Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Best New Artist

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions: Best New Artist

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
PoweR
ayanami
  • Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

Lizzo is definitely not winning with all of the plagiarism claims around her songs. She’s done. Billie has it.

Most of these copyright infringement claims, like many before it, are complete reaches, and the juries are not musically knowledgeable enough to know any better. The best example is the Dark Horse plagiarism claim, which was utter nonsense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

It’s interesting that “Truth Hurts” has been out for over two years, but now the infringement warriors come out of the woods. Success really do bring a lot of leeches and haters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:

Billie Eilish
    Lizzo
    Lil Nas X
    Tyler Childers
    Megan thee Stallion
    ROSALÍA
    Summer Walker/or Jamila Woods
    Maggie Roggers
    (Lewis Capaldi)

Although, I want Weyes Blood to make it. I think she doesn’t have the “popularity” the others possess and big success.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by deshunfenty.

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Lizzo is definitely not winning with all of the plagiarism claims around her songs. She’s done. Billie has it.

Sam Smith won ROTY and SOTY with a song he was accused of plagiarizing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chfrik
    Topics:

my bets

1. Billie Eilish

2. Lizzo

3. ROSALÍA

4. Lil Nas X

5. Megan thee Stallion

6. BLACKPINK

7. Ava Max

8. Tyler Childers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

Really don’t think this category should have been expanded to 8 along with the other General Field categories. BNA is already hard and confusing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RichardAniston
    Topics:

Lizzo was never going to win over Billie regardless.

If anything, this may hurt Truth Hurts’ chances in Song of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sky
    Topics:

It’s either Billie or Lizzo. I guess it depends on who they think should win: a young successful white teenager with a promising future and the biggest album of the year, or a young successful black woman who had one of the biggest singles of the year, stands for body positivity and can play the flute.

I personally am rooting for Lizzo, but I wouldn’t be mad if Billie won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonyKuKo
    Topics:

Is Lewis Capaldi submitted here? Cause if he does, he’ll probably win over Lizzo or Billie Ellish considering how weird and safe the Academy votes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Is Lewis Capaldi submitted here? Cause if he does, he’ll probably win over Lizzo or Billie Ellish considering how weird and safe the Academy votes.

He was submitted and that’s not happening. He’s a one hit wonder.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

I think “Someone You Loved” hitting number one actually hurts Lewis Capaldi’s chances of being nominated BNA. It makes it more glaring that he only has one hit song, and his album did nothing in the US. His chances in ROTY, SOTY, and Pop Solo have all increased, but I think that’s it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Are we repeating Paul Grein’s talking points now? I understand you guys don’t like Lewis Capaldi.

But, Get Real! He is a lock for BNA at this point. Back in the day some big artists were left out of BNA to make room for other contenders and diversify the line. With 8-nominee lineups, that isn’t a priority anymore. He will be in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi has barely made a mark. Lizzo, Billie, & Lil Nas X have had an entire year worth of material. It’s hard to believe this one song will secure Capaldi BNA.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Are we repeating Paul Grein’s talking points now? I understand you guys don’t like Lewis Capaldi.

But, Get Real! He is a lock for BNA at this point. Back in the day some big artists were left out of BNA to make room for other contenders and diversify the line. With 8-nominee lineups, that isn’t a priority anymore. He will be in.

I’m indifferent to Lewis Capaldi, I don’t listen to him but I also don’t listen to Maggie Rogers and I still think she’s in. Lots of artists with 1 hit miss even when they’re nominated elsewhere in the general field. B.o.B, Calvin Harris, Carly Rae Jepsen, Gotye, Jason Derulo, Jay Sean, Kesha, Kimbra, Lorde, and Taio Cruz were all snubbed despite number one hits. That’s also not including those without a number one hit but were still viewed as potential one hit wonders like Aloe Blacc, Ariana Grande, Ella Mai, Fetty Wap, Foster the People, Hozier, Imagine Dragons, Juice WRLD, Logic, Marshmello, One Direction, and Walk the Moon. Ella Mai, Juice WRLD, and Marshmello all competed in an 8 nominee lineup, yet still missed. Capaldi is not as big as Billie Eilish and Lizzo, he can easily miss. It’s a fate that’s likely to befall both Capaldi and Lil Nas X.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.