Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 745 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
Boz
Pauly Antonio
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga has the 3rd highest win ratio among her contemporary artists who receieved at least 15 noms over the years. She’s only behind Bruno Mars and Adele.

I’m sorry but if that’s not Grammy darling for you, I don’t know what is.

Oh Gee she lost to a x12 week #1 mega hit from someone who just won SoTY, she can’t be a Grammy darling! Come on, even Grammy darlings can lose sometimes (see Bruno and how he lost two awards to Lorde).

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

No one expected her to win against Ed Sheeran’s Divide.

That’s not true. Gaga fans were sure she was winning that year.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

And Adele lost to Beyoncé in 2010, while we obviously did not see a repeat of that in 2017. Favor shifts constantly with pop stars. One winning does not mean that they hate another.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

This is not true. I know some people thought Million Reasons had a chance (it was most likely the runner-up anyway). But I haven’t seen ANY Gaga fan on here who actually predicted Joanne to win over Divide.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M.
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Some. Sheeran was the consensus pick in both categories, an easy frontrunner.

Just like how you predicted Dangerous Woman to beat 25, but that doesn’t mean it was a popular prediction.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

µJust like how you predicted Dangerous Woman to beat 25, but that doesn’t mean it was a popular prediction.

DC95 be dragging Oz like…

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Some. Sheeran was the consensus pick in both categories, an easy frontrunner.

Just like how you predicted Dangerous Woman to beat 25, but that doesn’t mean it was a popular prediction.

No, it’s different cause Gaga stans were the majority. Ariana was like 3rd or 4th in the 2015 odds.

Gaga though? She was leading the polls here, stans were filling threads up saying she would win, and even a certain user was sure she was winning.

I’m here for Ms Ponytail getting dragged into the convo once again. Her pussy’s too powerful.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

This is not true. I know some people thought Million Reasons had a chance (it was most likely the runner-up anyway). But I haven’t seen ANY Gaga fan on here who actually predicted Joanne to win over Divide.

You should get glasses then.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Some. Sheeran was the consensus pick in both categories, an easy frontrunner. Just like how you predicted Dangerous Woman to beat 25, but that doesn’t mean it was a popular prediction.

Joanne was winning the poll for Pop Vocal Album for months… Only in the last week Divide became the winner

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Barbra Streisand’s Partners was her biggest album in years and it was more commercially successful than Cheek to Cheek. And Bennett just lost Traditional Pop Vocal Album this year to Willie Nelson, who he usually beats. He is not an automatic name-check.

Barbra Streisand always loses Grammys when she’s nominated for 3 decades now. While Bennett always wins Traditional Pop Vocal Album/Performance, with 13(?) wins and only 3 losses, 2 of them against the same person(Michael Bublé). He even won multiple times for joint albums like CTC. He is an automatic name-check most of the time.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Joanne was winning the poll for Pop Vocal Album for months… Only in the last week Divide became the winner

False.
    https://www.goldderby.com/odds/graph/grammy-awards-2018/pop-vocal-album/

Barbra Streisand always loses Grammys when she’s nominated for 3 decades now. While Bennett always wins Traditional Pop Vocal Album/Performance, with 13(?) wins and only 3 losses, 2 of them against the same person(Michael Bublé). He even won multiple times for joint albums like CTC. He is an automatic name-check most of the time.

Most of the time. But there was an easy way he and Gaga could have lost. And again, Partners was Barbra’s biggest album since the ’90s, so her bad luck at the Grammys could have easily turned around.

But I’m not surprised that you of all people are trying to discredit the win.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  DC95.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  DC95.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Vocal, not Pop Solo.

DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Vocal, not Pop Solo.

Still false. I already corrected the post.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga could’ve lost Traditional Pop if they wanted to. Old voters are very picky, so they could’ve thought that she was too much of a popstar. So her win was earned, though Tony obviously was the leading factor.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

People on here hate Ed Sheeran with a passion. All it takes is a look at his thread to realize that. In my opinion it was just wishful thinking, mainly by people who aren’t serious predictors.

Most serious predictors agreed Ed Sheeran was winning Vocal Album.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 745 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Awards (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.