Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 745 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
D
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

And about 15k in actual sales.

Guess it’ll go as far as Everything is Love, maybe

woke
    Participant
    Topics:

tragic. i told y’all it would flop. is that with or without the “tidal streams” added?

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

tragic. i told y’all it would flop. is that with or without the “tidal streams” added?

Everyone expected this.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

at least she outsold Peppa Pig

Balenciaga
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, those sales are awful for someone of Beyoncé’s calibre. She really needs to take a 4-year break.

PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Who is “you”? Because I don’t remember anyone here talking about Astroworld in a bad way. No one even talked about it besides from the AOTY conversations.

I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you’re not being homophobic or using “queens” in a bad context. Cuz that would be fucking gross.

Come on! Travis Scott deserved his nomination and nobody talked shit about him anyway. But he didn’t even sweep shit. Chance’s sudden sweep was predictable in every aspect, but atrocious at the same time. You have one of the best years in hiphop with Anderson Paak, ATCQ, Danny Brown, RTJ, Kendrick but The Grammy picked that shitty basic bitch line up. Like the fuck is Drake and Khaled doin in there?? Of course Chance won because critics love that album. But I think that album is a boring album that pretends to be aesthetic and artsy that caters for these pretentious music critics’ taste, and it worked! Honestly I even prefer Kanye to win that year, but of course, we all know the Grammy would never give any shit to him since all what happened prior. If Chance’s album will be anything like Coloring book again, and supposing Grammy darlings Kendrick, Jay z and Eminem is not expected to drop albums within the next 2 months, I’ll stick with Tyler. It’s been a boring year for hiphop so far.

My post is in reference to the portion about that throwaway song of his not performing. Queens stated the same thing about Travis Scott’s album’s prospects when he put out that song with Kanye West that went nowhere. His album then proceeded to break streaming records. Chance The Rapper’s album is going to be very commercially successful, so if that is what you are doubting, then you are obtuse.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

My post is in reference to the portion about that throwaway song of his not performing. Queens stated the same thing about Travis Scott’s album’s prospects when he put out that song with Kanye West that went nowhere. His album then proceeded to break streaming records. Chance The Rapper’s album is going to be very commercially successful, so if that is what you are doubting, then you are obtuse.

“Queens”

Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, those sales are awful for someone of Beyoncé’s calibre. She really needs to take a 4-year break.

After 4 years, she will be 42 years old. Don’t worry, she’s soon gonna retire and become what Mariah Carey is now.

Carlos Luis Turmero
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t had the chance to listen Spirit, honestly it’s an amazing song that probably won’t do well on charts, but it is so ROTY material.

I think one song that we are all underestimating is God’s Country, isn’t that song like the biggest country hit of the year? It could sneak in for ROTY

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, that “throwaway” track Chance released is the lead single for the album. So yes, underperforming is a bad sign.

I don’t even see how that relates to Watch when a) it wasn’t on ASTROWORLD and b) it actually debuted pretty high on the charts, unlike Groceries (that hasn’t even charted).

I’m not saying Chance will get 0 noms or something, but the hype seems gone for his new music. Hell, even Travis, who had one of the biggest albums of last year, got relegated to the Rap field.

PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

I am glancing at the Billboard Hot 100 right now, and why does that Billie girl not have any other songs from her album charting? Lil Nas X has random songs from his EP charting pretty high on the Hot 100 and the streaming charts. She only has Bad Guy charting on BOTH. It appears that you guys are labeling the wrong artist a potential one hit wonder.

PleaseFeedTheTroll
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, that “throwaway” track Chance released is the lead single for the album. So yes, underperforming is a bad sign.

I don’t even see how that relates to Watch when a) it wasn’t on ASTROWORLD and b) it actually debuted pretty high on the charts, unlike Groceries (that hasn’t even charted).

I’m not saying Chance will get 0 noms or something, but the hype seems gone for his new music. Hell, even Travis, who had one of the biggest albums of last year, got relegated to the Rap field.

I have already stated that I am referencing your statements about the commercial success, and do not act as if you have amnesia when the first numbers pop up next Saturday.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I am glancing at the Billboard Hot 100 right now, and why does that Billie girl not have any other songs from her album charting? Lil Nas X has random songs from his EP charting pretty high on the Hot 100 and the streaming charts. She only has Bad Guy charting on BOTH. It appears that you guys are labeling the wrong artist a potential one hit wonder.

She’s already had two big hits this year aside from bad guy. “Bury a Friend”, that peaked at #14, and When the Party’s Over, that peaked inside the top 30 and charted for like 30 weeks (the average for pop songs is 20). So no, Billie is not a one hit wonder. Nor do I think is Lil Nas X, who also has a top 20 hit that’ll probably take off.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure what you’re trying to say.

But Billie in AoTY is the biggest lock this year. There’s no denying that.

At this rate, Billie, Ariana and Gaga will all be in, considering how they performed well this year when other big names seem to have underperformed.

Lil Nas won’t be anywhere close to AoTY. His EP flopped. That’s all there is to it.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I have already stated that I am referencing your statements about the commercial success, and do not act as if you have amnesia when the first numbers pop up next Saturday.

Hopefully I’m wrong and Chance’s albums debuts with 200k SPS. Won’t happen but who knows.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 745 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.