Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 745 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

That is not what happened. Frank Ocean made the personal decision to not enter his material. You need to stop stating things as fact when you don’t have a clue how they work.

I know the facts, he made the decision to take back his 2017 submissions after Ken brought back the situation about his 2013 performance that didn’t go well. Ken threw him under the bus told him not to perform and Frank posted a rant about him saying its not true. He also thought he had something to do with 1989 winning over TPAB.

here are the facts since I don’t know them apparently

http://floodmagazine.com/64674/%E2%80%8Bbye-ken-ehrlich/

Bottom line is that Ken ruins everything lol

Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga never wins in the GF. An under-the-radar act will win AOTY.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

How are you going to complain about the producers allegedly rigging the Grammys… and then suggest that they should have rigged the results so that Mac Miller won. Make it make sense.

when I said THEY, I didn’t mean THEY as in the producers rigging anything.

They flew his family out to be there. They were told that if he won they would Show a special tribute.

They did all that for his family to watch him lose.

Ari and her family probably had this thought the entire time watching the ceremony that Mac could win, and he didn’t, resulting in her tweets @ the grammys.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I know the facts, he made the decision to take back his 2017 submissions after Ken brought back the situation about his 2013 performance that didn’t go well. Ken threw him under the bus told him not to perform and Frank posted a rant about him saying its not true. He also thought he had something to do with 1989 winning over TPAB.

here are the facts since I don’t know them apparently

http://floodmagazine.com/64674/%E2%80%8Bbye-ken-ehrlich/

Bottom line is that Ken ruins everything lol

Frank Ocean chose not to submit his material in retaliation for comments than Ken Ehrlich made. Ken did not directly stop Frank from submitting his material.

Reading comprehension is vital.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

They flew his family out to be there. They were told that if he won they would Show a special tribute.

They did all that for his family to watch him lose.

Key phrase: “IF he won”

He didn’t win. He didn’t have the votes to win. The Grammys invited them to the show and it was a kind gesture on their end. The family could have declined to attend if they wanted to. No one is guaranteed an award just because they passed away recently.

Unless they specifically told his family that he WAS winning, there is not an issue.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Key phrase: “IF he won” He didn’t win. He didn’t have the votes to win. The Grammys invited them to the show and it was a kind gesture on their end. The family could have declined to attend if they wanted to. No one is guaranteed an award just because they passed away recently. Unless they specifically told his family that he WAS winning, there is not an issue.

I know its doesn’t indicate a win but I was just going by Ari’s tweets after it happened “Grande is reportedly upset Miller’s parents, Karen Meyer and Mark McCormick, attended the show—per the Grammys’ invitation—and he didn’t win.” She tweeted “Literal Bullshit” Trash” “fuck”.

It doesn’t stop that her/her family and Mac’s family had this idea running thought their heads that he was going to win.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

It doesn’t stop that her/her family and Mac’s family had this idea running thought their heads that he was going to win.

That’s their problem. I don’t even know why you’re bringing this up. Nobody was in the wrong.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

But moving along…

We have a new AOTY contender.
    http://www.instagram.com/p/B0ByI1NA2NZ

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s their problem. I don’t even know why you’re bringing this up. Nobody was in the wrong.

M. said that Ariana very much cares about the grammys. I disagreed and said probably not after this year, because of Ken and the Mac thing. But probably changed her mind after her pic with her Grammy the other day.

Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Get it, Chance the Rapper!

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Nicki submitted everything possible from Queen, and got 0. I don’t like Nicki that much but Nicki deserved AT LEAST one nod. This might be her just being crazy and ranting but she said that Ken was behind it, in her podcast. He’s been bullying her since 2010.

We should all know Ken is evil man by now. He made Frank take back his nom submissions from Blonde. Made Lorde back out of performing. Ariana exposing him (as she should have) doesn’t look too good. But who knows, Ariana doesn’t give a shit about Grammys lol.

Nicki would say anything to dismiss the fact that no one cares about her anymore but her Barbs or to ignore the fact that Cardi B has accomplished things she hasn’t.

If her music was commercially successful or acclaimed, the Grammys would have no issues nominating her.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Chance The Rapper’s album will underperform.

The hype around him seems to have vanished. Ed’s collaboration with him, despite being very good, really underperformed. I Don’t Care, Beautiful People, South Of The Border and Antisocial all seemed to do better in terms of stream numbers.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M.
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

His 6-year-old mixtape just debuted in the top five of the Billboard 200 a few weeks ago. Lol. He’s fine.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

His 6-year-old mixtape just debuted in the top five of the Billboard 200 a few weeks ago. Lol. He’s fine.

and fell to #80 the following week.

We’ll see. But I feel he took a long time to release his debut album. He didn’t seize on the time when he was popular. So now it may be too late.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Dolly Parton just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1151635738846355456

Billies not getting this #1 lol

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 745 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.