Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 686 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +42 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Why tf would Beyoncé submit a flop live album full of old tracks over an album connected to a blockbuster Disney movie?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s called The Big Day, and I’m not sure why it’s not in the prediction center yet.

There are a couple albums missing there. Someone needs to contact Daniel.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

op or “urban contemporary”?

Definitely Urban Contemporary.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

okay heres my take lol, im positive none of y’all care but…

It already isn’t looking like it can reach Lemonade type acclaim. But the album seems like its very well liked to the audience it was intended for. Before the album was released it was a trended topic on Twitter and when it was released 5 of the songs were trending topics, its obviously favored. “A love letter to Africa” is what Beyonce described the The Gift. I expected that this wasn’t going to do well because it doesn’t fit with the music that obviously popular right now. The album contains African artists/producers and majority is Afrobeats, obviously this wouldn’t attract say a Taylor fan or an Ariana fan or an Ed fan.

This album was created for a certain group of people to feel loved, included, and its literally just a feel good album with good songs. Im not surprised most of y’all don’t like it/don’t care for it. It was most likely NOT MADE FOR YOU TO LIKE, this can be said about literally every Beyonce project starting from Lemonade. The album focuses on black empowerment and inclusion to those who don’t feel included.

With that being said, its gonna fit with the same boat as Lemonade at the Grammys. It’ll only win in its genre. If it gets AOTY, most likely she’s not winning. Because we need to remember who the Grammy voters are……. They’re gonna choose the “easy-listen” album to win, and judging that none of y’all really cared for it, it guess it wasn’t an easy listen. But I obviously thought the album was amazing, my favorite Beyonce work tbh. As a Hive, I had little faith that it’ll do well. But we should all know by know that Beyonce doesn’t care about numbers or charts, she literally called this out on EIL.

But anyways, I know most of y’all aren’t gonna read this whole thing and or probably quote a sentence in this and call me out on it.

*omg I just realized how long this was.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Question.. shouldn’t The GIFT be entered into Soundtrack Album? . I mean I know Black Panther was entered in Rap Album and all… but what’s the difference between A Star Is Born and The Gift. Both albums are the Soundtrack to the movie. And The Gift has interludes directly from the film itself. In Kendrick’s case the only song that was played in the film was “Pray for Me”. The album never contained any dialogue derived from the script. I don’t have much knowledge about the film categories but are there rules to exclude The gift from being entered?

TeaCopo
    Participant
    Topics:

Question.. shouldn’t The GIFT be entered into Soundtrack Album? . I mean I know Black Panther was entered in Rap Album and all… but what’s the difference between A Star Is Born and The Gift. Both albums are the Soundtrack to the movie. And The Gift has interludes directly from the film itself. In Kendrick’s case the only song that was played in the film was “Pray for Me”. The album never contained any dialogue derived from the script. I don’t have much knowledge about the film categories but are there rules to exclude The gift from being entered?

The Lion King: The Gift isn’t a soundtrack

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

The Gift will NOT be nominated for AOTY. At this point, Bey will only get another AOTY nod when she tops Lemonade in terms of impact and acclamation.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

In this very weak year, The Gift could be nominated, even if it flops.

I wouldn’t rule it out. It won’t win though. It’s not something that’ll appeal to the voters at large.

Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol in this “weak year”… Some of the best criticaly acclaimed albums and singles came out just this year. It’s a slow year but it ain’t a bad year in music guys overall. It’s is a bad year for MAINTSTREAM music tho.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

With an astounding 91 MC score, My First Album by Peppa Pig becomes the best reviewed album of the year (tied with Titanic Rising). It’s predicted to debut atop of the Billboard 200 with sales nearing 1.7M, becoming the best selling first week since Adele’s 25.

`

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

With an astounding 91 MC score, My First Album by Peppa Pig becomes the best reviewed album of the year (tied with Titanic Rising). It’s predicted to debut atop of the Billboard 200 with sales nearing 1.7M, becoming the best selling first week since Adele’s 25. `

i-

y'all ugly and smelly

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam and Beyoncé brought it with their releases. Iggy not so much.

like I said before Dancing with a stranger has huge potential to win pop duo. How Do You Sleep is a huge bop and will be a success. But he has to go against Billie, Ariana, and Gaga. He’ll get the nomination but since he won’t win voters will compensate him with pop duo, Where he has a fighting chance. That’s if the Grammys like him anyway.

I have a feeling Lizzo is going home empty handed this year.

I’m starting to think lizzo peaked too early. But truth hurts did just reach the top 10 and she’s in hustlers which comes out just around Grammy voting time for nominations. But if she wants to win she’ll need something to keep her relevant during the holiday season.

i heard that Ariana might release another Christmas album around the holiday season. Which in my opinion is brilliant. Her first holiday album was successful but considering she’s the biggest pop star in the world at the moment. If she can crank out a huge hit off the album ( ala all I want for Christmas – Mariah Carey) it would easily give her a grammy boost. She did it last year when she released thank you next around the holidays/voting seasons and it paid off.

also someone else that I think peaked too early was Khalid. The Grammys snubbed him last year with love lies and eastside. And I really don’t see him getting nominations at this point. His best bet is urban contemporary and that’s pretty packed so maybe with Taylor Swift flopping he could submit to pop vocal and get in.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  na digga.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  na digga.
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran’s No. 6 Collaborations Project debuts at #1 with 171k.

y'all ugly and smelly

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

What strong contenders do we have for MV?

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

What strong contenders do we have for MV?

FKA Twigs, Cellophane
    The Killers, Land of the Free
    Madonna, God Control / Dark Ballet
    Billie Eilish, Bad Guy / Bury a Friend
    ScHoolboy Q, Numb Numb Juice
    Ariana Grande, 7 Rings / Thank U, Next
    Cardi B, Press / Please Me
    Gary Clark Jr, This Land
    Beyoncé, Spirit
    John Legend, Preach
    Tyler, The Creator, Earfquake
    Jonas Brothers, Sucker
    The Chemical Brothers, We’ve Got to Try
    Lizzo, Juice
    Solange, Almeda
    Miley Cyrus, Mother’s Daughter
    Lil’ Nas X f/ Billy Ray Cyrus, Old Town Road
    Tierra Whack, Unemployed
    Benny Blanco f/ Calvin Harris & Miguel, I Found You / Nilda’s Story

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.