Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,006 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
M
  • Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

perfect duet – Beyoncé switched gender nouns. That’s writing irreplaceable- Neyo wrote and gave it to Beyoncé. Added her own words “two damn totally different songs, with all the harmonies and extra stuff that she put in there…. So, yeah, I gave her writer’s credit,” he explained. “Because that counts. That’s writing…. She put her spin on it.” – Neyo Halo – “that bridge on her version is completely different to my original one. Basically, she came in, ditched that, edited it, did her vocal thing on it, and now it’s become one of my favorite parts of the song. The whole melody, she wrote it spontaneously in the studio. So her credit on that song stems from that.” – Ryan Tedder Single Ladies – Those “uh-oh’s” were Beyoncé’s. If I were a boy- she didn’t get credit the songs on lemonade took about 2-5 people to write. It looks long because she had to credit the samples. moral of the story is, yes, Beyoncé doesn’t write 100% of her own songs most of the time. But she has 100% involvement in everything she releases. Beyoncé is a master of adding little tiny details that no one can think of and it automatically makes the song better. Beyoncé is the standard, when you’re as talented as her, who gives a shit what she write. The only person bothered IS YOU. lets talk about something else now :)))

Honey, you’re delusional! This is the funniest shit I’ve ever read on here. 😃

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you’re delusional! This is the funniest shit I’ve ever read on here. 😃

ok so this is still gonna be talked about? ok.

I don’t understand what’s funny when all of those are direct quotes from people that have worked with Beyonce, I was just copying and pasting them.

but okay keep hating

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Yalls ROTY winner Lil Nas X released a new animated music video of Old Town Road.

its Area 51 themed.

Whoever is managing Lil Nas X deserves an award

ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

ok so this is still gonna be talked about? ok. I don’t understand what’s funny when all of those are direct quotes from people that have worked with Beyonce, I was just copying and pasting them. but okay keep hating

while the original post was funny, the fact that you see nothing wrong is what is truly hilarious at this point. The delusion i-

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

while the original post was funny, the fact that you see nothing wrong is what is truly hilarious at this point. The delusion i-

i…copied..and pasted…direct….quotes…from the people that worked with her…

The Perfect duet thing was worded weird ik, but Ed was the one that gave her the credit. She changed the narrative and the arrangement, I fixed myself after.

again, for the 12898293th time, lets move on ❤️❤️❤️

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Whoever is managing Lil Nas X deserves an award

someone told him about Billie and Justin lol

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

A gay black rapper having the record will bear a lot more weight than Mariah and Justin Bieber having it…

I’m happy for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Mariah deserved better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Not only does Beyoncé steal songwriting credits, she also steals choreography, video concepts, and tour ideas. Girlfriend is a straight up thief.

ReplyCopy URL
    marcos
    Participant
    Topics:

beyoncé literally freestyled the first and second verses to partition in the music studio. she writes. but even if she didn’t, there is no denying the fact that she’s had a good year, and it’s unlikely that she goes home on grammy night grammy-less. also, this is a PREDICTIONS thread, not a “does beyoncé write?” thread. moving on.

which album (HOMECOMING or The Lion King: The Gift) do you think has a better chance to do well as far as nominations? do either have a chance at AOTY? i think the former has more of a chance to be awarded, and i do think she’ll get an AOTY nom, but in my eyes billie eilish is still the frontrunner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Peppa Pig’s Debut Studio Album comes out on Friday.

I think we have a new AOTY contender y’all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

About the Beyoncé sitch, I am with the detracters here. As someone who stans Beyoncé to the core doesn’t effect my opinion about her performance this year. She UNDERPREFORMED. PERIOD. I am pretty sure she is going to underperform again. And I am not going to reward yet alone predicting a greatest hits live album with different production work into the mix to win AOTY or be in AOTY when many this year have stood out creatively or commercially.

Haven’t we learned that anyone can be kept out of the General Field. Look at Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran this an last year. Sales aren’t the biggest component- there are other big factors, such how many #1 or top 10 singles you have, whether you have support for the music industry, or if you write your own lyrics. Something that put Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas is that they produce and write their own lyrics. I have much respect than someone like Ariana Grande who even though I enjoy their music and think she is one of the frontrunners for ROTY or SOTY, she is not AOTY material imo.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Any thoughts on Honey by Robyn? I easily see her earning her usual Dance/Electronic Album & Dance Recording noms, but if she’s lucky enough I feel like Honey could snatch an AOTY nom. Am I crazy?

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Something that put Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas is that they produce and write their own lyrics. I have much respect than someone like Ariana Grande who even though I enjoy their music and think she is one of the frontrunners for ROTY or SOTY, she is not AOTY material imo.

Thank God you said this because I totally agree. We might get dragged for this but IMHO. I feel like Billie is more ahead/a frontrunner for AOTY than Ari is. BTW, I love Ari, TUN had bops. I have my reasons why I believe Billie is more likely to better than Ari. But then again, im no academy voter.

Both would still lose tho, ASIB would win as of right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Taylor Wikoff
    Participant
    Topics:

In regards to Beyonce’s chances, I see a few scenarios.

1. The Gift underperforms but Homecoming gets into AOTY due to prior buzz

2. The Gift does really, really well and the buzz surrounding Homecoming sets her up to get into AOTY with The Gift

3. The Gift does fairly/pretty well but there ends up being no obvious choice between the two so there’s vote-splitting and neither get into AOTY.

I think that if she had only Homecoming that she would have a 70-80% chance, but it’s hard to say until we see what happens with The Gift. It’s especially hard seeing how Spirit has really underperfomed but they also just released the music video and the movie comes out Thursday. There’s just too many factors to determine her exact chances at this moment.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,006 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.