year honestly.

But the fact that it’s a side project hurts its chances.

[/quote
    Gurl…

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran will get in Album of the Year. The album is actually better than his last.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album:

Ariana Grande
    Taylor Swift
    Billie Eilish
    Madonna
    Ed Sheeran

Yes I think Madonna deserves to get in. She honestly dropped one of the best albums this year.
    She should honestly even be considered in ROTY for “God Control”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Well user scores is a unified consensus of an album rather than publications stating that this album is good when the general public thinks the album is terrible. Like for example, Pitchfork’s Album of the Year was Mitski’s Be the Cowboy, while imo was an okay record. But one of my favorite records of last year were Kids See Ghosts’ Self Titled, Daughters You Won’t Get What You Want, Rosalia’s El Mal Querer, and Denzel Curry’s TA1300 in terms of quality. Again I feel like this sight will most likely predict what albums will be talked about albums during a certain time frame. This is not for those wanting to see Ariana Grande’s Thank U, Next as the Best Album of 2019.

the scores on AOTY is similar to the scores on MC lol. Homecoming is the highest critic score on both and I think Titanic Rising is the highest when talking about studio albums.

* and Rosalia to take home Best Spanish Pop Album lol

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Weyes Blood can be considered for Best New Artist. She’s on her fourth album… but technically it’s her third since her first album was self released and not even on an indie label. As far as the 30 tracks rule… combining all 3 albums she only has released 29 songs. So one could presume that she’s eligible.

I mean I suppose, but Indie artists never really get in BNA. In my opinion, I honestly don’t care about BNA. They make stupid rules when people winning didn’t release a project during the eligibility period. They need to update it and call it Breakout Artist of the Year or something because it’s a sin that Post Malone and Cardi B weren’t even allow to be in it last year and even Lizzo might be snubbed her due to her circling the underground.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Gurl…

I know you’re obsessed with hating on him, so…

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

* and Rosalia to take home Best Spanish Pop Album lol

She’ll probably compete in Best Latin Alternative/Urban Album alongside fellow collaborators J Balvin and Bad Bunny.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 959 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.