Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,006 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
M
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Any thoughts on Honey by Robyn? I easily see her earning her usual Dance/Electronic Album & Dance Recording noms, but if she’s lucky enough I feel like Honey could snatch an AOTY nom. Am I crazy?

Honey was one of the most acclaimed projects of the year. Most definitely!

We can’t forget Tim by Avicii tho!

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

beyoncé literally freestyled the first and second verses to partition in the music studio. she writes. but even if she didn’t, there is no denying the fact that she’s had a good year, and it’s unlikely that she goes home on grammy night grammy-less. 

This is true. Beyoncé doesn’t always write. But there are many songs where she actually wrote a part of the song, including Partition and Formation. Formation verses were also written by her. The producers said they only had the hook and the chorus when they sent her the song, and she finished it.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao you never miss a chance to drag Gaga. Didnd’t know Power and Circa are Gaga stans. Actually Power doesn’t like Gaga for example.

A few pages ago when we were talking about Spirit, everybody was trashing and shading Beyoncé while comparing her to Gaga. And I know most of those random people were Little Monsters because I’ve seen them posting before, like that Gasper guy and the one who uses glasses in his picture. I wasn’t talking about regular posters like you or Power. Just look at the likes of any reply trashing Beyoncé and you’ll see I’m not wrong about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

In regards to Beyonce’s chances, I see a few scenarios. 1. The Gift underperforms but Homecoming gets into AOTY due to prior buzz 2. The Gift does really, really well and the buzz surrounding Homecoming sets her up to get into AOTY with The Gift 3. The Gift does fairly/pretty well but there ends up being no obvious choice between the two so there’s vote-splitting and neither get into AOTY. I think that if she had only Homecoming that she would have a 70-80% chance, but it’s hard to say until we see what happens with The Gift. It’s especially hard seeing how Spirit has really underperfomed but they also just released the music video and the movie comes out Thursday. There’s just too many factors to determine her exact chances at this moment.

Beyonces is the only MAJOR artist release on Friday aside from Iggy Azalea and obviously Peppa Pig.

When it was announced that The Gift featured music/sounds from Africa and featured numerous African Writers/artists. I knew it was probably not gonna perform well sales wise. The locals aren’t gonna like it, I can already tell. But then again, Bey doesn’t give a shit about sales or the charts lol and those aren’t really that big of factors to be considered for AOTY anyways.

Sprit doesn’t appear on the charts until next week I believe so we’re not sure where its gonna place there. Sprit wasn’t the type of song to perform well anyway. There was no replay value in comparison to Shallow (shouldn’t be compared anyways lol) But it sounds and is being treated like every other Disney song from a movie, I think people are forgetting it for a Disney movie lol. Those don’t normally do well unless you’re Elton John, and his song isn’t performing well either. The album is gonna be way different either way its still VERY likely that its gonna be critically acclaimed, favored, and coming for another 90 or higher on Metacritic, and i’m ready! She’s gonna do it for the culture and i’m 100% here for it.

Still can’t assume things as of right now.

*the MV is already stuck at 400k views which means its most likely at 1 mil already

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Nas (not to be confused with the gay meme artist) is releasing a new album this week. With no heavyhitters this year, I wonder if he could finally win a Grammy. Best Rap Album is an open race, and he will definitely be the overdue vet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Nas is releasing a new album this week. With no heavyhitters this year, I wonder if he could finally win a Grammy. Best Rap Album is an open race.

Funny you said that lol. Chance the rapper literally JUST announced his album coming on the 26th.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

A few pages ago when we were talking about Spirit, everybody was trashing and shading Beyoncé while comparing her to Gaga. And I know most of those random people were Little Monsters because I’ve seen them posting before, like that Gasper guy and the one who uses glasses in his picture. I wasn’t talking about regular posters like you or Power. Just look at the likes of any reply trashing Beyoncé and you’ll see I’m not wrong about it.

To generalize and say Gaga fans don’t like Beyoncé is wrong. Again, I linked her fandom website and most people were actually rooting for her. They have had two songs together when Beyoncé was into Pop and are friends with each other, not rivals. So I dont see why Gaga fans would dislike Beyoncé as you say.

But anyway… I think we’ve had enough talk about Beyoncé already today.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Anyways cats trailer coming this Friday. Hope Tom Hooper serves or else imma be pissed.

ReplyCopy URL
    queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao you are obsessed

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

But then again, im no academy voter. Both would still lose tho, ASIB would win as of right now.

I would disagree as of now, until nominations come out. ASIB has to secure a few noms to make it the frontrunner. And even though the Soundtrack has an edge of being the “safe” pick of the bunch, I still feel the safeness of Shallow didn’t even warrant a SOTY nomination. People want to always use the discussion, that This is America was bound to win because it had a political message of the bunch. Even though I agree to extent that was one of the reasons why, but then where is Kendrick’s Grammy for Alright or Hoziers Take Me to Church or even Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ win for Same Love. I think more support was rallyed behind Childish Gambino that he charted well while creating a political heavy movement across the board. I’m still not sure if Gaga has support in the General Field with one of her big commercial releases.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Lemme remind you she lost AOTY to a indie underdog, The Suburbs, back in 2011. What makes you guys think she has a chance with many critical darlings on the same playing that is equally field as the suburbs: IGOR, Cuz I Love You, Ventura and ofc Thank U, Next and WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO?

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

And this Stan talk is fucking crazy. You don’t even know this artist and you guys can defend them to the grave if someone else has a different opinion from you. Y’all need to stop. Especially with this Beyonce nonsense- this is not LEMONADE, and even then she lost to Adele, so please don’t make this a thing. Did we not learn from last year. Or with Gaga? I don’t see SOTY winner next to her name. But I do see 3 time-Grammy nominee for AOTY for both artists, yet the still lost 🤔🤔.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Please move to the new thread. This one is full.

ReplyCopy URL
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé should end up as Mariah, many nominations on Album of the Year but no wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    FierceJersey
    Participant
    Topics:

There are a lot of hate for Beyonce on this site. I got a good laugh reading all the posts.

One thing that is sure is , Beyonce doesn’t need massive sales or chart success to secure nominations or wins. It’s Beyonce. At least 4 or 5 nominations are already secured.

This is not about stanning or being a fan. Beyonce is a brand that most award shows would want to buy into, aside from her amazing talent and general showmanship, the African / Black narrative and cultural appeal. (The same reason she got all that Emmy nominations and Taylor swift or Gambino couldn’t get).

I would definitely love to see a BEYONCE VS GAGA face off. The ratings would be off the charts.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,006 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.