Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions | ALBUM OF THE YEAR

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions | ALBUM OF THE YEAR

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
M
PoweR
2020 Grammy Awards Predictions | ALBUM OF THE YEAR
I, I (Bon Iver)
Norman F***ing Rockwell! (Lana Del Rey)
When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (Billie Eilish)
thank u, next (Ariana Grande)
I Used to Know Her (H.E.R.)
7 (Lil Nas X)
Cuz I Love You (Deluxe) (Lizzo)
Father of the Bride (Vampire Weekend)
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Stans did the same thing with Melodrama. Lana is very lucky to get the BRP on her side for this to get enough passion for a nomination. No way is she winning AOTY for this. She couldn’t even get past The Gift for a Pop Vocal Nom or Spirit for a Best Pop Solo Nom for Norman Fucking Rockwell. Meaning that she didn’t get enough popular votes.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be content with a vampire weekend win even though I consider this to be the weakest of their works, its sonic patterns mostly stick to the retro route of modern vampire of the city (aka my album of the decade) albeit more beach boys than beatles this time but its lyrics largely failed to capture the combination of lost youth and political dismay that was so front and center in their past works, which is only understandable in their current circumstances, bottom line is they still managed to put out a technically accomplished, sprightly and allusive collection of songs

bon iver is a different story, his turn of phrases and obscure references just fail to resonate with me on any level at all, I was impressed with the sonic achievements of 22, a million but that’s about all the good things I can say of him, I’m sure he’s much more appealing to those who care more about whether who they’re listening to has scripted a movie about john henry abbott than whether the music forms an accessible connection

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder will she agree to perform . She should .

Lana will have a better chance at winning when she releases her next album next year . Jack will produce this album and she will have a more artistic approach, she revealed she’s already written parts of it.

Now we know she can get into the general field and she needs to do better with her submissions. Doin’ Time could’ve landed her a Pop Solo Nomination! And she could’ve pushed The greatest for rock and have multiple genre noms to increase her chances.

It’s all about how she’ll play her cards.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  deshunfenty.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks like if she continues with a more rock music approach with her music she could potentially get moved to Alternative Album. It’s obvious she wants to leave the pop sound from her albums.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s best to describe Lana in this race as she would make the most deserving winner if and only if we take merits into consideration and discard anything else! Otherwise, she only has a barely 5-10% chance to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

bon iver is a different story, his turn of phrases and obscure references just fail to resonate with me on any level at all, I was impressed with the sonic achievements of 22, a million but that’s about all the good things I can say of him, I’m sure he’s much appealing to those who care more about whether who they’re listening to has scripted a movie about john henry abbott than whether the music form an accessible connection

Right??? Like who are these people who are claiming that Bon Iver appeals to country voters and “rural voters from Idaho”? Recent Bon Iver music is not accessible, traditional, or crowd pleasing at all. This is literally the guy who named an album track “10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Right??? Like who are these people who are claiming that Bon Iver appeals to country voters and “rural voters from Idaho”? Recent Bon Iver music is not accessible, traditional, or crowd pleasing at all. This is literally the guy who named an album track “10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄”.

Well he has a much bigger chance at winning this then Lana does, that’s for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks like if she continues with a more rock music approach with her music she could potentially get moved to Alternative Album. It’s obvious she wants to leave the pop sound from her albums.

Considering Ultraviolence was moved to Pop, i doubt she will ever get moved from Pop. she’s never been a pop star yet all of her albums compete there which makes no sense. even LFL barely qualified as a pop record.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I know what it is.

Ive seen a lot of Lana stan twitter accounts argue with basically every fanbase over the past 2 days.

Majority of them believe that since Golden Hour won by being the most acclaimed and not the most commercially successful that NFR! will have the same result.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not only about critical acclaim, it’s about the reactions that voters will have when they sit down to listen to these albums. It’s about Lana having the best album of the year, period.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not only about critical acclaim, it’s about the reactions that voters will have when they sit down to listen to these albums. It’s about Lana having the best album of the year, period.

Does that sound like something you want? Well let me tell you’ll never get it.

Voters never sit down and actually listen to these albums. Most of them just name check based on the profile of the artist.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love for the Grammys to throw a curve ball and give H.E.R. AOTY. Funnily enough, she’s the only one who has been nominated for AOTY before. She has like no chance, but I would live for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s a thing with i,i. Even though i’m a fan and consider it the best album of the bunch, and not a minor effort in Bon Iver’s discography, I do recognize that this is not the majority’s opinion. Also, i,i will not fare well in year-end list, i believe (Father of the Bride will do better, I think).
    This is not a Morning Phase case: i,i it’s not as accessible and doesn’t stand out among his discography like Morning Phase in Beck’s, at least considering only the most recent part of his career.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

WWAF… and TUN alone are much better than NFR! lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

WWAF… and TUN alone are much better than NFR! lol.

Most audience except for stans would say otherwise.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.