Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 745 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

But the gift is literally the best album of the year

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

But the gift is literally the best album of the year

Is it?

Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d say it’s on the verge of being in the top 10 but it being “The Best Album Of The Year”?. No.

upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyonce just released an extended music video of “Spirit” featuring “Bigger” – she’s definitely pushing this album!

https://thatgrapejuice.net/2019/07/new-video-beyonce-spirit-bigger-extended-cut/

queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it?

It’s coming for critical acclaim yet again. 4/5 from The Telegraph. Others will start coming in.

That’ll make it 5 straight 80+ scores on MC. The other girls wish.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

The Gift will end up in AOTY. Finally Lady Gaga has someone to lose to.. I mean compete with.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Deemy.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Deemy.
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone here literally says every Beyoncé album will get in AOTY. Everything Is Love was the most predicted album last year and didn’t get nominated. Everyone was saying Homecoming was getting in until this new album was announced. I didn’t have to be here in 2011 to know that 4 was heavily predicted.

Beyoncé is not an automatic name-check, and it’s probably wise if people maybe wait a few weeks to see if The Gift has legs before rushing to predict a brand new album to get in AOTY, let alone be a frontrunner to win.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it’ll get an AOTY nom (as of right now) however I do see it getting a handful of genre nominations.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s coming for critical acclaim yet again. 4/5 from The Telegraph. Others will start coming in. That’ll make it 5 straight 80+ scores on MC. The other girls wish.

Theres already a mixed review from Guardian, the same “critic” that gave Lizzo’s Cuz ILY a mixed review.

*he gave Lizzo and The Gift 3/5 but Ed’s collab. album 4/5….
    ** variety just gave it an 84

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Is The Gift pop or “urban contemporary”?

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

urban contemporary

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

When the album was announced as being heavy on African collaborators, I actually thought it could be a Best World Music Album competitor. Having listened to the album, it’s most likely Urban Contemporary. They could throw it in Pop because the R&B panel can be weird sometimes, but UC is most likely.

queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone here literally says every Beyoncé album will get in AOTY. Everything Is Love was the most predicted album last year and didn’t get nominated. Everyone was saying Homecoming was getting in until this new album was announced. I didn’t have to be here in 2011 to know that 4 was heavily predicted. Beyoncé is not an automatic name-check, and it’s probably wise if people maybe wait a few weeks to see if The Gift has legs before rushing to predict a brand new album to get in AOTY, let alone be a frontrunner to win.

She is a 3x past AOTY nominee and one of the most awarded of all time. this is obviously gonna get critical acclaim and unlike EIL, this will be a massive commercial success (the Lion King as a whole) with massive promotion and awareness. I don’t see how it’s wrong to predict it when others are doing the same for  0x AOTY nominee Chance the Rapper and his not even released album.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  queenb.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  queenb.
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

So

Eds new album Project 6 is Being complete obliteraded by the critics and, althoug it might have good sales and a Stable hit, it dosen’t look like it will come near Divide’s sucess, it’s even far behind from what we expected

I guess it’s more than natural to assume that this will not be his year, maybe a nom for IDC but honestly? I dont believe it

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

She is a 3x past AOTY nominee and one of the most awarded of all time. this is obviously gonna get critical acclaim and unlike EIL, this will be a massive commercial success (the Lion King as a whole) with massive promotion and awareness. I don’t see how it’s wrong to predict it when others are doing the same for 0x AOTY nominee Chance the Rapper and his not even released album.

Chance the Rapper is a different case because his debut album has been hotly anticipated for years.

I don’t think it’s wrong to predict it; I just think it’s too soon to talk about it being a frontrunner to win, and it’s worth pointing out that Beyoncé is often overestimated in Grammy predictions, whether that comes to nominations (Everything Is Love being an example) or wins (her last 2 AOTY nominations; Beyoncé in Urban Contemporary Album)

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 745 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.