Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 686 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +42 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

2 weeks…the last thread only lasted 2 week.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

When are they adding the other 3 categories to the prediction centre? Aren’t they usually up by now?

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Whoever said Lizzo has a better chance to win AOTY than Gaga because The Suburbs won in 2011… lmao the absolute reach.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Whoever said Lizzo has a better chance to win AOTY than Gaga because The Suburbs won in 2011… lmao the absolute reach.

Who said dat💀 And what’s the correlation between Lizzo and…Arcade Fire?

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Or with Gaga? I don’t see SOTY winner next to her name. But I do see 3 time-Grammy nominee for AOTY for both artists, yet the still lost .

I’m still not sure if Gaga has support in the General Field with one of her big commercial releases.

Lemme remind you she lost AOTY to a indie underdog, The Suburbs, back in 2011. What makes you guys think she has a chance with many critical darlings on the same playing that is equally field as the suburbs: IGOR, Cuz I Love You, Ventura and ofc Thank U, Next and WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO?

No one here is taking anything for granted regarding aoty, especially in relation to Gaga, but it is undeniable that if she is indicated she is the person most likely to win among the nominees we are assuming
    About Gaga’s defeat in 2011 for an Indie band, you can’t compare the Gaga from today with the one in the beginning of her career, Gaga did not have the respect with the Grammys she won, in her early years.

About Shallow having lost this year, Shallow was not half of what became after the Oscars, before it was only a hit song with peak #5, rejected by the radios, which had a good commercial success, after the performance and the # 1 Shallow practically became something else, much bigger, even radios started playing, it was everywhere

The critics darlings you say? If we go for terms of criticism and metacritic ASIB is not behind those albums you mentioned, now if we go in terms of Grammy there is a big difference, all the owners of these albums come from artists who hardly took anything from the Grammy on their carrers. Ariana took her first grammy now, 6 years later, Tyler has not won anything yet and Lizzo and Billie are both a total unknown situation on this matter, yet among them you have Gaga 9x Winner 3 time aoty nomimee and even Bradley 1x Winner.

You may even come up with the Lemonade’s argument, but as yourself said, Beyonce was against Adele, a battle lost. There is no-one level Adele in the competition right now, and probably wont appear.
    And Gaga it is a Grammy darling, Joanne’s victory is the living proof of this

Again, there is no guarantee of anything here, no one is really affirming the winner, we do not have a 21 or 25 this year, but if we take it by logic, Gaga has the better narrative, the album that has the most winning face and the best relation to the Grammys among those others mentioned

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  jowgbruno.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Dan + Shay could submit Speechless to Pop and honestly it could get in.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Number one, Gaga was competing with another pop album (two if you count Lady Antebellum who had a huge crossover year). Number two, she was never considered the frontrunner that year – Eminem was. Number three, The Suburbs was a strong seller, which most of the critical darlings this year have not been. And finally, rock is usually the default choice when you’ve got two pop albums that aren’t frontrunners, a rap album, and a country album. Arcade Fire didn’t even win their genre category which goes to show what a default choice they were for AOTY.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Dan + Shay could submit Speechless to Pop and honestly it could get in.

They could, since they have another country radio hit with “All to Myself”, but “Speechless” is highly competitive for Country Duo/Group and Country Song, so I think that would be a mistake. And it’s not something like “Need You Now” which would have been a frontrunner in the pop field.

upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

What are you guy’s thoughts on Beyonce’s Spirit music video?

I absolutely LOVED it! The visuals, the colors, the costume changes, the Blue Ivy cameo, the choreography, and the tribute to Africa with the dancers. Truly majestic! Hopefully it helps push the song’s Oscar and Grammy buzz through the upcoming awards season!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  upitt.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  upitt.
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey don’t twist my words. I said in 2011, Lady Gaga lost AOTY to Arcade Fire, a indie rock band that has critical success while staying relatively less known than Gaga. Although she lost to a pop icon like Adele, I do think she is the pop icon of this year. Sort of like Veteran who is overdue for a general field award. I am only concerned was that Gaga lost to critical acclaimed artists before- This is America by Childish Gambino and The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. It could that The academy could choose a more critical darling. Although Gaga is the safe choice and is the country-pop-rock soundtrack of the year, something that has crossover appeal.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey don’t be spreading a reach when 1 you took my quote out of context and 2 you were the one that I vividly remembered saying Kacey Musgraves wouldn’t win AOTY because the album is too “niche”.

Barnacles Bro

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Number one, Gaga was competing with another pop album (two if you count Lady Antebellum who had a huge crossover year). Number two, she was never considered the frontrunner that year – Eminem was. Number three, The Suburbs was a strong seller, which most of the critical darlings this year have not been. And finally, rock is usually the default choice when you’ve got two pop albums that aren’t frontrunners, a rap album, and a country album. Arcade Fire didn’t even win their genre category which goes to show what a default choice they were for AOTY.

Plus, it was an EP that is essentially a continuation of the previous album. I was actually surprised she got the nom to begin with instead of just a ROTY nom.

Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

Ken Ehrlich is stepping down and will be replaced after the 2020 telecast. Good riddance.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Ken Ehrlich is stepping down and will be replaced after the 2020 telecast. Good riddance.

so is he still producing the 2020 one though?

*another old white man is gonna take his place after Ken in 2021. So it looks like there’s still gonna be no change lol.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.