Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,006 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
M
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

So apparently all the Grammys we’re delivered today. Tori Kelly had to get hers a Walgreens.

ReplyCopy URL
    Taylor Wikoff
    Participant
    Topics:

“A different level of musicianship when it comes to Beyoncé” is what your full sentence should read.

Ok, but she doesn’t write her music and doesn’t play an instrument. How can we consider her to be this God among musicians we she doesn’t, you know, involve herself in the creation of her music to a significant degree. The only argument going for her is that she shows musicality in her singing, but even that’s a stretch. You’ll literally just pressed that people are pointing out something with your fav. She’s a fantastic performer, nobody doubts that,  but she is objectively not much of a musician. Sorry if you can’t accept that because of your delusion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

“A different level of musicianship when it comes to Beyoncé” is what your full sentence should read. Ok, but she doesn’t write her music and doesn’t play an instrument. How can we consider her to be this God among musicians we she doesn’t, you know, involve herself in the creation of her music to a significant degree. The only argument going for her is that she shows musicality in her singing, but even that’s a stretch. You’ll literally just pressed that people are pointing out something with your fav. She’s a fantastic performer, nobody doubts that, but she is objectively not much of a musician. Sorry if you can’t accept that because of your delusion.

why tf do you care so much? lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana wasn’t taken seriously as an artist until Sweetener happened. It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that Dangerous Woman and My Everything lost their noms. In fact, I think it’s telling that they let her compete with such big artists despitr still making kinda generic pop music.

I love how you like to pretend that Ariana had any chance of winning a Grammy before Sweetener. Even if she wrote Dangerous Woman and My Everything by her lonesome she was not beating Sam Smith or Adele. In any scenario ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Taylor Wikoff
    Participant
    Topics:

why tf do you care so much? lol

So I can’t discuss on a discussion board, specifically when it’s a reply to one of my comments???

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

So I can’t discuss on a discussion board, specifically when it’s a reply to one of my comments???

You’re doing too much trying to prove something that’s already been proven.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/beyonce-writes-her-own-songs

ReplyCopy URL
    Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

I love how you like to pretend that Ariana had any chance of winning a Grammy before Sweetener. Even if she wrote Dangerous Woman and My Everything by her lonesome she was not beating Sam Smith or Adele. In any scenario ever.

tbh i did not expect her to beat Taylor Swift and she did so

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Did you read the post? I said that she was lucky to be a nominee in the past…

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess you can’t expect everyone to know how to read.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

tbh i did not expect her to beat Taylor Swift and she did so

Context matters. Would she have beat 1989? No. But Reputation underperformed, and on top of that, Ariana got in Pop Solo Performance over Taylor with a smaller hit, which was an early tip-off that Taylor’s support this year wasn’t very strong.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  DC95.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  DC95.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

“A different level of musicianship when it comes to Beyoncé” is what your full sentence should read. Because she is such a talent in multiple areas, people constantly look for areas to bring her down and writing is their favorite. Y’all don’t Frank Sinatra; Elvis; Diana Ross; Whitney Houston; Celine Dion’s musicianship ..

Frank Sinatra, Celine, Whitney didn’t have a writing credit. They didn’t write their songs but they weren’t pretending and trying to get their name on the credits. Beyonce is selfish, she can’t admit that somebody else solely wrote the song, she got the writing credit for Perfect Duet, lmao.

Ne-yo wrote 100% of Irreplaceable

Halo was written by Ryan Tedder and was offered to Leona Lewis as well

Single Ladies, Who Runs The World, Love On Top were written by The Dream

Beyonce doesn’t even have a credit on If I Were A Boy- that was a song written by an unsigned singer and then Beyoncé heard it and recorded it.

She didn’t write almost anything on Lemonade, she just chose different songs and out them on the album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana wasn’t taken seriously as an artist until Sweetener happened. It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that Dangerous Woman and My Everything lost their noms.

I read the Post. You insinuated that had she was “taken serious” back then as an artist that she had a shot possibly winning. But then dialed back to reality to say that she was lucky enough to be in good company while nominated. I was just saying that even if it was the current Ariana (Assuming you think she’s taken seriously now) that was competing in those years.. that she still would have loss. That’s the case I was making.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Deemy.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Deemy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Frank Sinatra, Celine, Whitney didn’t have a writing credit. They didn’t write their songs but they weren’t pretending and trying to get their name on the credits. Beyonce is selfish, she can’t admit that somebody else solely wrote the song, she got the writing credit for Perfect Duet, lmao. Ne-yo wrote 100% of Irreplaceable Halo was written by Ryan Tedder and was offered to Leona Lewis as well Single Ladies, Who Runs The World, Love On Top were written by The Dream Beyonce doesn’t even have a credit on If I Were A Boy- that was a song written by an unsigned singer and then Beyoncé heard it and recorded it. She didn’t write almost anything on Lemonade, she just chose different songs and out them on the album.

perfect duet – Beyoncé switched gender nouns. That’s writing

irreplaceable- Neyo wrote and gave it to Beyoncé. Added her own words “two damn totally different songs, with all the harmonies and extra stuff that she put in there…. So, yeah, I gave her writer’s credit,” he explained. “Because that counts. That’s writing…. She put her spin on it.” – Neyo

Halo – “that bridge on her version is completely different to my original one. Basically, she came in, ditched that, edited it, did her vocal thing on it, and now it’s become one of my favorite parts of the song. The whole melody, she wrote it spontaneously in the studio. So her credit on that song stems from that.” – Ryan Tedder

Single Ladies – Those “uh-oh’s” were Beyoncé’s.

If I were a boy- she didn’t get credit

the songs on lemonade took about 2-5 people to write. It looks long because she had to credit the samples.

moral of the story is, yes, Beyoncé doesn’t write 100% of her own songs most of the time. But she has 100% involvement in everything she releases. Beyoncé is a master of adding little tiny details that no one can think of and it automatically makes the song better. Beyoncé is the standard, when you’re as talented as her, who gives a shit what she write. The only person bothered IS YOU.

lets talk about something else now :)))

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana has a special message for M: http://instagram.com/p/Bz_K7jBluh9

wouldn’t that message be meant for you since you said she would never win one?

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t get what’s the big deal behind artists not writing their songs. People seem to forget that many of the legends (Aretha, Whitney, even Celine) didn’t write many (or any) of their biggest hits. It’s really not that big of a deal. I’d take Beyoncé singing someone else’s words over some other popstars failing to write good music.

most people don’t think it’s a big deal to not write your own songs. only stans of people like taylor swift make a big deal about in stan wars. the problem is when artists take credit and call themselves songwriters. or when their fans live in delusion and believe their fav is a songwriter (case in point the last few pages). i do applaud bey for not coming up on stage to accept SOTY when single ladies won. because what is she gonna say “i’m glad you liked this word i added” lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,006 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.