Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 745 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

She needs to reunite with DC3. She’s running out of ideas as a solo artist. A Destiny’s Child reunion album/tour would be an automatic success.

Honey, I was just thinking about this earlier. Beyoncé will wait until her solo career runs out of steam (which will be soon). Then, she’ll do a Beyoncé and dem reunion.

Beyoncé’s Child would be cute with LaTavia, LeToya, and Michelle.

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t get how you can be a Lil Nas X stan

That too***

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so people are talking about how Bad Guy has been in the top 10 since April but wasn’t without Me in the top 5 for like 25 weeks and 30 weeks in the top 10? If so then isn’t Without Me likely to get in ROTY as well?

Ash
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Beyoncé lol but hive take notes ima defend her this one more time cause I hate delusional people. Okay Lets talk about flops 4 Beyoncé flop era produced anthem run the world girls  1+1  best thing I never had , love on top, countdown, dance for you, and end of time also acclaim.(if not the best one of the best flop eras in history)Following that Beyoncé changed the game 3 ways visual album, surprise drop, and making Friday release day as we know it IMPACT with 2.3 million pure sales. Lemonade era 20 years in her career 1.9 million pure sales 3 top 20s  most awarded album of all time song until gaga but formation still holds video and critical acclaim and HUGE IMPACT so yes Beyoncé seems to be struggling but lets not forget this is Beyoncé

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

If so then isn’t Without Me likely to get in ROTY as well?

Absolutely, however it is important to note than Halsey has never been nominated for her own albums/singles.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Absolutely however it is important to note than Halsey has never been nominated for her own albums/singles.

This is very important. It’s the main reason why I’m not predicting her to get nominated in the GF.

Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, this year is very shitty. I wouldn’t be surprised if Halsey showed up in ROTY & SOTY. Her lack of solo nominations will be a non-factor.

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

Grammy Predictions July 2019: Record Of The Year 1. Post Malone, Swea Lee- Sunflower 2. Ariana Grande- 7 Rings 3. Lizzo- Truth Hurts 4. Jonas Brothers- Sucker 5. Billie Eilish- Bad Guy 6. The 1975- It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You) 7. Lil Nas, Billie Ray Cyrus- Old Town Road 8. J.Cole- MIDDLE CHILD Album Of The Year 1. Lady Gaga- A Star Is Born 2. Billie Eilish- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? 3. Ariana Grande- Thank U, Next 4. Gary Clark Jr- This Land 5. Lizzo- Cuz I Love You 6. Anderson .Paak- Ventura 7. Vampire Weekend- Father Of The Bride 8. Beyoncé- The Lion King: The King (Still Indecisive) Song Of The Year 1. Billie Eillish- when the party is over Songwriters: Finneas Baird O’Connell 2. Ariana Grande- Thank U, Next Songwriters: Ariana Grande, Charles Michael Anderson, Michael Foster, Taylor Monet Parks, Tommy Brown, Victoria Monet McCants, Kimberly Krysiuk 3. Jonas Brothers- Sucker Songwriters: Adam King Feeney, Carl Austin Rosen, Joseph Adam Jonas, Paul Kevin Jonas, Louis Russell Bell, Nicholas Jerry Jonas, Ryan Benjamin Tedder 4. Post Malone, Swea Lee- Sunflower Songwriters: Austin Richard Post, Billy Walsh, Carl Austin Rosen, Carter Lang, Khalif Malik Ibin Shaman Brown, Louis Bell 5. The 1975- Its Not Living (If It’s Not With You) Songwriters: Adam Brian Thomas Hann, George Bedford Daniel, Matthew Timothy Healy, Ross Stewart MacDonald 6. Lizzo- Juice Songwriters: Eric Frederic, Melissa Jefferson, Theron Thomas, Sam Sumser, Sean Small 7. Vampire Weekend- Harmony Hall Songwriters: Ariel Rechtshaid; Ezra Koenig 8. Halsey- Without Me Songwriters: Amy Rose Allen, Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, Brittany Marie Amaradio, Justin R. Timberlake, Louis Russell Bell, Scott Spencer Storch, Timothy Z. Mosley Best New Artist 1. Billie Eilish 2. Lizzo 3. Maggie Rogers 4. Sigrid 5. Ava Max 6. Joji 7. Lewi Capaldi 8. Mabel Pop Vocal Album 1. Ariana Grande- Thank U, Next 2. Billie Eilish- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? 3. Carly Rea Jepsen- Dedicated 4. Jonas Brothers- Happiness Begins 5. MARINA- Love + Fear 6. Pink- Hurts 2B Human Pop Solo Performance 1. Ariana Grande- Thank U, Next 2. Sam Smith- How Do You Sleep? 3. Billie Eilish- Bad Guy 4. Shawn Mendez- If I Can’t Have You 5. Katy Perry- Never Really Over 6.Lizzo- Juice

