Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 745 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop solo: If Billie submits bad guy to pop solo I think she could win. The only thing is we don’t know if the Grammys will actually take to her. So if lady Gaga gets nominated here I think she takes it instead

Pop duo/group: Billboard and hits daily double both put dancing with a stranger as a leading contender for Roty. I don’t know if it will get a nomination. It seems more fitting for song of the year tbh. But makes me further believe they will get nominated and win best pop duo or group.

Pop album: I know some of you like to dream but I don’t see in any way shape or form how Billie will win. Usually artist with her buzz win best new artist and a song category not album. Ariana had a bigger album commercial and it made more impact. The only thing in her way is that she won last year. My bet is still on her though.

Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

They always overpredict Pop in the GF. Watch only 4 pop songs get into Record and the rest indie, rock and country.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Chubby706.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Chubby706.
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Such a sad year in music.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all have too much faith in Chance the Rapper. Groceries didn’t even enter the Hot 100, I don’t see how his album is suddenly gonna “sweep” the Rap field. Unless it gets Lemonade-type of reviews he’s probably gonna get his Rap Album nomination and little else.

chem_x
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see Chance excelling critically or commercially. It will be average across the board, and I don’t think a nomination for Rap Album is guaranteed. Not with so many overdue veterans/under-recognized artists in the mix.

The attitude towards him has changed a lot. I have fond memories attached to Acid Rap but don’t enjoy him much as a person or musician anymore, and I know I’m not the only one.

smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally had a chance to listen to Weyes Blood’s new album Titanic Rising and it’s just so great. It’s everything I had hoped Maggie Rogers album would have been.

Believe the critical hype! Hopefully it can make a splash in Alternative Album

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  smurty11.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  smurty11.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard predictions are always off by a mile. Same with Paul Grein.

Honestly, Golderby combined odds tend to be closer to the actual list of nominees.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Loooooooool. With how weak the Rap field is this year there is no way Chance misses out, unless the album is a complete flop commercially & critically (which won’t happen).

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance The Rapper did mighty well against Drake at his peak, so I wouldn’t bet against him in the Rap field, especially in this weak year. There’s no Kendrick Lamar to rain on his parade either. I don’t think there will be a sweep, though.

aQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance got in cause his album was good and was talked about.. plus they made that Best New Artist change just so he could win. But now, we need to hear the album and see how it performs before outwrightly saying he’s gonna sweep tbh. Barely any hype.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Chance The Rapper did mighty well against Drake at his peak, so I wouldn’t bet against him in the Rap field, especially in this weak year. There’s no Kendrick Lamar to rain on his parade either. I don’t think there will be a sweep, though.

He’ll probably get into Rap Album and maybe one of the song categories, but so far the single’s flopped and I don’t see the acclaim. He beat Drake because he was the hot new kid on the block showered with acclaim and Drake is, well, Drake.

I agree that he could do well, but I find it just as delusional to predict him without knowing how he’ll perform commercially and critically as to predict that Beyoncé album.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop album: I know some of you like to dream but I don’t see in any way shape or form how Billie will win. Usually artist with her buzz win best new artist and a song category not album. Ariana had a bigger album commercial and it made more impact. The only thing in her way is that she won last year. My bet is still on her though.

I liked TUN better but I can 100% see Billie taking Pop Album home. Billie is the second best selling album of 2019 behind TUN. WWAFA hasn’t left the TOP THREE since April and Bad Guy hasn’t left the top 10 as well. Im mad that Bad Guy is the most successful single because in no way does Bad Guy show of her vocal abilities than basically the rest of the songs on the album. The album is also very critically acclaimed as well. The album is very relatable and hits home not only to teens but for adults who felt the same way. The final few tracks of the album HAD ME SOBBING!! lol. Not taking anything away from TUN but Billie most certainly can win BPVA.

Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard predictions are always wrong.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

BILLBOARD’s predictions are a mess. Their nominations look more like the Billboard Awards Hot 100 Song of the Category than anything else.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL, can we wait a couple hours, let Chance drop his DEBUT album and listen to it before we all make negative predictions about his odds at nominations?????

The fact is he is a 3-time Grammy Award winner and a former Best New Artist winner. The rap game has been WEAK this year. Unless his album is shit, he’s got a solid chance at some noms people.

Of course if it happens to flop or get bad reviews, then okay, but with NO ONE having listened to it yet and coming off of a Grammy-winning album, I think its safer to predict that he will be a contender at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 745 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.