Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 683 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
6 mins ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
DC95
Pauly Antonio
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

But just in case the point comes back (as it eventually does when DC95 and M have no arguments left): yes – I, user Boz, wrongfully predicted Dangerous Woman to win over Adele’s Hello in Pop Solo back in 2015. I don’t give a fuck, and frankly, neither should you.

That said, I love having stans, so I appreciate the hardwork. Keep it up!

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you expect me to feel bad for dumb prediction I made in my first year or because you actually took time to go to my old predictions, screenshot, edit and upload it, and then make a post that will absolutely, 1000% percent be irrelevant to this conversation, and one that you just did to further indicate how little basis you have for Bad Guy winning anything against anyone?

Considering you’re suggesting I’m delusional and/or biased and/or dumb for the prediction I’ve made, and you’ve given no credible reason why Ariana is supposedly so much more likely than Billie to win other than the possible implication that you personally don’t think “Bad Guy” is a good song, I think it’s fair game to bring up your more questionable predictions.

“Bad Guy” has had success at pop and rock radio (reaching #1 at both top 40 and alternative), unlike “Thank U, Next” or “7 Rings”, which suggests it has broader appeal. “Bad Guy” is catching up with both songs in Spotify streams and YouTube views, which suggests it is on track to be more commercially successful. And it’s also #2 in its 18th week on the chart, by which point both of the Ariana songs were already out of the top ten, so it’s had more longevity. And it’s also newer, so it’s fresher in the minds of voters. Those are my reasons. What are yours?

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways future Grammy winner Lizzo’s NPR Tiny Desk Concert was uploaded to YouTube a few days ago. Enjoy!

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

What they have in common is that they sang very easy-listening material, while most hip hop tends to address race issues, which white old voters might not appreciate.

Yes, yes, easy-listening material with no race or civil rights issues like Say it Loud, I’m Black and I’m Proud (James Brown), Living for the City (Stevie Wonder), What Did I Do to Be So Black and Blue (Louis Armstrong), Respect (Aretha Franklin.

You know NOTHING about the artists I mentioned. You shouldn’t talk about them as if they didn’t care or didn’t adressed their thoughts on their songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Considering you’re suggesting I’m delusional and/or biased and/or dumb for the prediction I’ve made, and you’ve given no credible reason why Ariana is supposedly so much more likely than Billie to win other than the possible implication that you personally don’t think “Bad Guy” is a good song, I think it’s fair game to bring up your more questionable predictions.

I have given the reasons why I think Ariana will win Pop Solo, which you can gladly look up in the past threads.

And yes, it is true that my first predictions ever are somehow telling of my ability to predict 4 years after. You’re truly, without a doubt, the brightest post on these forums.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, yes, easy-listening material with no race or civil rights issues like Say it Loud, I’m Black and I’m Proud (James Brown), Living for the City (Stevie Wonder), What Did I Do to Be So Black and Blue (Louis Armstrong), Respect (Aretha Franklin.

Did any of those songs win Record and/or Song of the Year (which are specifically the categories we’vr been talking about)?

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Did any of those songs win Record and/or Song of the Year (which are specifically the categories we’vr been talking about)?

They were talking about GF wins and 2 of Stevie Wonder’s AOTY winning albums tackled race issues.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m curious to see what Lizzo’s nomination haul looks like come November. She could be shooting for the 4-5 range or even 8+, depending on submissions and how genre committees feel about her.

She’s definitely getting nominated for AOTY, BNA (unless ruled ineligible), and Urban Contemporary Album.

ROTY, Rap/Sung & Rap Song are likely, SOTY is possible. Rap Performance for “Tempo” could happen; R&B Performance and/or Song could happen, “Crybaby” could get in Rock Performance and/or Song, and if voters really like her, “Juice” could even get in Pop Solo even though it wasn’t that big of a hit.

She’s definitely going to do well, but how well is the question.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey there are 4 frontrunners, a pop veteran, a pop star, and 2 pop newbie. I might not like A Star is Born, but the fact that Lady Gaga has AOTY at the Grammys is phenomenal. Ariana Grande is at the peak of her career with her best album to date. And Billie and Lizzo has one of the best albums of the eligibility and both have one of the best mainstream debut albums of the decade.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lizzo could get around 8 noms (4 GF noms, Rap Song, Rap/Sung, and Urban Contemporary, and R&B Song). That said, R&B Performance and Rap Performance could also happen. She could be the top nominee of the night.

After her, Eilish could get 6 (Record, Album, BNA, Pop Solo, Pop Vocal, and Music Video). Still not convinced she’ll get into Song but it could happen. I’m predicting Ariana for 5 (Song, Record, Album, Pop Solo and Pop Vocal) and Maren for 4 (Country Solo, Country Song, Country Duo/Group, and Country Album). Gaga is also getting at least 4 (Album, Song for VM, Compilation Soundtrack and Pop Solo).

On another note, I wonder how Lil Nas X will submit. I think Panini in Pop Solo, OTR in Song, Record, BMV, and Pop Duo/Group, Rodeo in Rap Sung and Rap Song, Kick It for Rap Performance, and F9mily in Rock Song and Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I […] predicted Dangerous Woman to win over Adele’s Hello in Pop Solo back in 2015.

Will always be a classic in the history of Golderby predictions

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

But I’m the one with a history of delusional Pop Solo predictions

Y’all drag him every other week for this…let the man breathe💀.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Please tell me which stations you’re listening to because i’m still hearing Sunflower and OTR constantly.

https://kworb.net/radio/

Sunflower is at #35

Old Town Road is at #23 which is pretty low for a #1 song

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all drag him every other week for this…let the man breathe💀.

He came at me first with an accusation that could easily be turned back around on him. When you do clownery, the clown comes back to bite.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

https://kworb.net/radio/

Sunflower isn’t even there

It’s at #35.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 683 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.