I don’t see Ariana, Billie and Lizzo all getting into Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Record of the Year. The 1975 only has a chance in Album of the Year and Vampire Weekend ain’t getting shit in the GF!

Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey isn’t touching GF. She would need a record-breaking, mega smash hit with great critic reviews to get into GF, Without Me is kinda forgetful.

Plus, Halsey is kinda irrelevant as an artist. She has a few hits (and some flops) but overall nobody cares what’s she’s up to. She would need more than 2-3 hits to become a respected artist. Even Camila Cabello is more respected and relevant than she is.

Participant
    Topics:

Halsey isn’t touching GF. She would need a record-breaking, mega smash hit with great critic reviews to get into GF, Without Me is kinda forgetful. Plus, Halsey is kinda irrelevant as an artist. She has a few hits (and some flops) but overall nobody cares what’s she’s up to. She would need more than 2-3 hits to become a respected artist. Even Camila Cabello is more respected and relevant than she is.

Without Me is a bigger hit than people realize. Also, calling her irrelevant as an artist is kind of unfair. I think that even people who dislike/hate Halsey would agree that she is a huge star in the industry at this point in time.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

“Without Me” doesn’t really feel like a GF contender, but it’s probably more likely in Song than Record.

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not the biggest Halsey fan, but “Without Me” is a great record. Lyrically it’s catchy & has a relatable subject matter. A SOTY nomination isn’t too far fetched and would be deserving.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Over Taylor Swift, Yeah you’re right. Over Ed Sheeran? Lol

She’s not getting in over Ed Sheeran either. She’s never been nominated before and most Grammy voters probably don’t have a clue who she is.

Carly Rae Jepsen is not getting in over Ed Sheeran, either.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

These are all of the songs I think are in the hunt for Record and/or Song of the Year nominations; some more likely than others, obviously:

Record of the Year
    Lewis Capaldi – “Someone You Loved”
    Gary Clark Jr. – “This Land”
    Dan + Shay – “Speechless”
    Billie Eilish – “Bad Guy”
    Ariana Grande – “7 Rings” / “Thank U, Next”
    Halsey – “Without Me”
    H.E.R. – “Hard Place”
    Jonas Brothers – “Sucker”
    Khalid – “Talk”
    Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road”
    Lizzo – “Truth Hurts”
    Post Malone & Swae Lee – “Sunflower”
    Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – “Señorita”
    Maren Morris – “GIRL”
    SHAED – “Trampoline” (*)
    Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – “I Don’t Care”
    Blake Shelton – “God’s Country”
    Sam Smith & Normani – “Dancing With a Stranger”

Song of the Year
    “Bad Guy” (Billie Eilish)
    “Dancing With a Stranger” (Sam Smith & Normani)
    “GIRL” (Maren Morris)
    “God’s Country” (Blake Shelton)
    “Hard Place” (H.E.R.)
    “I Don’t Care” (Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber)
    “Señorita” (Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello)
    “Someone You Loved” (Lewis Capaldi)
    “Speechless” (Dan + Shay)
    “Sucker” (Jonas Brothers)
    “Sunflower” (Post Malone & Swae Lee)
    “Talk” (Khalid)
    “Thank U, Next” (Ariana Grande)
    “This Land” (Gary Clark Jr.)
    “Trampoline” (SHAED) (*)
    “Truth Hurts” (Lizzo)
    “Without Me” (Halsey)
    “You Need to Calm Down” (Taylor Swift)

(*) – unsure of eligibility

Participant
    Topics:

“Without Me” doesn’t really feel like a GF contender, but it’s probably more likely in Song than Record.

Is it ineligible in the SOTY category due to the Cry Me a River sample?

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 745 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.