Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 745 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
D
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

No girl they can’t. The only thing they can do is chose whether the award is gonna be presented live or in the preshow. If they could Ms Grande would’ve lost her award last year.

From what we know, Ken is the guy you don’t want to piss off. There have been a few artists who spoke out against the producers which resulted in the artists being blacklisted. IDK if its the producers themselves but the Grammys do some fucked up shit to the artist and we don’t know what goes on or how the process goes.

Every time an artist speaks out negatively about the Grammys, it always ties back to Ken.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Hot 100 projection:

OTR #1 557

Bad Guy #2 510

BAD GUY FINALLY REACHED 500 POINTS!! ITS PRETTY CLOSE TO OTR!

TWO songs from Ed’s collaboration album charts. Antisocial #20, Remember The Name #51

D
    Participant
    Topics:

The producers very much have impact on the winners, they can alter them.

No tf they cannot. These are not the MTV Awards, they’re one of the freakin’ EGOTs. They have integrity.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

There have been a few artists who spoke out against the producers which resulted in the artists being blacklisted.

Nicki Minaj is the ONLY artist who has complained about being “blacklisted” from the Grammys by him, and she still received nominations after the performance that supposedly caused a rift between her and the producers. She was just never invited to perform again.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Nicki Minaj is the ONLY artist who has complained about being “blacklisted” from the Grammys by him, and she still received nominations after the performance that supposedly caused a rift between her and the producers. She was just never invited to perform again.

Nicki submitted everything possible from Queen, and got 0. I don’t like Nicki that much but Nicki deserved AT LEAST one nod. This might be her just being crazy and ranting but she said that Ken was behind it, in her podcast. He’s been bullying her since 2010.

We should all know Ken is evil man by now. He made Frank take back his nom submissions from Blonde. Made Lorde back out of performing. Ariana exposing him (as she should have) doesn’t look too good. But who knows, Ariana doesn’t give a shit about Grammys lol.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana doesn’t give a shit about Grammys lol.

Yes she does lol. People who don’t have a great record with the Grammy’s pretend they don’t care. But actually they do care. If she didnt she wouldn’t have tweeted about her win almost instantly (she was probably watching live).

Winning a Grammy is the highest honor in the music industry. If Drake had as many Grammy’s as Kendrick, I bet you he wouldn’t be complaining about them.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Nicki submitted everything possible from Queen, and got 0. I don’t like Nicki that much but Nicki deserved AT LEAST one nod. This might be her just being crazy and ranting but she said that Ken was behind it, in her podcast. He’s been bullying her since 2010. We should all know Ken is evil man by now. He made Frank take back his nom submissions from Blonde. Made Lorde back out of performing. Ariana exposing him (as she should have) doesn’t look too good. But who knows, Ariana doesn’t give a shit about Grammys lol.

She received 0 nominations because this was stigmatized as her “flop era”. The same happened to Gaga and Katy with ARTPOP and Witness and they didn’t have any problem with the producers. When you are a huge celebrity and a woman, flopping isn’t acceptable to the voters.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes she does lol. People who don’t have a great record with the Grammy’s pretend they don’t care. But actually they do care. If she didnt she wouldn’t have tweeted about her win almost instantly (she was probably watching live). Winning a Grammy is the highest honor in the music industry. If Drake had as many Grammy’s as Kendrick, I bet you he wouldn’t be complaining about them.

Ariana already got her Grammy. Obviously this years ceremony opened her eyes, especially with what they did to Mac and his family. With the tweets after that, what I got was that she was completely over the Grammys as a whole.

But from that pic of her and her grammy the other day, idk maybe she changed her mind and wants more lol.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes she does lol. People who don’t have a great record with the Grammy’s pretend they don’t care. But actually they do care. If she didnt she wouldn’t have tweeted about her win almost instantly (she was probably watching live). Winning a Grammy is the highest honor in the music industry. If Drake had as many Grammy’s as Kendrick, I bet you he wouldn’t be complaining about them.

I agree Ariana cares about Grammys, of course she does, she’s an “ex-act”, she NEEDS validation to be taken seriously, more than most artists out there. But there’s a difference between caring with and being obsessed with. She’s not like Taylor Swift or she would never have complained about the producer like she did, knowing she could be blacklisted for that. In that sense, you could say she didn’t give a damn about it.

And a lot of artists don’t care either and never go to the ceremony. Usually only pop stars care that much about it because they aren’t taken seriously by many even when they have Grammys to brag about.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

She received 0 nominations because this was stigmatized as her “flop era”. The same happened to Gaga and Katy with ARTPOP and Witness and they didn’t have any problem with the producers. When you are a huge celebrity and a woman, flopping isn’t acceptable to the voters.

Very true. I would’ve thought Chun-li could’ve gotten something.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Very true. I would’ve thought Chun-li could’ve gotten something.

I knew from the start she wouldn’t be nominated unless they wanted to promote the show with Nicki x Cardi. Which maybe would’ve been even worse for her and her stans, since obviously Nicki wouldn’t win anything and Cardi would.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

He made Frank take back his nom submissions from Blonde.

That is not what happened. Frank Ocean made the personal decision to not enter his material.

You need to stop stating things as fact when you don’t have a clue how they work.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

Obviously this years ceremony opened her eyes, especially with what they did to Mac and his family.

How are you going to complain about the producers allegedly rigging the Grammys… and then suggest that they should have rigged the results so that Mac Miller won. Make it make sense.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

When you are a huge celebrity and a woman, flopping isn’t acceptable to the voters.

I don’t think this is the case so much as if your material flops or underperforms, it’s more likely to get passed over in favor of more successful material. They have nominated big celebrities for underperforming material (look no further than Taylor Swift in Best Pop Vocal Album this year, or The Carters winning Best Urban Contemporary Album).

Nicki Minaj’s nominations in the rap field this year would have been determined by committee, but with it being a competitive year in the genre (Drake and Kendrick Lamar missed album noms), Nicki not having a great year commercially, Queen having decent but not amazing reviews, and with it basically being Cardi’s moment, it wasn’t surprising that she was passed over. Plus, she’s never really been a voter favorite anyway.

And as I’ve already stated, she has been nominated since her alleged rift with Ken Ehrlich. So to suggest that he has had a hand in blocking her from getting nominations is extremely inaccurate.

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t wait till we get NewCat submissions!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 745 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.